Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE "G" WORD  (Read 62071 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE "G" WORD
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2006, 09:17:09 AM »

I've heard through the grapevine that:

It's hot as hell in Ark-a-del-phia!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2006, 09:17:23 AM »

Ooh!  Ooh!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:24:17 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2006, 09:22:28 AM »

What?!?  What?!?
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2006, 09:24:42 AM »

Page 3!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2006, 09:31:08 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Jessica Molaskey has never recorded for me, but she did do Mr. Skip Kennon's show Time and Again in San Diego and she was terrific.  She WAS married to Mr. Adam Heller and I DID have dinner with the two of them at the home of Mr. Sal Viviano and his ever-lovin' Liz Larsen (currently playing Miss Adelaide to Mr. Jason Graae's Nathan) and I DID record Mr. Heller who was in Merrily We Roll Along at the York.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2006, 09:36:28 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Jessica Molaskey has never recorded for me, but she did do Mr. Skip Kennon's show Time and Again in San Diego and she was terrific.  She WAS married to Mr. Adam Heller and I DID have dinner with the two of them at the home of Mr. Sal Viviano and his ever-lovin' Liz Larsen (currently playing Miss Adelaide to Mr. Jason Graae's Nathan) and I DID record Mr. Heller who was in Merrily We Roll Along at the York.

I stand corrected and clarified.
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2006, 09:48:42 AM »

It's hot and muggy.  I have errands to run today, nothing too exciting.

Right now Rodzinski is attempting to watch Battlefield Earth.

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2006, 09:50:47 AM »

More TOD:  One of my favorite parts of Google is their

Archive of Holiday Logos
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2006, 10:03:17 AM »

MattH, please go over to the Home Theater Forum and put those incredibly ignorant idiots out of their incredibly ignorant misery, will you?  You should see these people going on about Flower Drum Song.  As you all know, I gave the scoop, the FIRST scoop that it was coming to DVD as a Special Edition.  It was finally confirmed by some website, but with incorrect specs and no mention of extras.  That, of course, becomes gospel and everyone starts bitching and moaning about 2.0 sound and no extras (loudest of all, the complete fool, Joecaps - Joe Caporiccio).  All they have to do is google my original announcement here and elsewhere - there's a commentary track, interviews (presumbly within documentaries), and more.  The sound is 5.1 not 2.0 (of course, then they complain that there's no 4.0 track - these studios cannot win).  They believe whatever any website posts, even though the websites usually get erroneous information and these complainers are proved wrong time and time again - and they NEVER EVER apologize for it.  And that's what I HATE HATE HATE (that is three HATES) about the Internet - these complete dweebs who think they have a clew about all this stuff because they own a DVD player.  They're critics, they're pundits, they know it all!  Only, they don't, Blanche, they don't.  

End of rant.

I'm going to have to jog later this afternoon on account of I just had a visitor pick up a Deceit DVD and I have to go to my haircut shortly.  So, it will be a late afternoon jog, which I really don't enjoy as much.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2006, 10:09:35 AM »

I stand corrected and clarified.

Thus, you are drawn and ready for the lobsters!

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2006, 10:17:53 AM »

DR Jose, I will check out the John P's Beatles album, also.

I am usually not that fond of jazz singers...particularly current jazz singers, but this guy seems to do a nice, low key job of it and makes it more about the song then about him...which I like.

Did that make sense?

Oh, and the Samba album he did was with George Shearing, who is one of my favorite band leaders of the 50s!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 10:18:33 AM by MBarnum »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2006, 10:18:43 AM »

TOD:  I've found some old acquaintances by Googling.

I've had some ugly internet experiences at rec.music.movies....I encountered a couple of horrid, subhuman entities there....their names I dare not mention lest they sully this here forum.

[Shudder]

On the more pleasant side, though, my posting at rec.music.movies led me here....yes, it did.  I was being viciously attacked by one of those subhuman entities for daring to have "views" on the Oscar show one year...and was accused -- in a long line of negative accusations -- of being a homophobe because I dared suggest surprise at learning someone I'd presumed was gay actually had a wife and children.  Go figure.

At any rate, BK, himself, entered the fray and suggested I bring my observations here to his (then-rather-new) forum.  I did, and here I sit.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 10:20:00 AM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2006, 10:19:07 AM »

JRand55, a nice package is on it's way to you as I type this.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2006, 10:20:50 AM »

JRand55, a nice package is on it's way to you as I type this.

JRand...take this literally...I don't think MBarnum is enroute as he types.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2006, 10:24:33 AM »

DR MBarnum - Yes, that made sense.

John Pizzarelli is very much "old school".  You actually hear the melodies of the songs when he's singing.

*And I really do highly recommend and of the three albums by his wife, Jessica Molaskey.  Worth checking out the sounds clips of her.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2006, 10:24:34 AM »

Hmmm...  Better make sure you serve these right side up on the plate.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2006, 10:38:18 AM »

I shall now be on my way to get my haircut.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2006, 10:40:30 AM »

I've had some ugly internet experiences at rec.music.movies....I encountered a couple of horrid, subhuman entities there....their names I dare not mention lest they sully this here forum.

[Shudder]

DR Ron, we both experienced the same on rec.arts.theatre.musicals with a detestable bastard who I also will not name.  That was my worst dealing on the 'net--I have to confess that I often stooped to the detestable bastard's level and became someone I did not like being.  I walked away from that newsgroup last fall and haven't even lurked since.

On the bright side, googling the name of the detestable bastard led me to this site, where a number of other people were commenting how much of a detestable bastard the detestable bastard was.  I instantly knew I had found a group of brilliant people.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2006, 10:41:22 AM »

Hello all!  Just got done in the work out room, good times!  Today, I'm going to attempt to make a chocolate tart with an amartetti cookie crust dotted with fresh raspberry's to take to the theatre this eve.  I'm nervous about the crust.    I'm off to the shower and then to attempt the tart. Looking forward to bonding with the accordion again this evening.  

If anyone has any interesting "facts" or "anecdotes" or whatever about Miss Saigon, I'd love to hear them.  I'm trying to come up with "A Miss Saigon Fact of the Day" when we begin rehearsals on July 31.  Anything would be awesome.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2006, 10:45:57 AM »

I've been incredibly busy with a huge project here at the office the past few days.  So busy, in fact, that I've been working on it at home at night, so I haven't been able to do much more than lurk at this here website.  In any case...

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  VIBES OF ALL KIND TO ALL THAT NEED THEM  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2006, 11:12:26 AM »

If a motorist who is covered by Geico insurance should ever run into me again...then please shoot me.

That is all.

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2006, 11:15:58 AM »

but seriously folks...I am going to start an "I Hate Geico" website...they are the most unprofessional group of people I have ever, ever dealt with in my life...I get better customer service at the local 7-11...would you believe that the guy who is supposed to write me the settlement check cannot, because his checks were stolen out of his car! And nobody else in Geico's Salem office can write such a check! I would have to drive to North East Portland to get someone else to write me a check!

On top of the fact that I can never get the claims udjuster to ever return my calls...and and other general incompetence...I am at my wits end...it also is making me a very grumpy boy, which is something I am not, normally.

Oy.

Now, that is all!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 11:18:00 AM by MBarnum »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2006, 11:26:07 AM »

Hmmm...

DR MBarnum - It sounds to me like you need to place a call to GEICO's main number - 1-800-841-3000 - and speak to a supervisor.  I've been with GEICO since I started driving, and I've never had anywhere near as bad experience dealing with them as you have had.  It really does seem most unseemly to me.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2006, 11:26:54 AM »

Hehe..  I just realized that "GEICO" could be the "G"-Word for DR MBarnum.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2006, 11:27:38 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well.. It's time for me to head out for a bit...  I'll be back...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2006, 11:29:49 AM »

but seriously folks...I am going to start an "I Hate Geico" website...they are the most unprofessional group of people I have ever, ever dealt with in my life...I get better customer service at the local 7-11...would you believe that the guy who is supposed to write me the settlement check cannot, because his checks were stolen out of his car! And nobody else in Geico's Salem office can write such a check! I would have to drive to North East Portland to get someone else to write me a check!

On top of the fact that I can never get the claims udjuster to ever return my calls...and and other general incompetence...I am at my wits end...it also is making me a very grumpy boy, which is something I am not, normally.

Oy.

Now, that is all!

I think you have sufficient grounds for reporting this to a state official.  GEICO must adhere to certain rules/guidelines to conduct business in California, so it stands to reason (??) that would also be true in your state.  Start with the Better Business Bureau in your city and find out what they recommend you do.

Those bastards shouldn't be allowed to get away with their incompetence.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2006, 11:31:13 AM »

Good golly gee!

Gosha'mighty!

GreatCaesar'sGhost!

G'arn!

Gollum

MBarnum

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2006, 12:19:41 PM »

Hmmm...

DR MBarnum - It sounds to me like you need to place a call to GEICO's main number - 1-800-841-3000 - and speak to a supervisor.  I've been with GEICO since I started driving, and I've never had anywhere near as bad experience dealing with them as you have had.  It really does seem most unseemly to me.

And they might be perfectly wonderful if you are one of their customers...but since I have a claim against them...maybe they aren't so nice.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2006, 12:34:35 PM »

MBarnum: concur on Geico. And I WAS one of their customers. Very unprofessional all around was my experience. Maybe it varies from one office to another. Mine was on the East Coast.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2006, 12:50:09 PM »

And I, for one, find that little lizard a bit smarmy in the Geico commercials.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up