Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CLIPPED HEDGES  (Read 21664 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:CLIPPED HEDGES
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2006, 11:01:42 PM »

And one for Kansas!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2006, 11:04:11 PM »

BIG BROTHER SPOILERS

OK, Janelle has gone way up in my opinion, but you have to give Erika credit for helping her see the light and just in time.  And, this time they didn't let Janelle get away with anything, she really did let go with one hand

Mike Boogie has got to go. What an idiot.

My thoughts exactly Cillaliz! Boogie has an ego way bigger then he ought....LOL!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2006, 11:14:00 PM »

That, my dear, is an Urban Legend (Urban?, ND?)

Dear derBrucer, ND at times is a legend....
North Dakota's Mountains
Yes, we have mountains!

This 'taint no mole hill:

der Brucer

Nice pic Der Brucer... I will call it an escarpment, a ridge....

The BAdlands in Siouan are Paha Sapa. It means Lands Bad

The Badlands start in ND and extend into SD... There are beautiful sunsets there as the sun's rays play on the many different layers in the rocks. BEautiful!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2006, 11:14:59 PM »

Der Brucer, I will give you mountain but it boils down to perception...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2006, 11:15:41 PM »

I am also watching me a Mario Lanza movie, THAT MIDNIGHT KISS...his first film (in a lead role)...what a voice!

And I did not realize he died so young...heart attack at age 38! Yikes!

And two of his kids died young...one daughter in a car accident and a son, of a heart attack at age 37!

His wife died a few years after Mario died. All very sad.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2006, 11:15:54 PM »

THe BAdlands are the northern Edge of the Great Plains and were etched from the rock of the high plains by water and glaciers

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #186 on: September 05, 2006, 11:20:52 PM »

DR Maria, I will let my neice know about the movie, she is a fan of the series...

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2006, 11:24:23 PM »

Der Brucer, I will give you mountain but it boils down to perception...

Oh yes! When I was living in California, ND's "hight spots" would have been considered barely foothills. Now that I'm in Delaware (highest point - 450ft), they look like the Alps!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2006, 11:28:57 PM »

I am also watching me a Mario Lanza movie, THAT MIDNIGHT KISS...his first film (in a lead role)...what a voice!

And I did not realize he died so young...heart attack at age 38! Yikes!

Also sad that his increasing obesity cost him the screen time for arguably his best movie role: The Student Prince. It is still comical to watch the relatively svelte Edmond Purdom open his mouth and hear Mario come roaring out!

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #189 on: September 05, 2006, 11:30:10 PM »

Oh yes! When I was living in California, ND's "hight spots" would have been considered barely foothills. Now that I'm in Delaware (highest point - 450ft), they look like the Alps!

der Brucer

I get the biggest charge out of my freind CAssie who grew upo in IReland and when she came to ND she nearly went bonkers. She was not used to wide open spaces. For her it was very unnerving.

We save our nastiest treatment for the Frank and Debra Popper who  are professors at Rutgers and they have suggested  that ND and other plains states should be returned to pasture for buffalo...

Of course we have suggested taht NJ be used for NYC's garbage...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 11:35:14 PM by DakotaCelt »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2006, 11:37:17 PM »

Of course we have suggested taht NJ be used for NYC's garbage...

It already is!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2006, 11:38:11 PM »

From the latest census data:

The ratio of single men to single women between ages 15 and 44 last year was highest in Nevada (120.2 per 100 women), North Dakota (120.1) and Alaska (118.9). It was lowest in the District of Columbia (93.4).

Commuters in New York state had the longest average daily trip to work last year at 31.2 minutes, followed closely by commuters in Maryland and New Jersey. Those in the Dakotas had the easiest trip on average: only 16 minutes.

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2006, 11:42:04 PM »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2006, 11:45:03 PM »

From the latest census data:der Brucer

1. I have not seen any single men in my age group in YEARS!!!  They have to be hiding...

2. During the summers I often walk to campus and it is usually a 34 minute walk and in the winter I drive due to the hours and it is a 9 minute drive...

However that is a bit of a mistake on the drive time, especially if you live in the rural areas and the dreaded season of road construction. It can sometimes be a longer.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 11:50:25 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2006, 11:47:59 PM »

NOt that I am looking, but I do have a few requirements I observe:

a sense of humour, smarts, demonstrates respect, and looks are a bonus

I dont think I am asking a lot :-)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2006, 11:48:25 PM »

Must appreciate respect my interests ....
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 11:48:55 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2006, 11:54:21 PM »

Wonder of Der Brucer and George can help to get us to 200 before bk locks the thread?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2006, 11:55:36 PM »

DerBrucer, we have unique words in ND:

Flizzard
Black Ice
Snirt

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2006, 11:58:13 PM »

http://www.mnnorthsnocross.com/SNIRT.shtml

Snirt and snomobile jumping!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2006, 12:03:28 AM »

C'mon, we're only two postings away from 200.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2006, 12:07:03 AM »

Ah one

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2006, 12:07:32 AM »

The Minnesota Wild will destroy the LA Kings in HOckey this year!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2006, 12:08:32 AM »

Broomball anyone?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2006, 12:09:52 AM »

Eastern ND is very, very flat and the bottom of a lake bed

It is like a bowl!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2006, 12:10:16 AM »

Anyone out there??

DERBRUCER

« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2006, 12:11:05 AM »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2006, 12:12:29 AM »

So you have played broomball??

Got your shoes ready and your broom?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2006, 12:13:21 AM »

He has not locked it yet George, Jump in!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: September 06, 2006, 12:13:45 AM »

Broomball is the nightowl and poor persons version of Ice hockey

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2006, 12:14:03 AM »

midnight was the only time we could get ice time
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up