Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: DREAMING OF FOOD  (Read 32561 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:DREAMING OF FOOD
« Reply #330 on: August 17, 2006, 10:47:29 PM »

It's listed HERE on Amazon.com, but they screwed up the name of the song!  They spelled it correctly and it really is "I'm AKSing You."  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #331 on: August 17, 2006, 10:48:14 PM »

Happy Birthday DR S. Woody White!!!!!
Thank-you!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #332 on: August 17, 2006, 10:49:22 PM »

Aha!!!  See, there was a method to my madness!!!

Page Twelve Birthday Jig!  (Although the honors actually belong to George!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #333 on: August 17, 2006, 10:54:59 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY,[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]S. WOODY WHITE![/move]

Thank-you!!!

George

« Reply #334 on: August 17, 2006, 10:56:28 PM »

Aha!!!  See, there was a method to my madness!!!

Page Twelve Birthday Jig!  (Although the honors actually belong to George!)

No...I only helped!  You did the bulk of the latest postings. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #335 on: August 17, 2006, 10:57:20 PM »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #336 on: August 17, 2006, 11:05:30 PM »

Quite weary, but am happily sitting on my couch like so much fish, watching a really fun Danish movie.
A documentary about pastry???

I hope there's a pie fight!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #337 on: August 17, 2006, 11:09:13 PM »

Happy Birthday (a little late) DR SWoody!
Never late!  Thank-you!

George

« Reply #338 on: August 17, 2006, 11:10:50 PM »

My cat just crawled into a big plastic bag filled with crumpled up newspaper and promptly fell asleep!

Just had to share. ;D

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #339 on: August 17, 2006, 11:12:24 PM »

Georgie! Good luck on condo shopping!!!

DR td - wow!!! Hope ya win a million!!!

TCB - now, if I had TV, I'd be lookin' fer ya! Congrats, bucko!
PennyO

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #340 on: August 17, 2006, 11:12:29 PM »

My cat is still mad at me for leaving him for three days.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #341 on: August 17, 2006, 11:12:56 PM »

And so, good night!
PennyO

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #342 on: August 17, 2006, 11:13:05 PM »

And now I must wend my way to bed!  'Tis already past two here, and my beauty needs sleep.  Yes, Bonnie the Princess needs me to head to my bed, so she can have someone to cuddle with!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #343 on: August 17, 2006, 11:13:54 PM »

Thanks again to everyone!

George

« Reply #344 on: August 17, 2006, 11:24:01 PM »

Thanks, PennyO!!

Good night, Woody!!

George

« Reply #345 on: August 17, 2006, 11:26:45 PM »

Well, my sister, her boyfriend and I went and looked at three different condos today (that's all we did...just look).  They are all part of the same place.  There were aspects of each unit that I liked.  They all have two bedrooms, and two of them have loft bedrooms and fire places.  Also, they all have vaulted ceilings in at least one room.  One of them has one bathroom, one has one and a half bathrooms and one has two full bathrooms....

George

« Reply #346 on: August 17, 2006, 11:27:24 PM »

The unit with the one bathroom already had a washer and dryer, but we all thought that it was the most overpriced because it has the smallest square footage (855 square feet) and only one bath but it cost the same amount as the unit with the two full baths and 1,050 square feet.  Both of those have two levels.

George

« Reply #347 on: August 17, 2006, 11:28:42 PM »

The unit with only one and a half baths has 1,250 square feet and is on three levels (but again, it only has a powder room on the ground floor and a full bathroom on the second level...if you use the very top for the master bedroom, you have to go downstairs to use the bathroom).  This unit also had the smallest kitchen area and is $11,000 more than the other two units.  

George

« Reply #348 on: August 17, 2006, 11:32:09 PM »

The overall best part is that the condo "community" is literally one street across from where I work.  I LOVE that part.  I really think that if this all works out (and nothing is a done deal...I really was just looking at this point), I think that I could be happy with any of these units.  The negatives seemed to be really minor, except for one thing:  the unit with the two full baths (1,050 footage, and the nicest looking) has very noisy neighbors right next door (and they share a wall).  There are little storage units on the outside in between the front doors of the two units and from what I've been told, one of those neighbors accidentally(?) dropped a lit cigarette and that little storage unit caught on fire!  It was already being replaced, but it could be an indicator of what life could be like there.  So that's why as much as I liked the two full baths, I might put that at the bottom of my list.  We'll see what happens now.  But then, the place has rentals as well as purchasable condos, so maybe these noisy people are renters and won't stay for very long.  One can only hope. ;)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 11:45:45 PM by George »

George

« Reply #349 on: August 17, 2006, 11:33:20 PM »

Before ANY of this can move forward, I must consult with my financial advisor...my mother!  She really does have good advice in these matters (even if I don't always follow it ::)).

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #350 on: August 17, 2006, 11:35:37 PM »

The picture seems to have been deleted!

Doesn't look deleted to me - shows up fine.

George

« Reply #351 on: August 17, 2006, 11:35:38 PM »

We asked questions of the lady who showed us the units (she's a friend of my sister's boyfriend and I think newly started working as a realtor) and she wasn't able to answer much, but she was very nice and took a lot of notes and will get answers to the questions that we asked.  She also said that she'd get a copy of the CC&R.

George

« Reply #352 on: August 17, 2006, 11:39:25 PM »

Doesn't look deleted to me - shows up fine.

Something must be wrong with my computer, then.  I still see a box with a red X.  When I click on the link below it, which is supposed to open a new browser with the picture in it, I get the browser but it still only has the red X.  Here's what I see :-\ :

George

« Reply #353 on: August 17, 2006, 11:41:21 PM »

"I guess I am just not special enough."

Name this musical.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 11:43:22 PM by George »

George

« Reply #354 on: August 17, 2006, 11:43:51 PM »

Wow...we still have a half hour or so until tomorrow and only six more posts (after this one) will get us to Page 13!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #355 on: August 17, 2006, 11:46:40 PM »

I don't get the picture, either. When I click on the name of the jpeg, this is what I get:

The image “http://www.haineshisway.com/community/attachments/ACART00_Severin_Cracked104C.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

« Reply #356 on: August 17, 2006, 11:51:58 PM »

I don't get the picture, either. When I click on the name of the jpeg, this is what I get:

The image “http://www.haineshisway.com/community/attachments/ACART00_Severin_Cracked104C.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors

I didn't get any kind of error message.  I just got a new browser with a little red X (almost a "Little Red Hat" reference. ;))

George

« Reply #357 on: August 17, 2006, 11:55:15 PM »

And now for something completely different:  A couple of days ago, I left work and took this picture...just because. ;) (I hope I resized it so that it's not too big)

George

« Reply #358 on: August 17, 2006, 11:56:18 PM »

I didn't even think about taking pictures of the condos, but they do have some on-line.  I'll get the link from my sister tomorrow and maybe post them...if I remember.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 11:56:30 PM by George »

George

« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2006, 11:57:14 PM »

And finally...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up