Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FIXING THE BRAIN  (Read 18238 times)

Ginny

Re:FIXING THE BRAIN
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2006, 05:58:50 PM »

DR Ginny, do you want to get that info for DROWSY CHAPERONE to me so I can take care of your request?

DR Elmore - check your email!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2006, 05:59:44 PM »

The event tonight was fine.. the best part of it was the wonderful appetizers. My favorite was individual asparagus spears partially wrapped in puffed pastry. They tasted really buttery.

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2006, 06:00:20 PM »

Page 5 - Do Yin and Yang have a dance routine for us?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2006, 06:00:41 PM »

That's what the Una-bomber used to say!
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2006, 06:08:52 PM »

That's what the Una-bomber used to say!
[/i]

Yeah, he went to The University of Michigan, too! (I was so embarrassed when that was revealed)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2006, 06:12:54 PM »

Yin and Yang had a dance routine called One From Column A  and One From Column B.  And Yang incorporated that amazing leg thing he used to do.  How did he do that???!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2006, 06:19:56 PM »

Welcome jhvw!! [/size] I’m sorry I wasn’t here to welcome you sooner.  I look forward to meeting you in October along with Ginny’s DH Richard.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2006, 06:31:08 PM »

Yeah, he went to The University of Michigan, too! (I was so embarrassed when that was revealed)

That's okay, Ted Bundy went to my high school.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2006, 06:45:48 PM »

I can't believe it, I actually have an office day tomorrow and possibly Thurs and Fri.....That means for the first time in weeks I won't be in the court room  or getting ready to immediately go to the courtroomand can catch up on all the stuff that has moved farther down the priority list.  I love it when I have days like that.

jhvw

« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2006, 06:50:18 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Jane. New York should be a blast.
Cilla, I didn't know you spent so much time in the courtroom. While you're happy to be back at the office I'm wishing I could get out of it. The life of a computer graphics operator at a tv station becomes tiresome. I need to get out and actually do something while on the clock.

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2006, 06:53:21 PM »

DH Richard and I are now the proud owners of 2 tickets for the October 3 preview performance of A Chorus Line.  It's one of our favorite shows.

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2006, 06:54:50 PM »

Hi, DR jhvw!  Are you a computer guy?  Our son, who's just a couple years younger than you, is a computer science major at The University of Cincinnati.

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2006, 06:55:31 PM »

DR Jane - we haven't seen you around here for a while.  Everything OK?

jhvw

« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2006, 06:58:57 PM »

Yes I am one of those computer guys. I'm studying computer forensics at the moment, but not sure if it's the right career path for me. Until I graduate I'm just sticking with this job. Not too much fun anymore but it pays the bills. After spending 6 years working in front of one I'm starting to wonder if I want to do something different...what I don't know

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2006, 07:15:41 PM »

I have finished my stuff on The Brain.  David has his two things, not more than five pages, and then we'll have our rehearsal script - I'm sure there will be more changes to come, but it's quite a bit more focused and better than it was at our reading.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2006, 07:29:50 PM »

Ginny- Thanks for asking, all is very well. We spent the weekend in Portland with Bryan & had a great time.  

Ginny

« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2006, 07:31:14 PM »

Ginny- Thanks for asking, all is very well. We spent the weekend in Portland with Bryan & had a great time.  

I was hoping it was something fun like that!

Jane

« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2006, 07:32:01 PM »

MusicGuy-I’m glad you enjoy my avatar.  It was taken at the Santa Monica Pier when Keith and I were 17.  

Jane

« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2006, 07:34:10 PM »

We found a great novelty pet store in Portland & purchased loads of puppy toys.

Keith made ice cream tonight & I have a mess to clean up-sorry I can’t stay and chat more.

‘night.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2006, 07:35:47 PM »

The info has been forwarded to The Star!

I'm back from a reading. with the cast for the Festival, of THE TRAGIC & HORRIBLE LIFE OF THE SINGING NUN.  I think the cast will be a hoot and I love the show.  I've now heard all the songs that are not on the demo, and some of them are quite wonderful.  There is one song to be written for Sister Helen Lawson in Act Two, but everything else seems to be in good shape.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2006, 07:35:47 PM »

Before I leave, our puppy can now see & is beginning to hear.  I can't wait to know which one will be ours.

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2006, 07:48:11 PM »

The info has been forwarded to The Star!

So, now, DH Richard and I are booked for A Chorus Line on Tuesday, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie on Wednesday, and The Drowsy Chaperone on Thursday.  I can't wait!

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2006, 08:07:25 PM »

So, now, DH Richard and I are booked for A Chorus Line on Tuesday, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie on Wednesday, and The Drowsy Chaperone on Thursday.  I can't wait!

WOW! That sounds great. I want to see one or two more shows. I'd really love to see Cynthia Nixon in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie....we'll have to talk about it

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2006, 08:08:11 PM »

DR Jane, can't wait to see photos of the puppy when you know which one is yours!

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2006, 08:14:09 PM »

jhvw, on an average week, I'm in court at least three or four times. Sometimes it's a five minute hearing and sometimes it's several hours of a contested hearing.  I've had a lot of contested hearings lately and have been in court every day. That means lots of writing motions and briefs before the hearings.  When I'm doing that I have to put the things without immediate deadlines on the back burner.  I'll be glad to get back to them.

Ginny

« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2006, 08:14:48 PM »

WOW! That sounds great. I want to see one or two more shows. I'd really love to see Cynthia Nixon in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie....we'll have to talk about it

Hoping to add The Fantasticks, probably Friday or Saturday night.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2006, 08:16:25 PM »

We have had three major thunderstorms moved through here from dusk until now. Right now, the third one just knocked my power off for a few minutes. (Thank goodness for laptops with battery backup!)

I hope I won't have to mow again THIS weekend. Not fair!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2006, 08:19:24 PM »

TOnight, I watched MR. BELVEDERE GOES TO COLLEGE and burned a DVD-R of it. Nice seeing it again even if it doesn't come close to the hilarity of SITTING PRETTY.

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2006, 08:21:03 PM »

When I finished with it, CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY was showing on HBO-HD. I've watched the standard definition DVD a few times, but I took the opportunity of watching the HD version. The colors popped, but there wasn't a HUGE difference in quality from my upconverted DVD and the HD version playing on HBO tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2006, 08:22:34 PM »

RESCUE ME had a "getting back to normal" episode with the guys in the fire house. So much has been topsy-turvy with them in the past weeks, seems like things were settling down for them tonight. Of course, with only two episodes left in the season, there's bound to be major trouble ahead in the next two weeks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up