Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: GOING TO THE WELL  (Read 23602 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:GOING TO THE WELL
« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

My publisher is trying to figure out why amazon has added a "sourcing fee" to the latest book - it makes the hardcover cost $44.10!  

AND THE PAPERBACK IS $23.45.

Barnes & Noble - on line - offers them at $27.99/!15.99.
Borders on-line links through Amazon and uses Amazon pricing.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

jhvw

« Reply #181 on: October 04, 2006, 11:25:13 PM »

I just wanted to say thank you for all the travel vibes, made it to new york and have had a wonderful time so far. Looking forward to the walk through central park tomorrow. Jose showed me some pretty cool places around town, he's a great guy. Good vibes to everybody!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #182 on: October 04, 2006, 11:56:25 PM »

I literally just now actually realized that not only am I going to move (since I just bought a condo), but that I actually NEED TO MOVE!! :o WHAT IN HELL AM I WAITING FOR?? ;)

Tomorrow, I'm going to call to have the carpet cleaned, but the first two floors only...the top floor looks good.  I'll also need to call to have the utilities put in my name:  water, power, cable.  And then, I'll start moving stuff this weekend.  AND take a bit o' time to meet DRs Tomovoz and Colin!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2006, 12:17:41 AM »

Good Morning!

No new notes yet?

Hmm...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2006, 12:24:29 AM »

Well... after waiting about 20 minutes for the A Train back uptown, I'm now back uptown.  However, before I caught the train, I was able to spend some time showing DR jhvw around midtown for a bit.   And since he was working Spamalot tonight former-but-soon-to-return-he-promises DR Jason joined us for a bit.

As DR Cillaliz mentioned, there was quite the torrential downpour, and, yes, we did get caught in it.  We just went from awning to awning, until the rain died down a little bit until we ended up over at Don't Tell Mama.

After hanging out there for a bit, Jason headed home, and I took Jon up to Renaissance Diner to get some food in his stomach.  -The bartender was being very generous at Don't Tell Mama tonight.  ;)  After devouring a plate of sweet potato fries, we then headed around the corner to Therapy.  Alas, it did look like the rain kept everybody home - or it was most likely the reunion show of "Project Runway" - so it was a bit dead, but still, in retrospect it was a good way to get introduced to one of the various "special interest establishments" in NYC.  ;)

Then it was back to the Milford Plaza for Jon, and uptown for me.  -See you in a couple of hours, Jon!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up