Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEET SMELL OF CABARET  (Read 19501 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:SWEET SMELL OF CABARET
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2006, 11:19:22 AM »

Well, I must be off.  I have to take a shower and then travel the 80 miles or so to Issaquah to see the last two shows in the Village Theatre's Festival of New Musicals.  Have a good day, everyone! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2006, 11:19:59 AM »

Of course, I will get dressed after taking a shower and before I leave my house. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2006, 11:23:12 AM »

[move=UP,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
PAGE
[/color][/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]THREE[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]INTERPRETIVE[/move]
[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]DANCE[/move][/size]

George

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2006, 11:23:33 AM »

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2006, 12:41:37 PM »

Oh, okay, no posts in an hour.  I'm on my way to lunch and then a little post-cabaret get-together.  There will be hell toupee if this trend continues.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2006, 01:01:35 PM »

Davy Crockett hat, as well....AND a powder blue leisure suit with blue silk flowered nik nik shirt.

Oh that was YESTERDAY's topic.

You can imagine my embarrassment.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2006, 01:02:01 PM »

Great news about the CABARET SERIES.....

AND hurray!  We will now have Bachelor Bills on CD!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2006, 01:02:45 PM »

Very warm here.

I found some actual SEA SALT at the Dollar Tree, so we can use that at the World of Wisdom.....instead of paying over $3 a pound plus shipping for the STUFF!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2006, 01:04:34 PM »

Well...today is our monthly board meeting, and I really think we are going to have to face the fact that NO local black actors are going to audition for TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD and that some of the community is hostile to its production.  Astonishing!!

Which means we can bring some actors in and have to PAY them.....grrrrrr not a good thing.....or cancel and let the #*$&&* win!  I am just not sure at this moment what will be done.

Depressing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2006, 01:36:51 PM »

I'm back from my six hour stint at the hospital.  When I got there, my dad was sitting up and I learned that he had decided to sit up most of the day.  He is walking rather steadily now, and he came though his morning bit of physical therapy with flying colors.  There's a rumor, to be confirmed in the morning, that he will be released tomorrow.

Now, if we can get Lady M in line!  My dad was in a talkative mood today, and he and I had about 90 minutes of private time to talk about cabbages and kings, his plans, and his hopes.  His humor is coming back, and they began a new round of Zoloft this afternoon to fight his depression.  "I need that!" he said when the nurse told him what it was for.

I did ask him to tell me his account of events that involve Lady M's claims that she had to strap him into a a chair after he fell after throwing up on her.  She conveniently had a set of bungee cords lying around the breakfast table.  He concedes to the nausea but insists he neither fell nor was strapped into anything.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2006, 01:37:33 PM »

Greeting from Issaquah.  Had a lovely time, and did my first two talkbacks ever, which I think went OK (or at least the director assured me that I didn't say anything TOO stupid).

Can't make headway on the trivia contest on the library computer, so I'll have something to do Monday when I'm back in NY. :)

Thanks again, Penny and George.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2006, 01:49:48 PM »

MattH window cleaning in Charlotte:

der Brucer

And do you notice how I point my toes when I clean. GOod dance training!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2006, 01:52:10 PM »

Well...today is our monthly board meeting, and I really think we are going to have to face the fact that NO local black actors are going to audition for TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD and that some of the community is hostile to its production.  Astonishing!!

Which means we can bring some actors in and have to PAY them.....grrrrrr not a good thing.....or cancel and let the #*$&&* win!  I am just not sure at this moment what will be done.

Depressing.

Had the same problem when THE WIZ was done here, so the director simply cast the best available talent regardless of the race.

Can't do that with MOCKINGBIRD, of course, but occasionally that's the alternative.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2006, 01:53:22 PM »

Had a delightful afternoon of video viewing. I began with Thursday night's rerun of THE OFFICE. It was the Valentine's Day episode, one of my all-time favorites. Enjoyed so much seeing it again.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2006, 01:56:13 PM »

Then came WHIRLPOOL. What an ingenious movie! It fell apart just a bit at the end, but for the first 2/3, it was very skillfully put together plot-wise, and all of the performances were just fine. Nice to see Jose Ferrer playing bad before he won his Oscar and became a leading man.

And I assume this was the print used for the DVD transfer because it looked superb.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2006, 01:58:22 PM »

Finished the afternooon rewatching CONSPIRACY, the Kenneth Branagh-Stanley Tucci starring vehicle about the 1942 meeting that led the Final Solution. Riveting from first minute to last. SUperb performances by all concerned. Colin Firth is particularly memorable, and Branagh won a much deserved Emmy for a commandingly restrained performance.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2006, 01:59:10 PM »

I'll probably put in THE DETECTIVE when I return to viewing tonight prior to prime time TV.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2006, 01:59:45 PM »

All alone, I'm so all alone . . . .

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2006, 02:27:12 PM »

A lengthy phone call prevented me from reading in my book earlier today, so I'll do so now. Then, off to clean my bathroom and then on to tonight's slate of TV programs.

WBBL.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2006, 02:50:05 PM »

nice pictures last night George... You all look great and Penny looks timeless...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2006, 02:50:29 PM »

Cilla, you sound like you are having a lovely time...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2006, 02:53:07 PM »

Cilla, I also want the recipe for your mum's pie...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2006, 02:55:30 PM »

Nice form there on the rope MattH  ;-)

Tomovoz

« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2006, 03:50:24 PM »

Request time:

I would appreciate a copy of the "Jose Walking/Eating" tour.  I think maybe DR Dinny or DR CillaLiz had a copy.

My very good friend Lisa will be in New York (at the same time as DP Colin and myself) but will not be "free" at the weekend.  This will be Lisa's third stay in NYC so the usual "tourist musts" have been covered.

We are hoping to meet with Lisa when we are there.

An IM would be appreciated - and email then provided.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2006, 04:59:31 PM »

Request time:

I would appreciate a copy of the "Jose Walking/Eating" tour.  I think maybe DR Dinny or DR CillaLiz had a copy.

Yes, DR Tomovoz, I have a copy of the itinerary and of the map.  Watch for a message.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2006, 05:17:54 PM »

This is why slow news days have a bad name.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2006, 05:21:17 PM »

Slow News Day = SaD Newsy low.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2006, 05:22:37 PM »

Request time:

My very good friend Lisa will be in New York (at the same time as DP Colin and myself) but will not be "free" at the weekend.  This will be Lisa's third stay in NYC so the usual "tourist musts" have been covered.

We are hoping to meet with Lisa when we are there.

An IM would be appreciated - and email then provided.

That's Lisa with an "S",
Not Liza with a "Z";
Cause Liza with a Z goes snauzzzzz.
[/i]

« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:04:36 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2006, 05:41:56 PM »

Yes, DR Tomovoz, I have a copy of the itinerary and of the map.  Watch for a message.

Thank you DR Ginny
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2006, 06:05:48 PM »

Everybody push.....................
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up