Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: SWANS WITHOUT WATER  (Read 20413 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:SWANS WITHOUT WATER
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2003, 11:47:02 PM »

Thanks, bk...  However, I do notice Laura II currently lurking/reading... Maybe I'll have another answer shortly...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 11:47:30 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2003, 11:53:10 PM »

Ooooh.... And I keep meaning to post (again) about the whole "12 Days of Christmas" song (again)...

I remember a few years ago trying to put together a small carolling book for a group.  Since there are always songs in one book that are not in another, we were compiling our own from various sources.  Well, when it came time for "The 12 Days of Christmas", we found at least four(!) different versions.  One had only "nine ladies dancing", while one had "nine lords a leaping".  Another had "ten drummers drumming", while the other one had "eleven drummers drumming".  -You get the picture.  We just kept singing each version over and over to see which one seemed the most familiary to our ears and brain.

*Oh, and just last night, the local public radio station played a song called, "The 12 Steps of Christmas".  I need to find that recording!  Made me laugh out loud.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2003, 11:53:49 PM »

Yeah!!  We're on Page 6 now!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2003, 11:58:21 PM »

Yes, I'm a postin' fool tonight.  A big ole typin', quippin', postin' fool!

-Yes, my body knows that the only "obligation" tomorrow is to be at the theatre by 6:45PM for the fight call to play "Guenevere".  -Late?  Early?  -Does it really matter? ;)

OHHH!!! - And what a difference a new second violinist can make!  And, as it turned it, the old, bad-attitude-y one went ahead an quit this morning when the contractor called to fire him, so we had the "sub" in for the matinee too!  It was so nice not having to deflect all the negative energy.  I was quite giddy, actually.  -Of course, that could have been from the packet of Emergen-C I had taken before the show.  =8-)
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2003, 12:01:17 AM »

I was last to post last night. Will it happen again tonight? I need to get some sleep. Tomorrow I take my written CA Drivers Test. Must have what's left of my wits about me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2003, 12:01:41 AM »

Funniest "Twelve Days Of Christmas" I have heard is by Irishman Frank Kelly. It is a favourite in the land of OZ. It's called "The Christmas Countdown".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up