Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GOODBYE JULY/HELLO AUGUST  (Read 26923 times)

Ginny

Re:GOODBYE JULY/HELLO AUGUST
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2006, 07:41:28 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Came into work 30 minutes early to get ready for a group that's now 20 minutes late.

TOD - not a big fan of amusement park rides, but our family did have a great time at Disneyland 10 years ago and our fav was "Star Tours," which we rode twice.  When I was growing up in Detroit, the best part of a trip to Bob-Lo for me was the boat ride there and back.

As for arcade games, we have an old pinball machine in our basement that we inherited from the previous residents.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2006, 07:43:09 AM »

DR Elmore - Sorry to hear this morning's report on your dad - thoughts and prayers  :-*
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2006, 08:03:27 AM »

Vibes to Elmore's Dad and Vixmom's Mom and Dakota's Dad

Larry sorry to hear the news isn't good

Cillaliz

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 08:04:32 AM »

In my rush over the past few days, I failed to mention how nice it was to meet DR Adriana Patti  and her mother and DR Maria and her daughter who were all at the cabaret.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2006, 08:07:31 AM »

I am really tired this morning, but am here at work. The cats were extremely glad to see me last night.  Callie has a new purr.  It's like she's purring and singing at the same time.  It was really incredible to hear it.  She's been acting like she was mad at me, I knew it was an act, lol

Boo has been in her room and is going stir crazy. She was also purring, playing etc. I let her out and Callie chased her up the stairs and under the bed.  But there was no fight. Tonight we're going to try again. Maybe days of being home together but not being able to be together helped the situation a little

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2006, 08:08:18 AM »

I've been so selfish about vibes for my dad!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~VIBES FOR DRs VIXMOM AND DAKOTACELT!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2006, 08:10:46 AM »

Good Morning!

DR elmore - ~~~~~~~~~~Continued Vibes To Your Family~~~~~~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2006, 08:10:55 AM »

DR Laura - I wish I could have gone to LA next weekend instead of last weekend as well, but I already had plans for Corn Days in my hometown and one really can't mess with Corn Days ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2006, 08:11:17 AM »

I better get back to work. Laters

Ben

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2006, 08:11:26 AM »

No you haven't dear friend!!! You're in a time of crisis.

Double what DR Laura says

(((((Elmore)))))

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2006, 08:17:34 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I go through phases will rollercoasters.  I will go a few years without riding any of them, and then a summer will come along where I find myself going to an amusement almost every weekend and riding to my heart's content - well, more like to my stomach's comfort.  ;)

The Hypersonic XLT (?) at Kings Dominion in Virginia is a great ride.  It's one of those deals where you go up a few hundred feet in a matter of seconds, and then come right back down in even less time.  However, The Volcano is my favorite ride at KD.  It's one of those suspended coasters.  Very cool.

And even though it has been plagued with problems in recent years, I do like Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyworld.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2006, 08:21:47 AM »

As for arcade games...  Strangely enough, I've never been able to master any of those joystick and button types.   For some reason, my hand-eye coordination only applies to music and not to video games.  But I always had fun attempting to play Space Invaders, Galaga, Asteroids, QBert, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Centipede, Dig-Doug, etc., etc., etc...

However, the thrill of watching those tickets come out of the Skee-Ball machine each time you score.... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2006, 08:35:20 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I had every intention of going to bed at twelve-thirty, then ended up doing stuff until two.  Thus, I'm tiiiired.

Most excellent vibes and xylophones to elmore and DakotaCelt and ALL who need them.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2006, 09:06:34 AM »

Really love the rides at all of the various Disney parks. Space Mountain and Splash Mountain are loads of fun, the things like PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN and THE HAUNTED MANSION are also so creative and beautifully done. Amazing imagination on every square inch of the place.

And, of course, my favorite thrill ride at Disney-MGM is Tower of Terror.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2006, 09:06:56 AM »

Best wishes, Larry!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006, 09:09:52 AM »

I finished the CSI: MIAMI episode from the Season 2 DVD. My goodness, an airplane community with folks popping into and out of each other's beds. A surprise murderer.

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2006, 09:10:57 AM »

The LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT had just been rerun a few weeks ago (with Brad Renfro as guest star), so I didn't rewatch it. I remembered it vividly.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2006, 09:12:13 AM »

The Fox Movie Channel was running DESIREE this morning, so I watched that all the way through. Not a gripping movie by any means, but the color looked nice, and it was VERY wide.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2006, 09:12:57 AM »

I'll check out ENTOURAGE and RENO 911! when I return from lunch.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2006, 09:14:01 AM »

Watched three movies on DVD yesterday:

"Starship Troopers" -- in DTS Stereo.

"Lured" -- a curious little mystery directed by Hunt Stromberg starring Lucille Ball and George Sanders.  Boris Karloff gets top-billed, too, but he plays a mad fashion designer with homicidal tendencies.  A rather short interval, his segment, in the grand scheme of the movie.  It's interesting, worth seeing, but no lost classic.

"Windrunner" -- a genuinely wonderful story of a boy (Jason Wiles, in his teens) whose life gets disrupted time after time as his mother moves the family from state to state following the father, who gets moved from prison to prison.  The final stop before the father's release is Kanab, Utah, where the boy tries to fit into a school and its athletic program but is thwarted by the influence on the town/school of the prison's warden.  He meets, however, the ghost of Jim Thorpe -- and it's Thorpe who trains the boy to become a man.  Russell Means as Thorpe and Wiles as the boy turn in terrific performances.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2006, 09:22:46 AM »

From Cillaliz:
I voluntarily got bumped in Denver (it was too hot to have the plane take off with a full load) and got a free round trip ticket on United.  

Was that your personal opinion or their official one?  I have never heard of such a thing, nor has Keith who practically lived at airports & on planes during his business career.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2006, 09:25:56 AM »

Dakota-glad you could spend time with your father.  Good vibes to you & your family.

elmore...good doctor vibes today, & continued ones for your father.

Vixmom-is your mother improving?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2006, 09:34:32 AM »

It's quite overcast, which is nice for a change.  And cool - which is even nicer.  I shall go out for a jog shortly.

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2006, 09:41:01 AM »

Finally, I have been able to book flights to and from New York for DH Richard and myself for October 2 and 8.  We are trying something new, flying out of Dayton (instead of Cincinnati, which last week was identified as one of the most expensive US airports  ::)).  The bad news is that only small jets are involved; the good news is that, because there are only 2 seats/row, Richard gets his desired aisle seat and I get a window.

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2006, 09:42:02 AM »

BTW, one of my coworkers told me this morning that he'd had trouble yesterday with Delta's site.  Must have been a bad day for airline websites.

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2006, 10:01:41 AM »

Another coworker brought me (from the American Library Association conference, I presume) an uncorrected proof of a very cool book, Forgotten New York:  The Ultimate Urban Explorer's Guide to All Five Boroughs, by Kevin Walsh.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2006, 10:06:26 AM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ VIBES AND HUGS FOR DR ELMORE  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2006, 10:08:20 AM »

I miss Jungle Hunt. ;)

GIVE IT A HUG!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2006, 10:19:54 AM »

However, the thrill of watching those tickets come out of the Skee-Ball machine each time you score.... :)

And that sure mesmerizes the Grandlads at the Arcade in the Dover DE mall where we often go for movies. (I remember spending a fortune in pennies playing Skee-Ball when I worked a summer job on the Boardwalk in Ocean City NJ.)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ben

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2006, 10:34:16 AM »

Finally, I have been able to book flights to and from New York for DH Richard and myself for October 2 and 8.  We are trying something new, flying out of Dayton (instead of Cincinnati, which last week was identified as one of the most expensive US airports  ::)).  The bad news is that only small jets are involved; the good news is that, because there are only 2 seats/row, Richard gets his desired aisle seat and I get a window.

When I went to the FC Cleveland office in November of 2003 I flew into and out of Dayton. Flights to Cleveland at that time were outrageously expensive so I flew to Dayton and hired a car service for the trip to Cleveland. Even with the car service it was still cheaper than flying into Cleveland. I flew AirTran.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up