Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: KIP  (Read 29494 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:KIP
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2006, 08:58:38 AM »

If we could entice the remarkable Elmore to join us, that would be a great honor for me as well.  

Well, ditto for me, buster!  I've been a fan of yours since I heard DR Jason (where, Oh where?) singing to your organ.  

Ok, TCB, take it and run!!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2006, 09:00:47 AM »

DR Ben,

I saw BETWEEN TWO WORLDS when I was in high school and loved it. There was a version of it made in the early 30s as well, but with a different title.

Isn't BETWEEN TWO WORLDS another version of the play OUTWARD BOUND?

I have that play in some collection:  GREAT BRITISH PLAYS ABOUT DEATH or some such title.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2006, 09:09:52 AM »

Okay, it's time to play in the NYPL Theatre Collection.

When, oh when will our DR Jose retunr to us from the pits of the Arena Stage CABARET?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2006, 09:26:01 AM »

While I know that "cake" is the mainstay of food discussion favorites here at HainesHisWay.com, I would be remiss if I didn't suggest that only here can one fully appreciate the true value of "pie"!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2006, 09:26:17 AM »

Yo, Elmo! Been to Artie's lately? have a chicken soup for me, boychik!
PennyO

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2006, 09:26:26 AM »

BB live feed minor spoiler.

I was so disgusted with the outcome of Big Brother 7 last night (I learned the results on the message boards before it aired locally) that I watched PBS all evening...and found a series called "Monarchy" that was absolutely riveting.

Go, Erika!

Would you still want her to win if she was back to kissing all over mike boogie?????

Granted she doesn't know the extent of his diary room sessions, but still she does know she was played.  Yet she is back to loving her boogie man again.

Yuck.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2006, 09:27:09 AM »

PIE!!!
PennyO

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2006, 09:29:40 AM »

DRs RLP, Jennifer, and Cillaliz,

I was also disgusted by BB7 last night...Will and Janelle should be sitting as the final two...they are the two best players.

Erika and Boogie do not deserve to win...and golly, but does Boogie not have enough ego to fill 3 BB houses!

That said, of the two players I hope Erika wins.

Hey for once we agree, although i don't know if i really want erika to win anymore. she had me for a short while, but not anymore.

But that said, does anyone actually think erika will win? I don't.

It's a shame that janelle's hand came off that 1st hoh when she was startled by boogie jumping off. OR i think she would have had a good chance to win that final hoh. Although boogie did get them all right.

Btw, did anybody else see janelle on the Early show today. I cannot wait to listen to her housecalls episode. Anyhow she was really lovely on the morning show today. She really has a sweet sparkling personality.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 09:35:02 AM by Jennifer »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2006, 09:31:12 AM »

Hey, George!!! Congrats on the play! I'll surely try to get up to the NW in time to see it!

Thanks!  And I hope you can see it (but don't feel obligated ::))! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2006, 09:31:25 AM »

And now...to work. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2006, 09:32:55 AM »

BB live feed minor spoiler.Would you still want her to win if she was back to kissing all over mike boogie?????

Granted she doesn't know the extent of his diary room sessions, but still she does know she was played.  Yet she is back to loving her boogie man again.

Yuck.

Erika has a self-image/low self-esteem problem, IMO.  As nice a person as her ex-boyfriend Robert seemed to be at the end of their BB season, he still had a vile streak to him and she was totally slumming when she dated him.

And now she slums again.

Erika was one of my favorites way back when....and I'd love to see her win, because when she sees the tapes of how Boogie and Will referred to her, she'll need the sweet revenge of having beaten them both to salve her hurt feelings.

So...yes.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2006, 09:34:04 AM »

But before I go:  

In my CD player at work:  I downloaded MP3 tracks from the movie soundtrack to "Cannibal! The Musical" and burned a CD.  The whole thing (that I was able to download) is only 21 minutes or so.  Otherwise, other CDs to be discovered when I get there.

In my DVD player:  "Third Man Out" and "Adam & Steve" that I just got earlier this week.

In my VCR:  nothing.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2006, 09:34:38 AM »

PIE!!!

PECAN

CHOCOLATE

KEY LIME

COCONUT

PEACH (fresh)

CHERRY

« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 09:34:59 AM by Ron Pulliam »

George

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2006, 09:34:56 AM »

To quote the one and only Jose:  Laters! ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2006, 09:35:33 AM »

To quote the one and only Jose:  Laters! ;D

Jose?

WHODAT?

Ciao-ders, George!

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2006, 09:42:12 AM »

Erika has a self-image/low self-esteem problem, IMO.  As nice a person as her ex-boyfriend Robert seemed to be at the end of their BB season, he still had a vile streak to him and she was totally slumming when she dated him.

And now she slums again.

Erika was one of my favorites way back when....and I'd love to see her win, because when she sees the tapes of how Boogie and Will referred to her, she'll need the sweet revenge of having beaten them both to salve her hurt feelings.

So...yes.

I think i would vote for boogie, even knowing how gross he is.  Since he and will dominated the house, if will can't win, then boogie should. And aren't they splitting the money anyhow?

I also liked erika last time that she was on, and even voted for her a few times to get back in the house. She lost me when she was all over icky boogie. Then she won me over when her and janelle were together. But if she is going to get played twice then she deserves to lose.

I think danielle, james, will and janelle will vote for boogie. Janelle even said on the way out, "you deserve to win".

Chicken george, marcellas and howie MAY vote for erika. But i only really think maybe 1 or 2 of them will.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2006, 09:44:13 AM »

George, did you see that they just did the show last week at the Victoria Fringe Festival?

der Brucer

Wonder if they wore fringe...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2006, 09:48:01 AM »

MBArnum, I love Are You Being served?, I have taped many of the eppies off the telly over the years.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2006, 09:49:03 AM »

Congrats on the play GEorge...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2006, 09:51:33 AM »

Media check:

CD: Down the Old Plank Road / Further Down the Old Plank road by the Chieftains; Michael Collins Soundtrack

VHS: Cruise of Deception aka CRuise beyond Description and Alamainia

DVD: Notting Hill
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 09:56:45 AM by DakotaCelt »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2006, 09:52:28 AM »

CD - Guy Haines singing "Sail Away" (the Coward one)

I am sure a braver Guy can be heard elsewhere.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2006, 09:57:02 AM »

MBArnum, I love Are You Being served

It is a splendid show, and I am unanimous in that!

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2006, 09:57:25 AM »

PECAN

CHOCOLATE

KEY LIME

COCONUT

PEACH (fresh)

CHERRY

Strawberry-Rhubarb!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2006, 09:58:12 AM »

It is a splendid show, and I am unanimous in that!

der Brucer

Mr. Humphries, You free??

I'm Free!!!

That show is a riot

DERBRUCER

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2006, 10:16:22 AM »

Isn't BETWEEN TWO WORLDS another version of the play OUTWARD BOUND?
Indeed, Yes.

From IMDB

Trivia for
Between Two Worlds (1944)
The play "Outward Bound" opened on Broadway in New York City, New York, USA on 7 January 1924 and closed in May 1924 after 144 performances. The opening night cast included Dudley Digges, Leslie Howard, J.M. Kerrigan, Alfred Lunt and Beryl Mercer. There was one Broadway revival in 1938, directed by Otto Preminger.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2006, 10:26:36 AM »

PIE!!!
SHOO FLY PIE

Shoo Fly Pie and Apple Pandowdy.

The song by Dinah Shore was one of the best selling records of 1946. Lately a new generation has been introduced to the catchy tune, due to its use in a popular Lexus TV commercial. But unlike their older music loving counterparts, most of today's kids have never had the pleasure of eating these two old fashioned desserts that Dinah just "couldn't get enough of."

Shoo Fly Pie is a traditional Pennsylvania Dutch dessert. Brown sugar, molasses, shortening, salt, and spices were all non-perishable ingredients that could survive the long ocean's crossing to America made by German immigrants. The pie's unusual name is said to be due to the fact that pies were traditionally set to cool on windowsills, and due to the sweet ingredients, the cook would constantly have to shoo the flies away.

Apple Pandowdy is one of a family of simple desserts, known in different parts of the world as cobblers, duffs, grunts, slumps and pandowdies. These desserts have subtle variations, but the base of all of them is fruit baked with a sweet biscuit or cake dough top.

The exact origin of the name Pandowdy is unknown, but it is thought to refer to the dessert's plain or "dowdy" appearance. Looks can be deceiving, apple pandowdy is delicious, especially topped with a bit of ice cream or whipped cream. Both these desserts are super easy to make, yet win rave reviews from diners. Try some tonight. Your dinner guests just won't be able to get enough of that wonderful stuff!

Wonderful treats to be had at Philadelphia's Reading Terminal Market

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2006, 10:30:54 AM »

I would be remiss if I didn't suggest that only here can one fully appreciate the true value of "pie"!

Is it time for "No, pie are round!" jokes?

der Brucer

Ben

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2006, 10:40:52 AM »

Although he hasn't been here for a few days our own Man in a Dress does have his name in a Playbill On-Line article:

Jose

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2006, 10:43:15 AM »

Back from De-Jog, which was De-Difficult, but ultimately De-Lovely.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2006, 10:43:55 AM »

Congrats Jose!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up