Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SHAKE, RATTLE, AND ROLL  (Read 16893 times)

FJL

Re:SHAKE, RATTLE, AND ROLL
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2006, 02:29:39 PM »

I hate it when clients pick and choose what part of their tax info they're going to send us.  In this case the client likes sending copies rather than originals and decided to pick and choose to save on the copying, so it probably ends up costing more in accounting fees for us to call him and ask for the extra stuff.

End of my mini-tax-season rant.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2006, 02:33:04 PM »

I wouldn't go to the audition smelling of lemon wax...

Well better lemon wax than Tidy-Bowl ::)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

jhvw

« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2006, 02:38:49 PM »

Just wanted to pop in and say happy birthday to Larry. And thanks to him for being such a big help.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2006, 02:44:08 PM »

FJL, got the tape and got the script.

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2006, 03:01:46 PM »

Jose, Will you be in NYC on Wednesday Oct 4?  We don't arrive until then.  

We're hoping to meet Ginny and Richard for dinner that night before we go to ACL and they go to THE PRIME OF MISS JEAN BRODIE, of course other Hainsies and Kimlets are welcome to join us.  Our planes (jhvw and I) both are due to arrive around 3:00 PM , so we figure we'll have time to get to the hotel and still meet for dinner before the show.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2006, 03:20:33 PM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I looked at the calendar last night and everything - my eyes must have mis-seen elmore's actual birthday, so that coupled with his birthday dinner comment must have messed with my mind.

I must hurry and send elmore the newest script, since he's reading the version we did last May.

I'm printing it out as I type this.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2006, 03:29:26 PM »

Anybody up for taking Larry to a Wiener Birthday Lunch?

HAUTE DOGS

Few have taken the gourmet end more seriously than The Laundry, a white-tablecloth restaurant in East Hampton, N.Y., that this summer began selling $25 hot dogs made from Wagyu beef. It's sold more than 1,000 of them since July. Some customers order $250 bottles of wine with them...

Of course if you're on a budget:

At Mandler's, The Original Sausage Co. in New York City, there's a "mustard bar" with a half-dozen varieties to spread on its 12 different hot dogs, says owner Ronnie Mandler. Want to go even more upscale? Its sausages, costing up to $6.55, can be tucked inside jumbo croissants for an extra 65 cents.

Nostalgia brings up:

which morphed to:

At least they toasted their buns!

der Brucer

Anybody remember the Horn and Hardart automats?

Macaroni and Cheese, Baked Beans, Creamed Spinach...mmmm good!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 03:31:27 PM by DERBRUCER »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2006, 03:32:49 PM »

... mini-tax-season

Since when do we have a mini-tax?

der Brucer (and don't skirt the issue)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2006, 03:37:47 PM »

Having enjoyed "Cannibal - the Musical", I hope we can get to see 'Carrie Potter at the Half-Blood Prom".

Come spring Landless is doing "Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper".

der Brucer

Tomovoz

« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2006, 04:08:08 PM »

TOTD:

Anything sung by Buddy Holly and Bobby Darin
Virtually anything produced by Tommy "Snuff" Garrett - ie Tracks by Johnny Burnette, Gene McDaniels, and Bobby Vee. Snuff's later production for The Crickets, Cher, Gary Lewis and Vickie Lawrence were also great.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2006, 04:29:20 PM »

Tomovooz, best of vibes to your friend Peter!
Thank you Michael.  It all helps.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2006, 04:50:45 PM »

I heard today that my buddy and interviewee Mickey Hargitay passed away. I knew he had been ill but I hoped he would pull through.

He was a super nice, down to earth guy and he even gave me a grand tour of his home up in the hills above Sunset Blvd....it was wonderful!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »

Sorry to hear about your buddy Mike.
James Thurber 1957

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2006, 05:05:52 PM »

Welcome back to the stunning, hot, and sultry DR JOSE !! :)

DR Larry.....thanks for sending me the e-mail; I got your info, and B'day goodies will be heading your way.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2006, 05:07:09 PM »

Dear BK -- poopy news indeed, about one of your main actors dropping out on you!  Fie on them........and no pie, or crackerjack shrimp for them !

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2006, 05:16:27 PM »

Sad news about Mickey Hargitay.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2006, 05:42:47 PM »

*And then at the end of that week, I'm going on a cruise!  Well, I'm actually working on the cruise.  However, it's a seven-day cruise, and I'm only scheduled to work five hours during that time.  So...  :D

Are you sailing from New York?  Can we wave and blow kisses and shout, "Bon Voyage"?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2006, 05:59:25 PM »

Are you sailing from New York?  Can we wave and blow kisses and shout, "Bon Voyage"?

I've always wanted to do that!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2006, 06:01:11 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY[/move][/b]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]BIRTHDAY,[/move][/b]

DR ELMOORE3003!!!
[/color][/b]

[/b]

« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 06:16:04 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2006, 06:02:11 PM »

I'm trying very hard to stay awake until 10pm to watch the first episode of Studio 60.  At least I can sleep in a little in the morning, because I'm taking half a day off to have a brunch visit with a friend.  She and her husband are leaving this weekend on their first segment of America's Great Loop.  They keep their boat just downriver from Cincinnati and plan to get to Venice, FL, before storing it for the winter.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2006, 06:05:32 PM »

I was 5 years old when James Dean died in his car crash, and I remember a song that played A LOT on the radio about him....or at least someone named Jimmy who had died....but I think the song was about a motorcycle wreck...  Fuzzy memories....  I remember being shocked to see Jimmy Dean singing on television the next week.  Didn't get that straight for a long time.

Jimmy was the one with the sausage.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2006, 06:57:05 PM »

Oh... And Kevin James and Dan Ackroyd too...  Must be a comic fire-fighter movie.  I hope.

;)

Gee, that's depressing!  The only one of the three I would want to meet is Adam Sandler.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2006, 06:57:50 PM »

PennyO has come and gone.  We fixed a few things before the reading on Wednesday - simple fixes, really, but they help a lot, clarity-wise.  We also had a lovelier than lovely dinner at Hugo's, where I stuffed my gaping hungry maw with Pasta Papa (pasta, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon) and a salad.

Alet came over and we were happy to discover that her song keys are fine as is.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2006, 07:02:15 PM »

Well, I just got a call from my real estate agent and she said that the sellers of the condo I'm buying have people in there now who are fixing the things that I asked to have fixed!  The main thing was the moisture under both toilets.  However, the fixers can't find any kind of leak so they think that the toilets might have some very small cracks...they are both 20 years old, you know, so they're overdue to be replaced.  So, I have to replace them, which is what I'm going to do now. :P But I'll have new toilets!  I have no idea how much toilets cost, but I'll find out very soon.

Later!

And TCB, I think Kevin James is pretty cute. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2006, 07:22:55 PM »

Later!

And TCB, I think Kevin James is pretty cute. ;)

Good, he is all yours, George!
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2006, 07:53:39 PM »

Break a leg tonight!  It's for AMADEUS, if my muddled mind recalls correctly?

My roommate in college was in the original Broadway cast of AMADEUS back in 1980.

He had made his Broadway debut the year before in CRUCIFER OF BLOOD.  As a matter of fact, from what I have read, he has made quite a career of doing CRUCIFER in various theaters.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2006, 07:57:47 PM »

One should always have new toilets - haven't you seen The Conversation?

FJL

« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2006, 08:04:54 PM »

Let's see - any theater notables born on Sept. 19th?  Why, let's check out All That Chat's Today's Birthdays for that day.

Today's Birthdays 9/19
Posted by:    do_re_milla 10:26 pm EDT 09/18/06
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frances Farmer 09/19/1913 - Aug 1, 1970 Wife of Leif Erickson (2/8/36 - 6/12/42) divorced, performer, source material - GOLDEN BOY (Robert Lewis, Elia Kazan); QUIET CITY (music by Aaron Copeland); THUNDER ROCK (Lee J. Cobb); tv's & film's SON OF FURY; Come & Get It; The Party Crashers; Frances Farmer Presents

Rosemary Harris 09/19/1927 performer; mother of Jennifer Ehle, wife of John Ehle (1967 - present), Ellis Rabb (December 4, 1959 - 1967) divorced - THE LION IN WINTER (Robert Walken, Chris Walken); 1966 SCHOOL FOR SCANDAL (Helen Hayes); OLD TIMES (Robert Shaw); PACK OF LIES (Patrick McGoohan [debut], Dana Ivy, Tracey Pollan); tv's & film's Spiderman 1, 2 & 3; Being Julia; Heartbreak House; The Chisholms; The Royal Family; Holocaust; Blithe Spirit

William Hickey 09/19/1928 - Jun 29, 1997 performer; Made Broadway debut as walk-in in Bernard Shaw's SAINT JOAN (1951 production, starring Hagen). His most important contribution to the arts, however, remains his teaching career at the HB Studio in Greenwich Village, founded by Uta Hagen and Herbert Berghof. George Segal, Sandy Dennis, and Barbra Streisand all studied under him. - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WANDA JUNE (Kevin McCarthy, Marsha Mason); MORNING BECOMES ELECTRA (Colleen Dewhurst), 1986 ARSENIC & OLD LACE (Tony Roberts, Jean Stapleton, Abe Vigoda); tv's & film's Prizzi's Honor; Baby Talk; The Name of the Rose; Androcles and the Lion

David McCallum 09/19/1933 performer - THE FLIP SIDE; AMADEUS (David Suchet); tv's THE MAN FROM UNCLE; NCIS

‘Mama’ Cass Elliott (Ellen Naomi Cohen) 9/19/1941 - 7/29/1974 performer, singer: group: The Mamas & The Papas: California Dreamin’, Monday, Monday, Creeque Alley; solo: Dream a Little Dream of Me, Make Your Own Kind of Music; group: The Mugwumps; tv's DR. KILDARE, SMOTHERS BROTHERS

Jeremy Irons 09/19/1948 performer, Husband of Sinéad Cusack (1978 - present), son-in-law of Cyril Cusack; began by busking, and then joined the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School His first break came in the musical Godspell, when he played John the Baptist alongside David Essex. - THE REAL THING (Glenn Close, Christine Baranski, Cynthia Nixon); tv's BRIDESHEAD REVISITED; film's REVERSAL OF FORTUNE; Being Julia; Lolita; Stealing Beauty; The Lion King; The Pallisers; Nijinsky; The French Lieutenant's Woman; Inland Empire

Larry Moore 9/19/1946 - noted orchestrator for theater and recordings - his work has been heard in the Goodspeed Opera productions of OH, KAY! and THE CHOCOLATE SOLDIER, The New York State Theatre Institute's productions of A TALE OF CINDERELLA (also on Videocassette and compact disc) and THE SNOW QUEEN, as well as numerous recordings including the LOST IN BOSTON series, UNSUNG SONDHEIM, SONDHEIM AT THE MOVIES, the UNSUNG MUSICALS series, LIZ CALLAWAY ON AND OFF BROADWAY, and Jason Graae's YOU'RE NEVER FULLY DRESSED WITHOUT A SMILE.

Twiggy (Leslie Hornby) 09/19/1949 performer, wife of Leigh Lawson - MY 1 & ONLY (Tommy Tune, Roscoe Lee Browne & Roscoe's replacement Judd Jones); tv's & film's The Boy Friend; Twiggy; The Blues Brothers; Madame Sousatzka; Young Charlie Chaplin; Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Rex Smith 09/19/1956 performer - PIRATES OF PENZANCE (Kevin Kline, Estelle Parsons, Linda Ronstadt, Alix Korey); Grease; tv's & film's Pirates of Penzance; Sooner Or Later (Judd Hirsch, Barbara Feldon, Morey Amsterdam, Vivian Blaine, Lynn Redgrave); As the World Turns; Pope Dreams

Carolyn McCormick 09/19/1959 performer; wife of Byron Jennings - Dinner Party [replacement]; 2002 Private Lives; tv's & film's Law & Order; Judging Amy; Enemy Mine; Homicide Life On The Street

FJL

« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2006, 08:08:38 PM »

Hmmm...How could Milla not mention that David McCallum was in TIME AND AGAIN?

FJL

« Reply #149 on: September 18, 2006, 08:11:24 PM »

One for Larry...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up