Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: INTENTIONS GONE AWRY  (Read 19872 times)

MBarnum

Re:INTENTIONS GONE AWRY
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2006, 11:07:45 AM »

I do not know what my first film at a theater was, but more then likely it was Disney and in color. I have never had the pleasure of a roadshow.

First 3-D would have been either the re-release of HOUSE OF WAX in the 1980s or the showing on CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON on tv when they had that special 3-D showing....had to get your glasses from 7-11 or something like that.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2006, 11:11:34 AM »

Page three 3-D monsters mag dance!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2006, 11:17:01 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. Today I went to the river. Shortly we'll leave to see the tour of Wicked. I have too much to do to do either.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2006, 11:19:18 AM »

DR Cillaliz - remember that trash and tire dump under the Central Avenue Bridge south of downtown? Not any more - it is a restored wetlands now, and simply wonderful!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2006, 11:27:12 AM »

I have no idea what the first movie was that I saw in color.  It seems like the rule-of-thumb when I was growing up was black & white on television; color at the theater.  I do remember in elementary school, all of us who were patrol boys at the crosswalks (sorry that is what they called them, not me) got to go down to the Roxy Theater downtown on a Saturday to see a free showing of a movie, plus drawings for przes, etc.  I remember clearly that the movie was THE SOLID-GOLD CADILAC with Judy Holiday and Paul Douglas.  I was horrified!  The movie was in b&w, and somehow, to me; it seemed that getting to see the movie for free was less of a prize, because it was b&w.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2006, 11:33:14 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY(S) DR JRand AND DR JOSE!!!

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2006, 11:36:16 AM »

I tried to post birthday flowers, but no success. Got an error message. Well, birthday guys, it's the thought that counts. If it's fixed later, you'll get your cyber-flowers.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2006, 11:40:51 AM »

Happiest of Happy Birthdays to our Birthday Boys: Jose and Jrand!!!!

Double Cake Day!!!!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2006, 11:44:51 AM »

Happy Birthday Jose!!!!!!!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2006, 11:45:03 AM »

Happy Birthday JRand!!!!!!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2006, 11:47:21 AM »

I slept in until 1PM today- crazy! But I have been sick and I think I needed the rest.  Also, I am working tonight at the House of Latex Ball from 10PM until 4AM so it is probably good that I got so much sleep.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2006, 11:47:47 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JRAND56!!!

(You Old Goat!)
[/color]

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2006, 11:55:23 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO
[/color][/b]

JOSESPIANO!!!
[/b][/color]

Our Very Own Broadway (pit) Star.
[/b][/color]

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2006, 12:00:28 PM »

INTENTIONS GONE AWRY

Is that with mustard, and a pickle on the side?
[/color]
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2006, 12:16:24 PM »

There's a showing at 5 of THE ILLUSIONIST and I'm thinking about going; the theatre's literally one block from my apartment and I had meant to go last weekend.

So far, it's been a good day:  a brief sojourn at Toyland and then the wonderful New York Public Library Theatre Collection:  I looked at Robinson Locke scrapbooks for Bessie Wynn, one of the stars of BABES IN TOYLAND, and for Helen Falconer, who replaced Elsie Janis as Cinderella in THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER.  Robinson Locke was the editor of one of the Toledo newspapers who was a huge theatre fanatic; he left the library a great number of scrapbooks from the end of the 19th Century through the early part of the 20th Century.  

Then my favorite theatre librarian Jeremy Megraw asked me to look at a photo and verify it was from 1903 BABES IN TOYLAND and not the 1902 WIZARD OF OZ, which was what was written on its back.   It was indeed from BABES, the 12 widows in Act Three who performed "The Moon Will Help You Out" with Bo-Peep.  I have to go in on Tuesday, pull ouyt one of the scrapbooks on BABES and identify the actresses for him.

So, maybe it's time for a snack before the movie?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2006, 12:40:54 PM »

Back from travels.  I actually went to Panera, which is basically a place where people sit and play with their computers.  I got a Diet Coke and sat and proofed the formatted book - got about thirty more pages done, so that the rest won't take all day today and I can watch a few DVDs and relax.

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2006, 12:54:31 PM »

Well, that was another part of it, too!  I remembered someone had said they had tix, and I just couldn't figure how I could come on here NOT having seen the show because of a few logistics issues I had.

Sometimes, you have to move MOUNTAINS for the sake of a Broadway(-bound) show!

jhvw and I have tickets, too, the night after DR Ginny and DH Richard.  I think it's great you booked a room. Much less stress than worrying about getting home

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2006, 12:56:06 PM »

DR Cillaliz - remember that trash and tire dump under the Central Avenue Bridge south of downtown? Not any more - it is a restored wetlands now, and simply wonderful!

Wow! I do remember when it was the pits!  I worked at 132 S Central when I first started at the PDs office and drove that way fairly frequently. The transformation is amazing

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2006, 12:57:43 PM »

Back from travels.  I actually went to Panera, which is basically a place where people sit and play with their computers.  I got a Diet Coke and sat and proofed the formatted book - got about thirty more pages done, so that the rest won't take all day today and I can watch a few DVDs and relax.

Funny, I had lunch at Panera  - 1/2 Bistro Steak Salad and 1/2 a Turkey Artichoke Paninni Sandwich.  It was most yummy

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2006, 12:59:15 PM »

I talked to jhvw, he's fine he's just been really busy at work this week and said he'd stop by sometime soon.  Sounds like he got a good deal worked on rent and won't have to move home after all.  YEAH!!!! Let's hear it for independence

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2006, 01:02:22 PM »

Well, I have been looking for something all day and I know it's here somewhere.  My dad got my mom a ring for christmas, but I bought (with his $$)  it and had it insured.  I know I forgot to send them the insurance papers because I found them about a month ago. Well, of course now she's lost the ring and I've lost the papers.   Think I'll call the store and see if they keep a copy of that stuff.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2006, 01:03:55 PM »

I just made myself a sandwich I call the "Alice" after the first floor neighbor who introduced it to me:  scrambled eggs on 3-grain bread, with a bit of ranch dressing and lots of fresh watercress and alfalfa sprouts.  Yum!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2006, 01:04:56 PM »

Other than that,  My brother and sister in law are coming here tomorrow to go to a Bonnie Raitt/ Keb Mo concert with me.  So I'm doing a little more than my usual weekend cleaning.  

My chocolate craving has not gone away....since there ARE two birthdays to celebrate I think I will give in....

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2006, 01:05:19 PM »

I just made myself a sandwich I call the "Alice" after the first floor neighbor who introduced it to me:  scrambled eggs on 3-grain bread, with a bit of ranch dressing and lots of fresh watercress and alfalfa sprouts.  Yum!

That does sound good

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2006, 01:09:54 PM »

Bonnie Raitt did an interview for her upcoming performance here and said in it that she had a chance to be in Broadway as Annie in Annie Get Your Gun.  She said she didn't want to learn to act in that big a role.   I had never heard that before.

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2006, 01:11:47 PM »

Back to searching and cleaning....there are one or two more places I can look...in the meantime I am getting a lot sorted looking for it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2006, 01:13:16 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2006, 01:16:08 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday to DR JRAND!![/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday to DR JOSE!![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2006, 01:22:47 PM »

Hi All and One and One and All!

I awakened (awoke?) from a dream this morning.

I was in a receiving line at a farewell party for Leonard Bernstein. He was retiring from composing and conducting. When I got up to him, I cupped my hands around his face and said, "Thank you for all your inspiration." (oy, the English). The next thing I knew I was sitting at the feet of Mr. Bernstein who had retreated to a monastery! We seemed to be communicating telepathically. Then he opened his arms and said, "I'm just not any good!" That's when I woke up (awakened?)!

I wonder what it all means....

François de Paris

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2006, 01:26:32 PM »

I slept right up until the knocking on the door of she of the Evil Eye.  Pretty day outside.

First 3D would have been the first year of Disneyland - they showed something in their Main Street movie theater.  

Almost correct!! :o

The program(me) was called 3D JAMBOREE, Working For Peanuts was part of it (Chip & Dale and Donald) and was shown at the original Fantasyland Theater. 8) ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up