Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'M GAME  (Read 20417 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I'M GAME
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2003, 10:30:02 PM »

Man, I haven't had hair like that since... well, I never had hair like that.  

I think we are finally going to achieve our new low.  I guess one has to aspire to something and I think we can thank all the errant and truant of this weekend (I will not name names) for helping to set another record.  Hoo and boo.  But for those who were here, hoo and ray for such excellent postings.

Tonight will most likely be the last night the notes are going up at midnight.  I'm afraid that during the week they'll be going up before I leave for work, as they used to - and that's when the new topic of discussion will go up too.

Tomovoz

« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2003, 10:34:12 PM »

That might mean all us Washingtonians get to bed earlier too! We will cope BK.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2003, 10:35:44 PM »

Happy birthday TOM OV OZ. If my scotland plans for next year don't work, I may end up down under:)

Ah, if I could count the number of times that has happened to me.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2003, 10:36:23 PM »

It won't mean any such thing, Tom!  We'll just have our frenzies towards the end of the posts rather than the beginning!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2003, 10:42:42 PM »

Oh Good! I didn't want to sleep alone. We will just have to look for something other than a new BK topic to stimulate us - and no! I still won't serenade you.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2003, 10:45:47 PM »

It won't mean any such thing, Tom!  We'll just have our frenzies towards the end of the posts rather than the beginning!

Frenzies?  Has Tomovoz been singing to you again?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2003, 10:49:47 PM »

Jed:  I assume you don't have HBO either.
“One thing’s universal,

Jed

« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2003, 10:52:24 PM »

You'd think I'd have learned by now to refrain from drinking any beverage while reading HHW.  Or maybe I just need to get a Tom-and-Tom-induced-spit-take screen for my monitor.

Jed

« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2003, 10:53:47 PM »

Jed:  I assume you don't have HBO either.

You assume correctly.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2003, 10:53:48 PM »

"Survivor" has ended here on the West Coast.

I was very pleased with the end result!

Am delighted it's over!  Hope I never see Jon or Burton or Lill again (Lill doesn't clean up very well, does she?  And does she wear that uniform EVERYwhere she goes???)  Hope I never have to hear Darrah's voice again.

Today was full of things to do.  It's always traumatic planning to go away and getting things arranged.  I've had the weight of the world removed from my shoulders today, having done all I think I can do save a few small things that I will accomplish over the next couple of days.  It's amazing that no matter how early I started, I still allowed myself to get tense and keyed up.  Today, the tension lifted and I've been on a sort of high all afternoon and evening. Am looking forward to a really good night's sleep!

I understand "Wicked" is being shipped by Amazon.com.  They started shipping Friday, according to my source.  Anyone who preordered may be getting their copies as early as Monday.

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2003, 11:02:17 PM »

I hope you can't catch HBO through the internet. I have thought of a few possibilities but don't know what it stands for!
James Thurber 1957

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2003, 11:12:27 PM »

I am in the library studying.  Scratch that.  I am in the library attempting to study.  
Has anyone ever read the OZ books?  I mean, the whole set?  I have...and I remember a little thing that Frank invented called a knowledge pill.  One would take these pills and instantly have whatever knowledge they needed.  There was a math pill, a history pill, etc.  Does anyone have an archaeology or art history knowledge pill lying around?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2003, 11:20:48 PM »

Hello fellow dear readers. Busy day today. In our church worship service, a comedy skit written by none other than DR Sandra. Mixed reviews. The old folks don't like anything new; everyone else loved it. Then a board meeting that went on for hours and hours.

Kerry, sorry to hear about your bee sting. Hope it's feeling better.

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2003, 11:21:57 PM »

I'll dig around in my rococo patch and see if I can find one here in OZ Ann. I suspect all those pills are with my marbels and I have lost them lately. Hope that makes sense. Over here we usually say that there are kangaroos loose in the paddock when we "have lost it".
James Thurber 1957

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2003, 11:22:09 PM »

My mom taped Angels in America: Perestroika.  I'm watching it tomorrow.

I finished studying but I can't get to sleep.  

I'm wearing a blue top with a weird indescribable print and blue slacks.  And I'm still wearing my snow boots.

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2003, 11:23:23 PM »

A bored meeting then DR Laura! In case you missed earlier - thank you for your greeting at that  ungodly hour.
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2003, 11:26:09 PM »

Am I the only one who now desperately wants a description of the indescribable print on Maya's shirt?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2003, 11:27:46 PM »

Hope you had a good birthday and lots of cake, Tom!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2003, 11:31:46 PM »

Am I the only one who now desperately wants a description of the indescribable print on Maya's shirt?
LOL!!!
I'm wearing gray sweatpants with "PUGET SOUND" on the thigh in sparkly white print, light blue hooded shirt, white footie socks...shoes are kicked off under the computer desk.  

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2003, 11:36:00 PM »

Every once in a while I'm really proud to be in this business. Seeing ANGELS IN AMERICA was one of those rare occasions. I thought it was superb - made me laugh, made me cry, made me think. I never saw it on stage, but why compare? This is one thing, that's another. Bravo.

Jed

« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2003, 11:36:10 PM »

Plain white t-shirt, grey summer theater sweatshirt, dark blue boxers with some light blue and white accents, and white socks.

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2003, 11:38:50 PM »

hahaha...it's weird....like it has blue and white swirley things that vaguely resemble fleur de lis..and it has "fleur" spelled out in random places.

I'm not wearing any purple tights right now!  ;)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2003, 11:39:49 PM »

BTW, Tomovoz, in case you missed my 3 a.m. birthday greetings, I'll repeat them now. Happy Birthday! (Your new name sounds very Russian. Of course, in Russian, the accent has to be on the second syllable. TomOVoz.)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 11:40:32 PM by Panni »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2003, 11:51:23 PM »

I found the picture of Jose in the Washington Post's Arts section.  He looks quite serious, even though it is clearly a pic of a rehearsal.  He is shown in the pit, looking up at two actors onstage with swords drawn and crossed.  Too bad they didn't get around to interviewing him, as well as his conductor.  Another case of journalists dropping the ball, or baton in this case.  (Said conductor, George Fulginiti-Shakar, has his pic included as well, but comes off looking like someone from a mad scientist movie.)

Oh, drab olive sweatpants and a bright red t-shirt with the Bounce logo, from the Kennedy Center production.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 11:52:44 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2003, 11:54:34 PM »

Oh, I'd love to see that pic of Jose!

I do believe he's the only other East Coaster who keeps hours as late as I do!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2003, 12:01:49 AM »

I finished studying but I can't get to sleep.

I should be so lucky!  I've just about given up on the studying at this point...but that doesn't mean I'm as "done" as I should be

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2003, 12:15:18 AM »

Well, I'm back home and most of the cookies turned out just fine.  The chocolate chip cookies with and without the walnuts were fine.  I also made some with melted chocolate and white peanut M&M's but I added a little bit of water because the cookie dough seemed a bit too thick.  When they baked, they spread too much and I ended up with very flat cookies that each had two or three bumps where the peanut M&M's were.  The real problem is that they broke too easily.  They tasted fine, but I don't think that they can hold up to being part of a platter of cookies for a fund raiser.  Oh well...something for me and my sister and niece.  We liked them.  :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2003, 12:17:09 AM »

Just so that today isn't tied for fifth lowest day, I'll say goodnight to all:  Goodnight All!  This should make Post #147!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2003, 12:20:08 AM »

Oh, I'd love to see that pic of Jose!

I do believe he's the only other East Coaster who keeps hours as late as I do!
Hey, I'm East Coast now!  Der Brucer and I moved, remember?

There's got to be a newspaper vendor that sells out-of-town papers.  Or you might try the library.  The problem is, like I believe Jose pointed out, the pic of him isn't in the on-line edition.  
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2003, 12:21:15 AM »

Good evening/morning!

DR Maya - The pic is in today's/yesterday's Washington Post - front page of the Arts section.

DR SWW - The pic was actually taken during the fight call before the show.  And the serious look on my face is due to the fact that I'm hoping that the swords and spears don't come anywhere near my face.  :o  As for not being interviewed... No biggie.  I also wasn't in the mood to be interviewed, and I think Mr. Pressley picked up on that.  I also do a lot of prep work before the show, and my position in the pit was not convenient to where Mr. P. was sitting.

*Hey, and now that we're on the same coast, we should definitely plan a get together!  I'll even cook!  :D

As for the National Building Museum... Great space.  And some very fun and educational exhibits.  Whenever I work at Ford's, it's just a three block away from the theatre.  *I didn't realize that "Christmas In Washington" is now on TNT - it used to be carried on one of the big three - NBC, I think.

DR Panni - *And I know this should probably go over on the technical board, but...  The key to using the "buttons" is to make sure the text you want to modify is between the sets of brackets.  Remember how we used <></> on the old board to italicize, bold, underline, etc.?  Just apply the same thing here with the [] [/].

I usually hit the button first and then type the text in the middle, between the ] and the [.  For example, I'll hit the Italics button: *I'll use the <> instead of the [] for the examples.

appears

Then type the word I want to italicize between the ] and the [:

word

and Voila!

And as I mentioned before, if you use the highlight method, make sure the word you highlighted is still highlighted when you hit the button.  The [] [/] should then appear "around" the word(s) you highlighted.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up