Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE STUFF THAT STUFF IS MADE OF  (Read 16415 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE STUFF THAT STUFF IS MADE OF
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2006, 08:31:27 PM »

Haven't gotten any word from Amazon about any of the things I ordered this week having shipped (THE OFFICE, GREY'S ANATOMY, AGATHA CHRISTIE MYSTERY COLLECTION).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2006, 08:32:17 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Five Dance!!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2006, 08:33:08 PM »

If the day the site went down is discounted (118 posts), then this post gets us to our all-time low.

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2006, 08:33:26 PM »

And this moves us past it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2006, 08:37:55 PM »

Don't know if I mentioned it, but late this afternoon I had my attic insulated.  They found no bats in the attic - dead or alive - so the exclusion must be working.  There was very little insulation up there and now I should be up to R 38 (from about R 5 - whatever that means). Anyway, I'm sure it will be a big improvement.

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2006, 08:40:30 PM »

Now I just need to have the chimney sweep check the chimney and do some winterizing myself and I'll be set for winter.    It's going to be 83 degrees tomorrow, but one can never be too prepared!

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2006, 08:43:26 PM »

Heading off to bed now.

Good night!

MBarnum

« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2006, 08:49:29 PM »

DR Jane, I am very excited for you in regards to the new pup!!! Where do you have to go to pick him up at? Make sure he doesn't bite your Fed Ex man!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2006, 09:37:16 PM »

Also time to say g'night to all of the H/Ks out there in radioland !

Sleep well..................

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2006, 09:42:53 PM »

Cute dogie.

The question is WHY?  Why this errant and truant behavior?  I thought the dog days of August were behind us and yet they seem not to be.  Well, I suppose the errant and truant will show up with some excuse or another.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2006, 10:04:20 PM »

I'm here...finally. ::)

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2006, 10:05:04 PM »

George!! Good lender vibes !!

Thanks!!  In the morning, I fax ALL of the information and forms to the lender and (like I've said before) unless something goes horribly wrong, they will give me the money and I will close the sale on October 2nd and be a condo owner!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2006, 10:10:35 PM »

Tonight, I went to my parents' house for dinner and as soon as I got there, my mom and sister were leaving to check out the new Costco that opened up a couple of months ago, just three miles away from my parents' house.

George

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2006, 10:12:19 PM »

About the only thing that we really stopped and looked at were washers and dryers.  When I move, I'll need to get my own set.  My mom said that I should get a top loading washer because it's a HELL of a lot cheaper than the front loaders, but my sister thinks that I should get a front loader because it uses less water (less filling...tastes great! ;)).  Then as we walked away from them, my sister whispered to me that she'd pay for them!  WOW!  I won't argue with that. :D But I think I'll still go for the top loader.  I don't really do laundry that often (I'm only one person, you know) and the front loader models at Costco were literally THREE time more expensive than the top loaders!

George

« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2006, 10:14:33 PM »

The Vixter's ELA teacher (remember when it was English class, not" English Language Arts"? class) gave out her first written assignment of the year... she is having the kids write out an urban lengend in their own words, in three paragraphs using descriptiive language etc...  it made me wonder how many urban legends we could call to mind...

Today, I just got a book from the library (I had placed a hold on it when it was ordered) and the title is "Urban Legends : 666 Absolutely True Stories That Happened To a Friend-- Of a Friend-- Of a Friend" by Thomas J. Craughwells!  Spooky!

;)

jhvw

« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2006, 10:23:40 PM »

I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone, hope you all had good days. Mine has been good, made up my mind, I'm moving to Phoenix to live with my fag hag. I found the means to make the money for it and I'm blowing this joint! So, I'm feeling pretty positive and happy about making such changes in my life. Just wanted to share, good vibes to all!

George

« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2006, 10:27:40 PM »

Congrats on the decision to move, JF!  I'm only moving a couple of miles from where I am now...your move is much more dramatic!  I wish you all the best! ;D

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 10:28:04 PM by George »

jhvw

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2006, 10:41:53 PM »

My move is going to stink I'm afraid, and be expensive. I also got 2 cars to get there somehow, I have the volkswagen and a 91 ford mustang. I'm kinda considering leaving the bug and most of my stuff here in storage until my friend and I get into a bigger apt. and I'm definately sure I want to live there.  

On another note, I'm sad I miss all these shows you guys are watching. I sure miss my DVR!!! Because I work through primetelevision I don't get to watch much of anything. Only what's on NBC, and most night's that's Law and Order. And the new season of Nip/Tuck started...ah well, guess I'll wait for the dvd. Night everybody

George

« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2006, 10:45:27 PM »

Good night!

George

« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2006, 10:48:13 PM »

Well, I must be going, too (no bitch-slapping for me ;)).  I have to get up early again because more work is being done on my house (where I currently live) and I need to take a shower and feed my cat before the guy gets here.  My cat is very skittish and any visitors scare her.  She'll hide under my bed until everyone's gone...unless I'm there, which I won't be.  And because the guy will be working in the bathroom AND the kitchen, I have to move the cat box AND the cat food. :P

George

« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2006, 10:50:07 PM »

And just so you know (for future reference...if necessary), she really is affectionate and if there are visitors when I'm home, she may start to run away when someone arrives, but I can easily get her back to socialize. :)

George

« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2006, 10:51:12 PM »

So, good night, all! 8)

George

« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2006, 10:52:12 PM »

~~~Easy (and hopefully less expensive than you think) Moving Vibes for JHVW!!~~~

;D

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2006, 11:50:42 PM »

Very cute pups, Jane!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2006, 12:03:46 AM »

Re: Tonight's "Project Runway" episode:

SPOILER

And then there were 5.  And the 5 suddenly, surprisingly and malevolently swelled to 7 as Angela and Vincent were brought back and given a second chance.

The two people in the entire competition who, arguably, had no business even being IN the competition.

It was bad enough having to revisit Vincent's self-serving comments in highlights from last week's show, but to be treated to more Vincent was sheer cruelty.

And to bring back Angela...Angela the Damned, Angela the Clueless, Angela the Number One Most Wanted Felon on the Fashion Police's Top Ten...what could they have been thinking?  

The challenge was simple enough.  The pressure was on.  The drama was kept to a minimum.

And the finale, after much angst and teeth gnashing on my part in fear that either Angela or Vincent might "win" again, was a great relief.

I was very happy for Laura.  After all her self-doubts and the pressure that nearly had her quit the show, she came through and won the challenge.  It was a nice dress.  She's back!

Michael was back, too.  And after last week, it was good to see him shine.

I thought Jeffrey and Uli were both strong, but the judges seemed really tough on both.  I did see someone's point (I think it was Michael Kors') about Uli showing the same dress in a different fabric and with modifications, week after week.  I don't think Kors has seen Gwen Stefani from Jeffrey week after week.  Last week he certainly didn't.  The recycling dress wasn't Stefani.  And that number he did for Angela's mom certainly wasn't goth.  I thought they were hypercritical.

As for Kayne....the front was fantastic and the back was a disaster....the front was Annette Bening and the back was Madonna in one of her tacky phases.  Kayne is a very mixed bag...and I think he got as far as he should have.

As for Vincent and Angela....woof!  Angela's own appearance was frightful and dismaying.  She has NO personal style.  No fashion self-sense.  Her taste is atrocious.  Vincent is cheese.

Both have cheesy smiles that flash much too often and with too much insincerity.

Both are hacks.  Please, Heidi, don't bring them back...EVER again.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 12:06:46 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up