Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WINNER  (Read 24943 times)

FJL

Re:WINNER
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2006, 07:25:50 AM »

And one for Mothra.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2006, 07:26:08 AM »

Happy B'day to Ron!

I occasionally indulge in a little poker for low stakes, but the current rage Texas Hold'em, I've rarely played and don't remember how.  I always like draw poker, seven-card stud, or Tennessee Walker (also known as Mexican Sweat).

When I was in LA, my pal Pat and I went in on a weekly Lottery Ticket.  Now in Kentucky, I occasionally spring for a powerball ticket.

I'm not a big gambler though and the few times, I've been in Vegas I've only indulge in the slots.  If I lose more than twenty bucks, I quit.  Usually I've come home with some dough or at least broken even.

FJL

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2006, 07:28:38 AM »

TOD:  I love the nickel slots in Veags, especially after i won $37.50 on a nickel.
Suddenly, bells went off, and waitresses were offering me drinks.  On a nickel bet!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2006, 07:59:19 AM »

Good morning!

Couldn't be a more beautiful day here. The morning started out very cool, so I proceeded with another of those airing out the house mornings.

Supposed to get to mid-80s today, so the cool won't come back until late tonight. Still, I'll take what I can get!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2006, 08:01:12 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday to DR Ron Pulliam!!![/move]

Hope you have the happiest of birthdays!

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2006, 08:02:54 AM »

Never been much of a fan of poker. I much prefer Gin or Hearts. And not to gamble. I don't like gambling for money. I had to work too hard to earn it.

We used to play Hearts all weekend back in college. We'd order pizza delivered and just sit there for hours and hours playing. Great fun.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2006, 08:04:11 AM »

I should be able to get to PROJECT RUNWAY today (finally). I wouldn't mind seeing a noir film today, too, if I find the time.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2006, 08:05:28 AM »

The WALLACE AND GROMITT film that won the Oscar comes on HBO-HD tonight, but I'm not sure I'll watch. Never been a big fan, but it did get many good reviews, so maybe I'll start with it and see if it's to my liking.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2006, 08:21:53 AM »

I need to get the DVD player I took out last night back in the stack and do some other households odds and ends.

WBBL.

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2006, 08:45:02 AM »

Probably more than one!

IOWA Radio reports:Have you a belfry?

der brucer

No, I have an attic, and I have been up there as has my energy inspector not that long ago. neither of us saw a bat colony, well, if he did he didn't say anything.  I was thinking today that maybe it came down the chimney, so I'm planning to have it swept before this fall to make sure.  I'm also planning to have the insulation in my attic increased. I don't think I have a colony, I don't hear them in the walls like some people do. But it wasn't a lot of fun.   I had one in my old house once and never saw them again.

I do see them flying outside at night.   They eat mosquitos, so I don't mind them in the neighborhood, just not in my house.

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2006, 08:48:52 AM »

BTW, for those animal lovers, I looked outside the window I managed to throw the bat out of last night and he's not there. So I believe I was successful in not hurting him.   Maybe I will be rewarded with no more bats.....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2006, 08:50:17 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

Have to meet Miss Alice Ripley in a little while.

I do not like Texas Hold 'Em and we did not play it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 08:51:11 AM by bk »

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2006, 08:52:10 AM »

After the great bat incident, I read the chapter of Mockingbird (the bio not TKAM) about Nelle Lee going to Kansas with Truman to do all the background work that led to In Cold Blood.   The author apparently had access to both Nelle's notes and Truman's notes. She put a lot more into the research behind the novel that I had realized.   So after having a bat in the house and reading about the Clutter murder, I was able to go back to sleep like a baby, .lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2006, 08:53:17 AM »

I must go find some food. I think Bootsie is upset she missed the excitement, lol, she's been looking in corners and other places and not finding anything

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2006, 09:23:58 AM »

Good day  fellow readers...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2006, 09:24:19 AM »

Happy Birthday Ron!!!

Have a great day!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2006, 09:25:15 AM »

Cilla, you did well in handling the bat. We have them up here also.  One of the buildings on campus on them and see them flying every once in a while.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2006, 10:10:28 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR RON P!!!

Hope you're feeling much better today.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2006, 10:19:50 AM »

TOD - When I was in high school I had a summer job one year, working in the offices of the United Appeal. It was the most boring job in the world: cutting up the phone book of the entire city of Toronto and dividing it into areas for the UA volunteers to canvas. At lunch, the full-time UA ladies who worked there had a penny ante Poker game that had been going on forever. They taught me to play and for that summer I was hooked. Have rarely played since. But those Poker games saved my sanity. (Although some might argue with that.)

I also have a weakness for slot machines. The lucky one for that kind of thing, however, was my mother. She ALWAYS won something in the weekly lottery - nothing huge - but $20. or $50. - sometimes more. Put her near a slot machine and the money came pouring out. She also almost always won the doorprize anywhere she went where there was one offered. That kind of luck seems to have skipped a generation - I sure don't have it - but my DD, who was very close to my mother, does. She's also a great card player.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2006, 12:00:11 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY,[/move]

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
DR RON PULLIAM!
[/move][/color]

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2006, 12:08:49 PM »

I am now the proud owner of a butterfly net....actually, I think there is one in the garage that the previous owner left behind, so maybe there is a lot in store for me here, but, I have been reading and they say if you only have one or two a year, you probably don't have a real problem.  And they say that this is the time of year that bat pups tend to get lost and end up in people's houses. Luckily it looks like Iowa bats migrate, so after another month or so, there shouldn't be a problem again.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2006, 12:09:23 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RON PULLIAM!![/size]

HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY, FUN FILLED DAY![/size]

Jane

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2006, 12:12:31 PM »

I am now the proud owner of a butterfly net....

;D  Great idea

Sorry Cillaliz but your bat story made me laugh. :D

Jane

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2006, 12:12:46 PM »

Bruce-I’m sorry I’ll miss you in NY.

George-I’m very happy you are getting the condo you wanted.

Andriana Patti-Thank you for the photo of the Camino Theater

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2006, 12:13:36 PM »

TOD- I'm not much of a gambler, although I've had very good luck when I have gambled on football, basketball etc.  I don't watch sports anymore, so I don't get into pools or bet on it.

I love to play cards but don't very often anymore.   I love spades, hearts, 500, Pitch, etc.  I used to play poker in law school, but it was low stakes, nickel ante quarter limit.  It was more for getting together than it was for the game

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2006, 12:34:07 PM »

Happy, happy birthday RLP!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2006, 12:51:37 PM »

Card games:

Duplicate Bridge - my hands down (one) favorite!

der Brucer (Life Master and Certified Director)
He's not kidding on that one, he really is a Life Master Duplicate Bridge player.

I've never been able to figure out the game, myself.

(But I'm pretty good at Sudoku, and I've seen his *ahem* attempts.   ::))
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2006, 01:13:08 PM »

No....no belfry, DR CILLALIZ, but you do have a TOWER!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2006, 01:14:38 PM »

Question for DR VIXMOM and DR ELMORE (and anyone else who has seen it.....I think DR BEN did)....since I am thinking about directing THE FANTASTICKS....thinking about it....what makes this new version so especially nice.....anything T A N G I B L E??

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2006, 01:15:54 PM »

Busy at the store today.....slow at HHW.

MR BK...Adam is considering making the move to LA and I am sure he would appreciate being put on your short list of available musicians/recording techs/percussionists.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up