Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE "G" WORD  (Read 62200 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE "G" WORD
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2006, 03:44:44 PM »

I googled my way to this site, too

Funny, you googled and Matt-googled to this site!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2006, 03:45:03 PM »

WEare googling right along to page 5!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2006, 03:50:45 PM »

but seriously folks...I am going to start an "I Hate Geico" website...they are the most unprofessional group of people I have ever, ever dealt with in my life...I get better customer service at the local 7-11...would you believe that the guy who is supposed to write me the settlement check cannot, because his checks were stolen out of his car! And nobody else in Geico's Salem office can write such a check! I would have to drive to North East Portland to get someone else to write me a check!

On top of the fact that I can never get the claims udjuster to ever return my calls...and and other general incompetence...I am at my wits end...it also is making me a very grumpy boy, which is something I am not, normally.

Oy.

Now, that is all!

MBarnum, you are not the first person I have heard that from. FArmer's  Union is not much better.  FArmers is just as bad
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 04:11:40 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2006, 03:53:13 PM »

Had a nice haircut courtesy of Teddy, had a nice meeting at LACC, and now I'm trying to work up the energy to jog.

Am having dinner with Miss Heather MacRae this very evening.

BTW Bruce, my freind DAwn posted a notice about Kevin's appearance on Soaptown in the LACC cabaret series.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2006, 03:54:14 PM »

The sample 30 degree reverse bevel satin nickel hinges fit -- so the rest have been ordered. Then I'll be able to finish finishing the cabinets. Today I removed the kitchen wallpaper.

I'm sure you are all thrilled.

Are you painting or rewallpapering?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2006, 03:55:24 PM »

If a motorist who is covered by Geico insurance should ever run into me again...then please shoot me.

That is all.

I wonder if the two of us could have a battle of tacky insurance companies.

UP here it is FArmer's Union and Farmer's that are incredibly annoying and downright sexist!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2006, 04:06:40 PM »

And I, for one, find that little lizard a bit smarmy in the Geico commercials.

I jsut want to go:

HERE KITTY, KITTY

COME AND GET HIM!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2006, 04:10:32 PM »

Oh, good, he posted over at the HTF.  Don't want those "people" to have an apoplectic fit.  

Shakes head...

Almost as entertaining as watching Dee Hall fans when Dee was benched... I wish it was permanent..... Prefer her being canned over Matt any day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2006, 04:22:39 PM »

That felt GREAT.  First of all, it's not nearly as hot today as it's been.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2006, 04:30:37 PM »

The tart has been finished.  Decoratetd with fresh raspberries and powdered sugar on a black platter.  Tomorrow I'll post a picture.  Finished up the raspberries in a smoothie with ice, skim milk and splenda, not bad for a hot day refreshing drink.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2006, 05:04:16 PM »

I've found all sorts of interesting things.  Of course there was the initial surprise at the number of people who share my first and last names. I've always wondered if anyone who has googled me (and I know of at least one old friend who found me that way recently) thinks I am a dog trainer, a midwife, was in the movie KIDS or was President of the Black Law Students Association at Columbia. None of those are true.

None of them???

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2006, 05:12:52 PM »

That is the last time I read BK's notes before I go to work in the morning!  All day long, I had the song "Wayward Wind" running through my mind; and the worst part was that I had no idea why.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2006, 05:31:57 PM »

Does anyone remember Peter Lemongello?

We had a client (many years ago) who named her two children Lemonjello and Orangejello.  They were twins, don't ya know.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2006, 05:32:12 PM »

So far this is the best day of the week.  I hope that is so for Angel too.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2006, 05:38:34 PM »

I know him.  I've worked on a couple of albums with him and his wonderful wife.

You sure know how to ruin a fantasy!
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2006, 05:39:34 PM »

The tart has been finished.  

That's the title of my next novel.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2006, 05:42:27 PM »

...I was being viciously attacked by one of those subhuman entities for daring to have "views" on the Oscar show one year...and was accused -- in a long line of negative accusations -- of being a homophobe because I dared suggest surprise at learning someone I'd presumed was gay actually had a wife and children.  Go figure. ...
The person in question wasn't Rosie O'Donnell, was it?

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2006, 05:46:45 PM »

Tart is in the fridge setting.
I hope she's wearing something warm around her shoulders.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2006, 05:49:01 PM »

And I, for one, find that little lizard a bit smarmy in the Geico commercials.

Yeah!  Anyone who would eat pie n' chips.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2006, 05:52:06 PM »

One of the movies we talked about at the pool was THE UNSINKABLE MOLLY BROWN, so when I got home, I put that on to watch. Jeff's boy friend Bob was especially enamored of the dance number accompanying "He's My Friend." I remembered it was lively, but I didn't remember the steps being so intricate for Debbie Reynolds and her brothers, so I watched it a couple of times. Wow, it really was some expert hoofing going on there.

Oh!  The brothers danced, too?
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2006, 05:53:28 PM »

And I keep thinking that JT is going to play Edna!

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:(
With the same wig he wore in BE?

Well, maybe for the early scenes.

First, get a comb-out, then go with the hairspray!

::)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2006, 05:56:24 PM »

I think Heather's either stuck in traffic or lost - she doesn't have a cell phone with her, so I'm concerned.  I hope I gave her good directions, which I'm pretty certain I did.  Well, she could always stop at a pay phone if there was trouble or she was lost.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2006, 05:57:16 PM »

And I keep thinking that JT is going to play Edna!

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:(

I am not a big fan of John Revolta, but I think he might do well as Edna.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2006, 06:05:03 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I have to say I certainly do love that chicken from Popeye's... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2006, 06:05:35 PM »

...And now I'm just waiting for the "So You Think You Can Dance?" results show to come on...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2006, 06:05:47 PM »

That's the title of my next novel.
True story.

When my mother was dying of cancer, one of her "friends" showed up at the hospital to express her condolences.  She was more than a little pushy, grabbing onto my arm and sitting me down, insisting on knowing how my father was faring.  Not my mother, my Dad.  I'd heard of widows who latch onto newly widowed men before, but this was my first encounter with one, and Mom wasn't even in her body bag at this point.

Well, not too long after Mom let go, maybe a day or two, the friend showed up at the family front door, with an edible gift.  It was a very gooey lemon confection.  We thanked her, several times as she didn't take the hint to leave gracefully the first few times, but leave she finally did.

I think it was der Brucer who wondered aloud "Why lemon?"

I couldn't resist, and automatically replied "Tart."

(Dad actually dated her for a while, before she figured out that he didn't have a lot of money and found someone else who did.)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2006, 06:06:29 PM »

BK - Is there any radio station or internet news site you could check to see if there are any major traffic back-ups?  I'm sure Heather is fine, just running a bit late.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2006, 06:09:51 PM »

I've decided the local Popeye's isn't worth the bother any more.  The chicken is good enough, but if what you've ordered hasn't been made, the manager likes to pawn off what else she has on hand.  And the sides are nowhere near what they've been at other shoppes in the chain.

I'm having to learn how to make good fried chicken on my own.

(Step one - learn how to chop up the chicken into it's parts.   :o :o :o)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2006, 06:12:14 PM »

We're very much on the same wavelength, TCB.  I've been calling him John Revoltin' for years.

Remember that big hit film of his, Saturday Night Sleezer?

Or, the more simply titled film he did shortly after, Sleeze, co-starring Olivia Newton Bland?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2006, 06:12:35 PM »

I just want to say if any of the recent three vampire musicals had a number half as entertaining as the opening of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, any of them might still be running.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up