Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: MY FERSHLUGANAH TRUE LOVE  (Read 20358 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:MY FERSHLUGANAH TRUE LOVE
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2003, 10:57:01 PM »

All this talk of food is making me hungry. But I really shouldn't eat so late.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2003, 10:57:51 PM »

Thank you, Tomovoz. Being called "Full Member Panni" somehow makes me I feel like Jane Russell. I'd actually like to change my name on this here site, but it would be confusing to the other DR's. "Panni" makes me feel about 7 years old - 'cause that's what I was called as a child in Hungary. When I first posted here, I didn't think it was something I'd keep doing, so it didn't matter. But now it's really really strange having "Panni" pop up on my English-speaking adult life.

Dear Hainsie/Kimlet-Soon-To-Be-Formerly-Known-As-Panni, you could start by changing your screen name to a transitional name, such as "Anna (formerly known as Panni)" then after a bit of time, drop the "(formerly known as Panni)" part.  How's that for a solution?  That way the change isn't cold turkey.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 11:04:36 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2003, 10:59:06 PM »

Now there is record everyone should have in their collection: the Big Bopper's "Purple People Eater Meets The Witch Doctor". (also recorded by Joe South). just a reminder that this site is so often educational and full of MUST KNOW facts.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2003, 10:59:44 PM »

Good idea, DR George. I'll probably wait until the New Year and make the grand transition then.

Tomovoz

« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2003, 11:01:21 PM »

It might be time to go back to "Panni". I now prefer the familiar/diminutive "Tommy" when it is used by special people. I have avoided it for years and have been Thomas for the last few decades.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2003, 11:02:17 PM »

I could call myself "The Artist Formerly Known as Panni"....

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2003, 11:02:59 PM »

Yes, JoseSPiano, I like Liptauer. Haven't had it in ages, though.

I'm not sure what that is.  But my doctor will tell you my body likes Lipitor.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jason

« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2003, 11:03:07 PM »

I can't write much tonight...I'm absolutely exhausted. I left my apartment to go to the Met at 9:00 this morning and I got home about half an hour ago (1:30) and I'm about to collapse.

Today during the dress rehearsal of THE MERRY WIDOW, Ms. Barbara Cook had an opportunity to run though her New Year's Eve set...it was very exciting to get to hear her do "Losing My Mind" and "On a Clear Day" and the other two numbers, but this is supposed to be a New Year's celebration and she's singing all torch songs and ballads! She was wonderful, but very anti-climatic.

Then there was LA JUIVE (the final performance for this season) and the firing. Yes, I said the firing. Not mine, of course--that would be unseemly--but the firing of a very unseemly crazy woman who worked in the coat check. My friend and I were present for the firing, and it was quite an uncomfortable moment, I will tell you. As the woman was walking out, my boss simply said to her, "You understand what I told you upstairs? Tonight is your last night at the Metropolitan Opera." She had a blank stare on her face and just said, "You're a piece of work...Besides, I've already spoken to the House Manager." We'll see what happens...she has a history of suing those who have fired her.

Anywho, I'm off to bed now. I have to work another double tomorrow, but I'll post tomorrow evening.

'NIGHT!

Panni

« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2003, 11:08:47 PM »

Tomovoz, you wouldn't believe how many names I've had!  My mother remarried a year after my father died. So at age 6 I suddenly had to take a different last name - even though he never actually adopted me. Had no choice in the matter. Then when we came to Canada, I was suddenly "Anna" - a name I had not heard spoken my entire life. Then, after my stepfather died, I went back to my original surname, which had been my legal name, anyway all along. Then, when I started acting professionally, I tried all sorts of different names. AND my middle name is another matter. I never use it, but it exists ("Maria") Anna Maria. A nice name for a Jewish girl!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 11:10:40 PM by Panni »

Tomovoz

« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2003, 11:10:37 PM »

I have to write it. How do you solve a problem like it? (Maria)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 11:11:23 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2003, 11:12:40 PM »

Of course you had to write it, Tomovoz!

Panni

« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2003, 11:13:46 PM »

And you didn't have to "Modify" to add Maria. We all knew, I'm sure.

Panni

« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2003, 11:16:59 PM »

I forgot to mention that all the surnames in our family are "Hungarianized" versions of more Jewish-sounding names (I don't even know most of them.) So it's all a house of cards, m'dears. Nothing is real. It's all an illusion. Just call me Hortense or Ludmilla or Gerturde... Same difference.  (Although "Gerturde" is an interesting name - I meant Gertrude.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 11:20:06 PM by Panni »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2003, 11:23:21 PM »

I started the cleanup of the home environment this evening.  My house is always neat but whilst writing each Kritzer Book at my kitchen table, the surrounding walls and floor became inundated with various and sundried stacks of papers and magazines and books.  I have now boxed them all up and will take them to storage tomorrow and then the kitchen will once again be tidy as a titmouse.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2003, 11:24:00 PM »

And blow me over with a vacuum cleaner if we didn't have a posting frenzy whilst I was boxing and tossing, not necessarily in that order.

Panni

« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2003, 11:26:40 PM »

So now that you've boxed and tossed, bk, I'll repeat my earlier question: Does your darling daughter who very much resembled her daddy at age two, still resemble you?

Tomovoz

« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2003, 11:27:58 PM »

I didn't think anyone would notice the modification Panni! There had been a post beween (now removed) so the reference  was not at that time sequential.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2003, 11:30:18 PM »

Well... Now I'm going to bed.. I'm going to need my rest if I'm going to fight over the last TV on sale at Hecht's tomorrow!...  And I have my coupons too!

*Actually, if I buy anything at Hecht's it will be a cake pan - probably the fleur-de-lys or star-bundt pans - and with the coupons! ;)  And there this very nice shirt I've been drooling over at Talbot's - I think it may turn out to be my Christmas present to myself this year.  Even before it will undoubtedly get marked down.

Until then... whenever then turns out to be...

Goodnight.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 11:32:44 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2003, 11:33:19 PM »

Good-night, all. It's been fun cyber-chatting.

Tomovoz

« Reply #169 on: December 19, 2003, 11:39:44 PM »

Good night all. (and sundried of course)
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: December 19, 2003, 11:43:43 PM »

The darling daughter still looks like that photo so if you think she looks like me then yes.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2003, 11:50:17 PM »

I just watched the end of "For Me and My Gal" with Judy Garland and Gene Kelly on PBS.  I'd never seen it before (and I was only able to see the last 45 minutes of it) but I loved what I did see.

It's about 11:50 pm now on the left coast and I must sleep.  I have to get up at 6:00 am and need what little sleep I can get.  So, goodnight all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up