Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LABORS OF BK  (Read 31194 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE LABORS OF BK
« on: September 03, 2006, 12:10:59 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes labored to have no labor, and now it is time for you to post until the laborious cows come home.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 12:38:37 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE LABORS OF BK
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 12:12:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: CONTERMINOUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 12:13:01 AM »

And a happy haineshisway.com birthday cheer to occasional dear reader Joy, and Sigerson Holmes.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 01:50:24 AM »

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR MATT H!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 01:54:18 AM »

I'd been working on my room off and on for quite a while and I still haven't found the Netflix DVD that I lost misplaced and paid for and want to keep! >:( The movie, "Latter Days," is about a Mormon on a mission who admits that he's gay.  He accepts it, falls in love and has to deal with his family...and find a new one.  I think it's quite good.  AND since I paid for it, I want to find it.

Good night, all.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 01:55:36 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 03:29:16 AM »

Happy Birthday, Matt!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 03:38:01 AM »

And the word of the day is: CONTERMINOUS!
Butch and his CRONIES MOUNT up in the CONTERMINOUS sections of British Columbia and Washington, but the Mounties are on their tails.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 04:44:01 AM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 04:45:42 AM »

Fletcher is on the floor nearby, dreaming.  His feet are twitching - he's having a good run somewhere.

Do Dalmatians dream in black and white?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 05:06:50 AM »

Good morning, all!  I had a very restless night of peculiar dreams and a few nightmares.  I'd like to sleep in longer, but I have much to do today.  I finally located the LITTLE BY LITTLE band parts from the recording and I have to assemble them, stamp them with my name, and photocopy them for use in this upcoming concert production.

I'm hoping, as well, that my Toyland colleagues in North Carolina will have the last two stock arrangements put into score for my perusal.  I need to fill in some instrumentation on one of the dance charts, so it would be nice to look at  it a bit before proceeding.  

This is my day for checking in on my dad.  I hope all is well.[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR MATTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/move][move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ AND SINCERE WISHES FOR MANY HEALTHY AND WEALTHY MORE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]    
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 05:11:03 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 05:41:31 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR MATTH!

And many happy movie viewings to come!  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 05:42:27 AM »

Congratulations to DR GEORGE on his condo!  

Lovely puppy, DRJANE!!

Enjoyed seeing the BBB program!  Everyone looks so dressed up!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 05:43:17 AM »

My day is FULL of labors.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Working at the bookstore.....until 6 pm.....and then a rehearsal at 7 pm....which I will be late for....hopefully we will have a FULL cast tonight for the first time EVER!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 05:45:42 AM »

Watched a short documentary on the BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS and saw the name of Friend of BK - Mr David Wechter.

As for Edith Head not winning the OSCAR for those overdone rags in TO CATCH A THIEF....didn't bother me.  I thought the costumes for LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING were lovely.  Edit Head always thought nothing succeeds like excess.  I think she spent too many years with DeMille.

Jennifer

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 06:12:43 AM »

Happy Birthday DR MattH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2006, 06:49:29 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  I slept in until 9:15am and am now trying to wake myself up with lots o' coffee.

Happiest of birthdays to DR MattH!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 06:55:09 AM »

Good morning!

If I have to have a birthday, at least it landed on a beautiful day. It's going to be warmer than yesterday, and I can already feel humidity that we didn't have yesterday, but all in all, it should be a pleasant day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 06:57:24 AM »

Thank you so much for the kind wishes, DRs George, Elmore, Ginny, S. Woody, JRand, Jennifer, and Grand Poobah bk.

I was born a little after 9 a.m. in the morning, so my actual time of birth came and went while I was reading more of the Paul Lynde biography. Kind of appropriate, I guess.

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 06:59:03 AM »

My friend Jeff had planned on cooking a meal for me today, but he's decided to take me to a Chinese buffet instead. He's a good cook, but this will give me a chance to overindulge food-wise with no regrets. Looking forward to that gift very much!

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 07:01:31 AM »

As for today's viewing, I haven't a clue where that will take me. I do want to get ON DANGEROUS GROUND watched just so I can make a bigger dent in that last box of Warners film noirs.

I may go ahead and watch SAN FRANCISCO, too, even though I watched the videotape of it just a few months ago. Still, I'm expecting much improved video quality on the DVD.

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 07:11:40 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday, Matt![/move][/color]

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2006, 07:22:49 AM »

Good Morning, All!

I just put the Cabaret West Calendar and Newsletter to bed. The Calendar should be up on the site either today or tomorrow http://www.cabaretwest.org.

Here are some tidbits from the newsletter ...

MARNI NIXON, called "The Ghostess with the Mostest" for the many singing voices she dubbed in film (Deborah Kerr in The King & I, Natalie Wood in West Side Story, Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady), will be appearing at Theatre West in Hollywood next month. She's just written her memoirs and will participate in a free book signing, discussion, and singing event on Sept. 10 at 2 p.m. at the Drama Book Shop in New York City (250 West 44th Street).

New CD Release I recommend:

D.C. ANDERSON -- I AM STILL -- 15 tracks (all original). D.C. is at his contemplative best as he collaborates on all new songs with Roy Zimmerman, Steven Landau, Elizabeth Doyle, Ritt Henn, Geoff Packard, and David Robison. Releases September 12. Purchase from http://www.lmlmusic.com and Amazon. LML Special: Receive a free copy of D.C's BALLAD album with any new order on the website for the entire month of September. More at http://www.dcanderson.net.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 07:26:48 AM by Donna »

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2006, 07:29:06 AM »

DR Donna - how delightful to see Eloise in your post this morning!  Are you a fan?  When I was 5 or 6, my sister took me to the book department in the downtown Detroit J. L. Hudson store to meet Kay Thompson and have her autograph my copy of the first Eloise book.  Fun, fun, fun.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2006, 07:34:22 AM »

Thank you, DR Donna, for the good wishes.

I'm very near the end of the Lynde biography, so I think I'll head down and finish it.

WBBL.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2006, 07:50:10 AM »

Happy B'Day to MattH!

FJL

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2006, 07:58:02 AM »

A very happy birthday to MattH!

FJL

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2006, 08:02:54 AM »

Just posting this again, since it may have gotten lost amidst the mirth and merriment of last night's frenzies and such:

Announcing an HHW get-together in NYC on Saturday evening, Sept. 30th around 8 p.m.

Place:  a restaurant in the theater district, to be determined once we know approximately how many people are coming

Finances: every person pays for his or her own food & drink

Reason for the get-together:  BK will be in town and at this particular get-together

If you can come:  Email me at my AOL address Dylan43rd  - ASAP, but let's pick a random date for RSVP'ing of Sept. 15th so that we'll have plenty of time to make a reservation

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2006, 08:04:13 AM »

From today's notes:

'''stunning William Claxton photo (with his stamps on the rear) of Miss Natalie Wood,

Why did Claxton put stamps on Natalie's rear? Curious readers want to know!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2006, 08:19:56 AM »

Happy Happy Birthday, DR Matt!!!! Have a lovely day!

Congrats, Georgie-Boy!!! Oh, baby! Welcome to the wonderful world of Home Ownership! Many joys to you!

Jane - oh, puppy! When do you get the baby??? Whatta dawg! I'll be passing by next Monday - too early? Next trip??

So the workshop yesterday apparently inspired most of the attendees - they all brought stuff to read at the Open Mike in Woodinville, where I was the Featured Reader. That was so nice.

I read a chapter I had deleted from Jewish Thighs. The chapter had been left over from when the manuscript began life as a funny diet book. It's called: DO-IT YOURSELF AVERSION THERAPY. I got so many good laughs! So I may just tweak it here and there, and send it in as a possible article for a women's mag or something. I had forgotten how strange and funny it is - but that's why I kept it in the manuscript for too long.
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2006, 08:21:29 AM »

Oh - and: Happy belated birthday wishes for Ron P! I was otherwise engaged yesterday, or I surely would have joined the HHW birthday fest.
PennyO

FJL

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2006, 08:25:44 AM »

Best of luck with the condo, George.  Hope all goes great with wrapping up the proceedings.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up