Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I LED THIRTEEN LIVES  (Read 59945 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I LED THIRTEEN LIVES
« on: July 19, 2006, 12:12:11 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've met all thirteen personalities, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're having multiple personality disorder right now.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 12:34:59 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I LED THIRTEEN LIVES
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 12:15:49 AM »

And the word of the day is: SAGACIOUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 12:17:36 AM »

Wishing the late and beloved ozderek a happy haineshisway.com birthday in heaven.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 12:18:25 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to the Missed DR OZDEREK
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 12:18:36 AM »

C  IOU  (a) Saga!!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 12:18:59 AM »

DRJANE - MBARNUM instructed you how you can get your OWN personal copy of SCARLET STREET....and yes be sure to mention all of our names!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 12:21:52 AM »

We had our brush up rehearsal tonight, and hopefully the show will go well in its last four days of existence.  We have some nice crowds and I sold about 30 tickets between 5 pm and 6 pm.

Of course we probably would have done the same thing yesterday, if the box office person had decided to show up.  When I called to reserve some tickets....NO ANSWER....NO ANSWER....NO ANSWER....  So I sent an email telling EVERYONE on the board who messed up!

Of course this morning I get an email telling me about car trouble, etc, and did I want to see a note from the mechanic....and that she stayed an extra hour and sold a total of six tickets.

Well....sure....we do more business from 5 to 6 - the first posted hour we are open than the second hour...or ANY hour we are NOT advertised as being open.  Dumb ass!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 12:23:05 AM »

Birthday greetings to the Ozderek who is looking down warmly on us all..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 12:23:43 AM »

But then - some things seem important, but they are really not.

DRLAURA and DR DAKOTA CELT have made us aware of that.

And on Monday, my friend Ernie (he was Oscar when I was Felix) suffered a stroke and is in the hospital.  And last night they discovered his sister Jan (one of the Pigeon sisters) dead of a heart attack in her house....

Distressing for many people....but the show must go on.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 12:26:23 AM »

And my sister is moving on Tuesday to Seattle to be with a man she met on the internet who has a LONG criminal history including time spent in Federal Prison for a crime I shall not mention.

No amount of common sense talk or persuasion can change her mind.

So I am a bit distressed - although I try not to air my very personal activities here....those are some of the reasons I have been away now and then.

I am a willow, I can bend.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 12:26:48 AM »

Oddly you do... My dad is a great guy and he is upbeat despite the fact it is terminal. He is at the moment his usual cantankerous and Germanic self.... And cracking VERY BAD jokes!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 12:27:55 AM »

Vibes to Jrand and his sister...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 12:28:56 AM »

What care I for tin-seel and glamooor.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 12:29:20 AM »

Vibes to Jrand and his sister...

Thanks....I won't give up until she gets on the plane.  8)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 12:31:37 AM »

Thanks....I won't give up until she gets on the plane.  8)

I wish you well in your struggle good sir!!

Funny it is the battles that often make us stronger...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 12:33:57 AM »

I spent the better part of the last week in a numb state however last night I was angry and I mean angry due to prognosis.  I did the next best thing

I took out my dart board, plastered a picture of Ken Corday on it and proceeded to throw darts at it.... After that I pinned a picture of Saddam Hussein and threw more darts....  I then hung up several more pics of people I dispise....

Oddly, it was a release...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 12:50:12 AM »

Interesting title....

Perhaps that is the beauty of life is the different facets it presents. When one looks at a gem you never know what you will see as the light glimmers and refracts in different directions. One never knows what they will see. Perhaps that is one reason I find celtic knots incredibly intriguing. The twist and twine until the come to a meeting point and then the spiral off again in a different direction until they the strands come to a new crossroads. Perhaps that crossroad is another facet of the spirit we so choose to find and explore.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 12:57:52 AM »

bk, if you could take your kritzerland series and produce a movie, who would you have playing the lead?

Tomovoz

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 01:35:24 AM »

Thank you Bruce and all.
It's been a difficult day for Derek's family and friends.

"TassieTed" who lives with Derek's sister Maureen, arrived today to stay a few days with Derek's own Ted.

They have been having "cake" in honour of Derek.
It is course a "bee sting" cake as is appropriate for Bears.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 04:46:37 AM »

Good morning, all!  Today I will venture forth to Fourteenth Street.  Last night's theatre jaunt with the jovial (and disgustingly positive) DR Jose was a good trial run for being out of the apartment for 4 hours was a good trial run.  The incision still bleeds, but I'm hoping it's carrying away all infection causing the abscess for good, this time.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!A POSTHUMOUS BIRTHDAY WISH TO DR OZDEREK WHO IS MISSED GREATLY!!!!!!!!
[/move]

DR JRand55, I've never understood the mentality of any of those women marrying prisoners involved in horrific crimes, so I have no remote suggestion of advice to you concerning your sister's irrational decision.  Kiss her goodbye, wish her well, and never tell her "I told you so" when it ends badly.

Oh, God, I'm turning into Dear Abby.

TOD:  Are you sending me a script with the music?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 04:46:59 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 05:04:53 AM »

Here is how most of us remember DR Ozderek. He is missed.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 05:05:18 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 05:09:25 AM »

Ask BK DAY

We often hear that a DVD was taken from this source or that source.

What exactly is an interpostivite print?
Is there anything they can do to it to improve the quality of it?

Also mentioned is a camera negative. Are there different kinds of negative sources?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 05:10:41 AM »

GOOD HEALTH VIBES TO Larry
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 06:13:15 AM »

Lovely pics of the visiting bears, DR TOMovOZ!

Thanks DRELMORE....I will try.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2006, 06:16:37 AM »

My first question for ASK BK day....

What do you think are the BEST and WORST imitation of a celebrity's life in a movie or tv biopic?

James Cagney as Lon Chaney in MAN OF A THOUSAND FACES - good.
Frances Fisher as Lucille Ball in LUCY & DESI: THE TRUE[!]STORY - bad

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 06:19:48 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Sorry to be E&T all day yesterday.  I had my share of irritations and aggravations, but they were all put in perspective when I read yesterday's posts.

Thoughts & prayers to DRs DakotaCelt, DearReaderLaura, Elmore, JRand, PennyO and any others dealing with situations much more serious than anything that has come my way lately.

I will hug a bear today in remembrance of OzDerek.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2006, 06:21:46 AM »

Good morning. DR JRand I have no words of wisdom about your sister other than Ted Bundy didn't kill his girlfriend.  Don't know that it helps.

Cillaliz

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2006, 06:24:16 AM »

I don't mean to make light of the situation, but it was the first thing that popped into my head.   I see a lot of women hang on for people who have done some pretty nasty stuff.  Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.  I wish you and your sister the best.

My best advice is keep the lines of communication open with her so she always knows she has a place to go if things get ugly
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 06:24:41 AM by Cillaliz »

Ben

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2006, 06:30:05 AM »

I actually have a question for BK!

I know of Your Own Thing but I've never heard the score. Whose idea was it for the great 50s/Forever Plaid kind of arrangement for What Do I Know (from your Shakespeare on Broadway album). I love it!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 06:32:39 AM »

Still haven't heard from Boo's prospective new family.  I really do hope they want her. It's sad for me, but this situation really isn't fair to Callie who is going bonkers and Boo who is stuck in the guest room.  And there is a nice young girl who wants a cat and a loving home for Boo to take over.  I think she'll like that.  

If they say yes, it will be with the condition that if for any reason they decide they don't want to keep her they will call me and I'll pick her up.  Our shelter is not a no-kill shelter and they have had too many cats this summer.  That's not going to happen to Boo.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up