Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTHING  (Read 32399 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:NOTHING
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2006, 07:56:19 AM »

I'm heading down now to continue programming the new universal remote. I really enjoyed doing everything with one remote last night. Now, I want to eliminate as much as possible multiple button pushes.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2006, 07:58:37 AM »

Page Two "Beautiful Briny Sea" Dance!!!

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2006, 08:06:27 AM »

When I got to work people were down around the creek trying to catch the little black cat

And they were singing: "And I won't go home without my little black cat, my little black cat"!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2006, 08:15:36 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!

...I was looking for reviews of a community theatre production and I believe DR Ginny was helping me
  As the dream was turning quite frightening, I woke up...

...that must have been what I was running from in my dream - I got turned around on the NYC subway, then took a bus, and ended up getting a cell phone call from our friends Doug & Jon, wondering where I was - then I woke up.

That dream was in the midst of sleeping almost around the clock.  I have not fully recovered from the glorious week in New York - had to work a full, 5-day week before getting this 3-day weekend to relax.

My favorite joke is the one that our son told at his day-camp talent show, about 15 years ago:  What does a pig put on his sunburn?

OINKment!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2006, 08:15:36 AM »

We can tell that Edisaurus has read BK's new book. That now makes at least three of us. BK will be pleased.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2006, 09:01:04 AM »

Good morning all!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2006, 09:02:16 AM »

Speaking of cats, something awful happened at work yesterday. Some woman released her cat on the property at the post house where I usually work. A friend who works there who is a major cat lover caught her right after she had done this and confronted her. The cat abandoner said she "didn't realize that this property belonged to anyone"--like what she was doing would have been OK if it wasn't owned! This cat had been through a fight and had a lot of shaved spots where it had been stitched up and the woman's explanation was that she "couldn't afford" the cat anymore. My friend asked her why she didn't take it to a shelter and she said that a shelter would kill the cat! (Never mind that there are several no-kill shelters in town---that's where I got my two black and whites.)

There are already 3 feral cats that we take care of at this place, they are all fixed and we feed them. So we can't even put food out for "Stitch" because the other cats wouldn't let her near it and might attack her. She might even have feline hepatitis or something else she could give the post house cats...they're disease free and get vaccinations.

When I got to work people were down around the creek trying to catch the little black cat but the terrain was so steep that it was hard to move around much less catch a cat. And now it's very cold  here at night, so this woman who wanted to "save" the cat by releasing it probably gave her a death sentence. Argh. OK...I beat BK to the rant but I had to vent to the cat lovers here!

That sounds awful.  I don't understand why people don't take their cats to shelters... they don't want to fill out a form? they don't have 30 minutes? they feel ashamed?  Abandoning them is so much worse.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2006, 09:02:59 AM »

TOD: Knock Knock

Who's there?

Impatient cow.

Impatient cow wh--MOOOOOO!

I'm guessing you've seen Half Nelson...

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2006, 09:07:04 AM »

Hi, DR TPunk - you've been missed here!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2006, 09:15:34 AM »

Hi, DR TPunk - you've been missed here!

Well thank you.  I will probably continue to be a sporadic poster for a while.  I'm "working through some things" as they say, or do they say? At any rate I will be around when I can.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2006, 09:15:54 AM »

I took some pictures of my new office to share with everyone.

Edisaurus

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2006, 09:15:58 AM »

I'm guessing you've seen Half Nelson...

No, I haven't. Did the Nelson Twins break up?  :)

I heard that from Greg. He's like the scout ant who goes out on shoots and returns with jokes, film and restaurant recommendations and gossip.

I stay locked in a dark room, honing my craft. Like a sniper.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2006, 09:16:21 AM »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2006, 09:17:02 AM »

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2006, 09:19:34 AM »

Oooo, DR TPunk, I love the rug in your office!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2006, 09:19:37 AM »

My door has a mini basketball hoop!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2006, 09:20:22 AM »

gotta get ready to go- more pictures soon!

FJL

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2006, 09:21:48 AM »

A sporadic Welcome back to TPunk.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2006, 10:04:39 AM »

If folks have finished books, folks should go to amazon and write about them, please.  Poor Jrand is alone in the wilderness there, so alone that his review is up twice.

I slept quite well, but now must get ready to go over to the Courts show because I must have my day in Courts.  We don't allow groaning here at haineshisway.com.

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2006, 10:18:03 AM »

Heigh Ho, the glamorous life - DH Richard and I are off to Sam's Club, where we must stock up on household paper goods and such.  Back later, in time for the 8pm EDT Michigan/Penn State kick-off!

Bye for now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2006, 10:24:32 AM »

It looks like it's rained, but lightly.  

Edisaurus

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2006, 11:13:12 AM »

If folks have finished books, folks should go to amazon and write about them, please.

Fait accompli! Now may I play my cross-hands piece?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2006, 11:14:50 AM »

Don't dawdle, Amaryllis.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2006, 11:15:08 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the Courts show, after which I shall return.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2006, 11:18:44 AM »

You must all go read edisaurus' wonderfully-written review at amazon - I'D buy the book after reading that review and Jrand's!!!

FJL

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2006, 11:22:48 AM »

BK - Have I somehow gotten dinged by your spam filter?  An email i sent you got marked as "ignored."

Edisaurus

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2006, 11:23:02 AM »

You must all go read edisaurus' wonderfully-written review at amazon - I'D buy the book after reading that review and Jrand's!!!

Good---at least I'm accomplishing something besides avoiding work!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 11:23:57 AM by Edisaurus »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2006, 11:29:34 AM »

Hmmmm, now I have to think.  

Don't you hate it when that happens??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2006, 11:31:58 AM »

I have the same concerns, George, and I will be moving 4 cats! My plan is very similar to yours; I think we will try to move everything but the bedroom furniture and do that last, and have everything pretty much in place before we bring them to the new house so they'll feel at home and so they have less chances to run out if we're moving something in. (Two are shelter cats and have never lived outdoors.)

I wasn't sure if she should be moved first or last.  Maybe last would be better.  I just don't know.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2006, 11:32:28 AM »

My favorite joke is one that most people know, so I won't repeat it unless someone hasn't heard it, because it's a long story and I'm too tired to type it. But it involves a pig with a wooden leg.

I can honestly say that I've never heard a joke that involves a pig with a wooden leg.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up