Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DRANIUM OF THE CRANIUM  (Read 24105 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:DRANIUM OF THE CRANIUM
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2006, 10:01:26 AM »

Thanks, MusicGuy and Cillaliz.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2006, 10:03:39 AM »

Happy Anniversary, DearReader Laura!!! and many more.

And a happy birthday to our esteemed Mr. Lurie.

TOD - water, cold but no ice, piece of lemon. Very thirst quenching. On occasion, a cold caffeine-free diet coke or pepsi. That ZING! of battery-acid flavor is so crisp and thirst quenching!!

Sweet tooth is always satisfied by ice cream. Used to be something intense - like fudge or something - but I just can't eat that stuff any more.

In re: the notes -- that part of the female alien is such a great part!!! That's the role I fantasized playing when I came to the reading a few months ago. Trust me - anyone you might offer it to would jump at the chance!!! The song is SO GOOD!!! a real showstopper! The girl who played the character in the reading had some trouble with the song, and STILL stopped the show!!!! Can't wait to see the full staged version. Hilarious! Uproarious!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2006, 10:06:12 AM »

This feral cat is lying purring in my lap right now... when I got home last night, she was finishing a dinner of my last chipmunk. The tail is still on the porch this morning. She bats it around and jumps at it... Apparently, the Happy Meal came with a toy...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2006, 10:08:47 AM »

I think she had her litter of kittens about 10 days ago - she vanished for a couple of days. When she showed up again, she was acting very strange, and her girth has steadily diminished. And she just hangs around here, mostly in the house. I think the babies must not have made it. Probably a good thing, with the cold weather starting.
PennyO

FJL

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2006, 10:10:25 AM »

Happy anniversary, Laura!

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2006, 10:11:42 AM »

Gotta cut back the last of the iris today, haul some brush, return the neighbor's wheel barrow, and start packing. The leaves have started turning red and gold, trees getting bare, raccoons and cats scarfing down mountains of food in preparation for a cold winter. Birds and PennyO preparing to head south to sunnier climes...
PennyO

Ben

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

Happy Anniversary Laura!

FJL

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2006, 10:28:42 AM »

Again, announcing an HHW get-together in NYC on Saturday evening, Sept. 30th around 8 p.m.

Place:  a restaurant in the theater district, to be determined once we know approximately how many people are coming

Finances: every person pays for his or her own food & drink

Reason for the get-together:  BK will be in town and at this particular get-together

If you can come:  Email me at my AOL address Dylan43rd  - ASAP, but let's pick a random date for RSVP'ing of Sept. 15th so that we'll have plenty of time to make a reservation

FJL

« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2006, 10:29:39 AM »

I had nothing else to say, so i decided to post that announcement again.  :)

FJL

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2006, 10:30:34 AM »

And I got two posts out of it!

FJL

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2006, 10:31:02 AM »

Make that three psots, or is it now four?

FJL

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2006, 10:31:46 AM »

The restaurant will most likely be Joe Allen's on 46th between 8th and 9th.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2006, 10:48:42 AM »

Back from the jog.  Now I'll go to Staples and get envelopes.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2006, 10:52:53 AM »

Thanks, Penny, FJL, and Ben!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2006, 11:14:52 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR WILLIAM E LURIE

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO DR LAURA....and you know of course that ANY place in Arizona that YOU are...is the prettiest place in Arizona
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2006, 11:15:58 AM »

DR JANE - I will post more pics of Ms Blue Moon in a few weeks when I have some time to take some nice ones.

MOCKINGBIRD opens tonight to a nearly sold out house - and I am hoping we get through it without TOO many mistakes and TOO many L O N G  D R A M A T I C pauses.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2006, 11:17:58 AM »

Glad you are Bat-Proof DR CILLA LIZ.

I was waiting to make an entrance last night and down the steps came hopping ... a BAT!  He couldn't fly, I guess, he was trying to get offstage, must have forgotten his lines....  He caused great consternation among those standing nearby.  Calpurnia had the answer - she said "He's hurt, step on him and kill him."

I said:  "I can't!"   Not sure what finally happened to him.  I think he made his way out the back door with the help of a broom.  On his way to Iowa, no doubt!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2006, 11:19:23 AM »

Sounds like the PLANET X casting is superb....and of course the SONDHEIM cd's are eagerly anticipated across the NATION!!

MR BK - I think many DR's explained an answer song....one example not given was QUEEN OF THE HOUSE....a reply to Roger Miller's KING OF THE ROAD.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2006, 11:29:04 AM »

Didn't Marie Curie discover dranium?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2006, 11:36:43 AM »

And remember, you promised DP Kerry and I a certain homemade cooked treat at your house, if we came over to the Brain opening !  Yummy !!

Pray it isn't Whacky Noodles!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2006, 11:38:49 AM »

Then I got to work and the secretary who refused to do my work just a few short weeks ago is now doing things I have told her I want to do myself. She's driving me nuts!!!! She's like a mother hen, she has a sinus infection and says that she really should be home etc...  Then go home!!!! However the investigator I really need to do some things for me is staying home with a sick kid for the second day in a row....I get so sick of it. Someone is gone everyday for at least part of the day for their kids.   I understand every now and then but not every day.  Of course these are the same people who thought it wasn't fair that I took time off....AHHHHH.

Ok, end of rant.  

Are you sure you don't work at the U. S. Post Office?

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2006, 11:40:01 AM »

Impulse orders from Kritzerland would be facilitated by a hot-link on this here site!

der very lazy Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2006, 11:57:28 AM »

We have the Candide, has anyone heard comments concerning the others?

A quartet of legendary Broadway musicals - Candide, The King and I, My Fair Lady and South Pacific - gets a fresh airing in Masterworks Broadway's restoration of four essential cast recordings never before been issued on CD.  Originally recorded in stereo and each a more complete representation of the show than its original cast recording, the four Masterworks Broadway titles have been remastered for this release from original analogue source tapes using Sony's Direct Stream Digital (DSD) System and SBM Direct to achieve the best in restored sound.  Candide, The King and I, My Fair Lady and South Pacific will be in stores August 29, 2006.

Masterworks Broadway is a new imprint of Sony BMG Masterworks, showcasing the label's commitment to the great music of Broadway past and present.  Masterworks Broadway will explore the riches of its combined catalogue of show recordings, originally made for RCA/BMG Classics and Columbia/CBS Masterworks/Sony Classical, in addition to recordings of new musical productions, such as the current hit The Wedding Singer, the upcoming revival of A Chorus Line and a deluxe 10th-anniversary edition of Chicago.

All four recordings have been repackaged with original cover art, and each booklet is illustrated with rarely seen session photos from the Sony BMG Archives.

The two Rodgers and Hammerstein titles - The King and I and South Pacific - are recordings of lavish Music Theater of Lincoln Center revivals, which were cast and supervised by Richard Rodgers himself in 1964 and 1967, respectively.  Original cast recordings of both shows predated stereo recording, so these are the only stereo theatrical recordings that directly reflect Rodgers' famously specific ideas about how the scores should sound.  

For South Pacific - a recording produced by Edward Kleban, who would later become the lyricist of A Chorus Line - the composer cast the operatic bass Giorgio Tozzi for the role of Emile de Becque (Tozzi "ghosted" the songs for actor Rossano Brazzi on the soundtrack of the 1958 film version) and, as the irrepressible Ensign Nellie Forbush, Broadway veteran Florence Henderson, shortly before she entered the pop-culture pantheon as the mom on TV's The Brady Bunch.

The CD release of The King and I includes a brief track - "Western People Funny" - that was recorded at the original sessions but never released.  Opera's Risė Stevens and the late TV star Darren McGavin headline as Anna and the King of Siam, with richly sung supporting performances by Tony winner Patricia Neway (The Sound of Music) as Lady Thiang, Lee Venora as Tuptim and Frank Porretta as Lun Tha.  This musically impeccable interpretation - led by Stevens' gracious Anna and McGavin as a powerful but less domineering King than Yul Brynner - might well be taken as Rodgers' final word on the show.

The Candide recording captures the uproarious energy - dialogue as well as musical numbers - of director Harold Prince's iconoclastic reinterpretation of this problematic musical, first staged in Brooklyn in 1973 and transferred to Broadway the following year for a lengthy run that resulted in five Tony Awards and a special citation from the New York Drama Critics Circle.  With its cheerfully profane new book, some fresh Stephen Sondheim lyrics and zesty orchestrations, this Candide is a radical but hugely entertaining departure from the much grander original production, featuring infectious performances from Mark Baker, Maureen Brennan, Lewis J. Stadlen and June Gable.

The 1976 recording of Broadway's 20th anniversary revival of My Fair Lady gives a new lease on life to a show inevitably haunted by the voices of Rex Harrison, Julie Andrews and Stanley Holloway on the original cast recordings from New York and London.   Christine Andreas, who is currently starring in the national tour of The Light in the Piazza, had her breakthrough on Broadway as Eliza Doolittle in this production, opposite Ian Richardson's distinctive Henry Higgins and George Rose's Tony-winning portrayal of Alfred P. Doolittle.  The sumptuous recording includes "The Embassy Waltz," which did not make the cut on either of the show's original cast recordings.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2006, 12:16:35 PM »

All packages have been addressed.  Whew!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2006, 12:31:39 PM »

Well, we had "answer songs", so now we get "answer films":

ABC's "The Path to 9/11" is an answer to Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11"

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2006, 12:33:17 PM »

All packages have been addressed.  Whew!

Does "all" include orders placed an hour or so ago :)

der Brucer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2006, 12:46:30 PM »

the intinerary of DR TOMovOZ and DP COLIN is divoon!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2006, 12:47:10 PM »

Off to the THEE-AY-TER

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2006, 12:57:37 PM »

Happy anniversary DR laura.

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2006, 01:03:09 PM »

Big brother spoilers.

I am really upset at the results of the hoh (part 2).
For anyone who thought that janelle has been favored, she was totally thrown to the wolves this time. They had a physical challenge that required upper arm strength. And no woman could have beat a man (well unless it was george).

Really not happy about that. Even if it had been erika vs boogie, she would not have been able to win.

I don't think i'm just annoyed because i'm a janelle fan. I mean if there was no possible way she could win, what was the point.

I really hope erika wins part 3 because i want to know if she will keep her word to janelle. I originally thought she would, because she would not want to hand the money to boogie. But she doesn't know that he used her and can't stand her. So i think she will fall back under his spell.

If erika does win and takes boogie then i hope she gets what she deserves. I really cannot stand when people make promises at the end and then don't keep them. That is really low to me. Janelle saved her butt and she should keep her word. If she was guaranteed to win over boogie then perhaps i could understand her decision. But she will most likely lose to him. And for that reason she should not let him win.

Plus it will sicken me if i have to watch them in the F2.

Oh the reason i think E is turning on J is beause you can tell by the conversations. Erika told boogie a lot that janelle has told him (last night) and then she said she would take him to the finals. And then she didn't go back and tell janelle everything her and boogie talked about.  I hate that she is sucking up to him just because he's in power now. Yuck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up