Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: I DRAW THE LINE  (Read 20640 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:I DRAW THE LINE
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2003, 07:37:07 PM »

DR Jay - I forgot to say the other night (day?) that I totally agreed with your assessment of LAST SAMURAI.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2003, 07:42:48 PM »

Sandra: I feel you should get your brother a mutant turtle dove or a hockey puck.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2003, 07:47:51 PM »

DR Andrea - Thanks for cheering me on, but I think I'll stay in and study for my CA written Driver's Test (which I have to take as I've just moved here from CO). It would be just too embarrassing to fail, but I have no idea of what the CA rules of the road are. (Other than drive FAST!)

Actually, it's drive fast.  Drive slow.  Drive fast.  Drive slow.  Drive fast.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2003, 07:50:25 PM »

DR Jay - I forgot to say the other night (day?) that I totally agreed with your assessment of LAST SAMURAI.

Why, thank you, Dear Reader Panni.  Coming from an accomplished writer as yourself, I consider that a major compliment!

Andrea

« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2003, 08:07:28 PM »

Sigh.. Panni...
The very least you could do is take the test tonight and flirt with the instructor... You're just as ravishing as all the other hhw ladies, but you must learn to be a tart, my dear!

Panni

« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2003, 08:20:17 PM »

[Sigh.. Panni...
The very least you could do is take the test tonight and flirt with the instructor... You're just as ravishing as all the other hhw ladies, but you must learn to be a tart, my dear!]

Thanks for the compliment, Andrea.  And I think I have tartness down - nothing left to learn. I'm an apple tart with whipped cream.

Panni

« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2003, 08:22:22 PM »

Did you know you have to signal 100 feet before turning? (Into a frog? A prince?)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2003, 08:23:08 PM »

DR Panni, I guess the movie you're referring to is TOPSY-TURVY. Lots of people loved it. I didn't.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't TRIAL BY JURY only a Sullivan piece and not a Gilbert and Sullivan?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Panni

« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2003, 08:23:43 PM »

I'm doing a sample test and am getting most of it right. Except for the really arcane stuff, it's just what makes sense.

Panni

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2003, 08:26:34 PM »

Thanks for TOPSY-TURVY, Matt H.
No, TRIAL BY JURY was by both. Their first big hit.

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2003, 08:28:09 PM »

Back from my first Christmas dinner/party of the season (another Saturday), and I got quite a few nice DVDs as gifts including GIANT, PRIZZI'S HONOR, YANKEE DOODLE DANDY, ONE TWO THREE, and THE SONG OF BERNADETTE. I'll look foward to watching them soon. (Of course, I'm still plugging away at HATARI which has at least another half hour to do. My lord, that is one LOOOOOOOOONG movie for the story it was telling. Should have been at least 30 minutes shorter.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 08:29:54 PM by Matt H. »

Panni

« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2003, 08:31:28 PM »

Dan-in-Toronto - the best jam for the Ibi recipe is the Globus brand, which used to be available in Toronto, maybe still is. It's from somewhere in Eastern Europe. That's the kind my mother always used. Of course, other brands will do fine.

Jay

« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2003, 08:37:17 PM »

Did you know you have to signal 100 feet before turning? (Into a frog? A prince?)

You do that and you'll be the only person to signal before turning--regardless of distance--in the entire state.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2003, 08:41:49 PM »

Well, it's been a long day here, and I'm off to bed before I nod off at my keyboard. Hope everyone has a good rest of the evening and can return tomorrow ready for more fun posting. Good night.

Andrea

« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2003, 08:43:34 PM »

Thanks for the compliment, Andrea.  And I think I have tartness down - nothing left to learn. I'm an apple tart with whipped cream.

OHHHH!!! Watch out girls, there may be a challenger for the new head tart position!

I myself am a pop-tart because I can not cook, but I have never yet burnt a poptart! (Okay.. maybe once!)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »

I wouldn't go to the costume party as any character from a musical, because I hate costume parties, so I would have stayed home.
That blows our chances of a representative from Oh! Calcutta.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2003, 09:20:19 PM »

Character in a musical for a costume party?  These days, I could do a passable Mayor Shinn.

Der Brucer wants to know if there's been a musical version of The Lion in Winter, so he can come as Henry.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2003, 09:26:35 PM »

Two batches of cookies made today: a batch of those chocolate cookes, and a batch of Toll House, with chocolate chips and rolled oats!  Yummilicious, and they help you stay regular at the same time!

Der Brucer asked if I had used his instant oatmeal, and I told him EEEWWW!  (Peaches and Cream Toll House Cookies?  In chorus now:  EEEWWW!!!)

Jed

« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2003, 09:30:52 PM »

EEEWWW!!!

And on a totally unrelated note, where the hell is DR Ann?  Shouldn't she be here celebrating the end of her undergraduate career???
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 09:32:13 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2003, 09:36:56 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

Tomovoz

« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2003, 09:41:14 PM »

If DR Ann is indeed celebrating it is IMHO an excuse for not being here. Congratulations to all those finishing and who have finished their academic year. The marking of final papers is something else I certainly do not miss.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2003, 09:44:42 PM »

Oh, I certainly agree, Tom.  If Ann were out celebrating, it would be a wonderful excuse.  But... I just found out she's working.  Wow, she needs to learn to celebrate! :D

Panni

« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2003, 09:52:21 PM »

Studying is sort of fun. Now all I have to do is get the girls on my floor to order a midnight pizza. ...Ooops, I've just traveled back in time.

Tomovoz

« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2003, 09:55:40 PM »

"now all I have to do is get the girls on my floor"
For a moment I thought I was still reading Jed's post.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2003, 09:58:14 PM »

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Thank you for that, Tom. :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2003, 10:01:21 PM »

It is taken me hours to wake up to TCB's "Alone Again Naturally" comment. I just assumed he was alone on the board. Dumb!  "Ooh Wack a Doo" is all I can say in my defence.
James Thurber 1957

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2003, 10:42:23 PM »

Sigh.. Panni...
The very least you could do is take the test tonight and flirt with the instructor... You're just as ravishing as all the other hhw ladies, but you must learn to be a tart, my dear!

Panni, I highly recomment that you enroll in Miss Emily's School of Tarts, at once.  It is the most prestigious finishing school for tarts, flirts, and coquettes.  Excellent training....Andrea is always at the head of the class.  ;)

Jay--thank you for the Girl With a Pearl Earring review.  That film is definitely on my must-see list right now.  Scarlett Johanssen is awesome.    

And now I must study for my math exam.  Good vibes at 10 am tomorrow morning from early risers would be VERY appreciated!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2003, 10:52:58 PM »

Good evening.

Good show.  OH, and we collected - well, the very generous audience donated over $2,500 dollars for our holiday fundraising drive.  That's a great "take" - especially for a theatre that only holds 800 people, and for a Tuesday night!  Let's hope the "spirit" continues throughout the week.  We're off tomorrow, so I headed back to Richmond tonight... nice to be back in my very comfortable bed again!

Well, that's all for me right now.  I need to get some sleep - I want to have another long day tomorrow, which means not sleeping in until 11:30 again...

Bonne nuit!

Oh, DR SWW - EEEEEWWWW!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2003, 11:19:06 PM »

Congratulations DR Ann. It must be a wonderful feeling - I can't remember (but then I can't remember lots of things).
James Thurber 1957

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2003, 11:27:45 PM »

I'm here everyone!!!  Well...the few and proud that are still up at this hour.  DR Jed was right, I was indeed working...not exactly the best way to celebrate my being done, but oh well.  On that note...
IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE DONE!!!!!!!!!!
True I'll probably wind up back in school at grad school in a year or two...but right now I'm celebrating my freedom
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up