Archives > Archive 6

HEAT WAVE

(1/41) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, the notes were hot, baby, hot, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're just sitting there like so much fish, too hot to handle.

bk:
And the word of the day is: HAPTIC!

Ben:
It's so hot people aren't posting!!!

Ben:
It's already very hot here in New York. When I left the house at 6:05am I walked out the door and almost turned around to walk back in but now I'm at the office with a fan and air conditioning.

Ben:
This from DR Laura:

Here is a question: In 1776, does the actress who plays Mrs. Jefferson get paid as much as the actors who perform for the whole show?

and this from DR Jose:

Well, all actors get paid the same base salary - at least for Equity productions.  However, the base salaries are just minimums.  If you have a good agent...

but a good agent won't get you much more if the theatre operates under what's called a "Favored Nations" contract, meaning that all actors get the same thing, same salary, same amenities, etc. Many small regional houses operate this way to avoid the kind of salary negotiations that can break a production. I don't know if the Musicians Union has an arrangement like this. I just know that it applies to Equity productions for the actors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version