Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LIVE FROM TOWN HALL  (Read 20536 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:LIVE FROM TOWN HALL
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2006, 08:15:30 PM »

THE AMAZING RACE is on tonight, and CBS seems to be on track, time wise.

I don't think they were on time. When I checked a little after 8, 60 MINUTES still seemed to be on, so I set the DVR to record the next show in line on the local CBS affiliate which goes until 11:35. That should insure that I get both COLD CASE and WITHOUT A TRACE.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2006, 08:18:26 PM »

No, one of them can fly.  The other, his brother, can absorb and duplicate other's abilities for limited periods of time.

Oh, der B already posted about this.  Like minds.

This is correct. He seems to be able to parrot their abilities as long as he is in the other's vicinity. I'm not sure he's figured that out yet, however.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 08:20:00 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2006, 08:19:03 PM »

Put me down as another who finds THE MONOLITH MONSTERS a great guilty pleasure.

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2006, 08:20:46 PM »

I watched the season two finale of GREY'S ANATOMY tonight just to get the evening underway. It's always good for a cry or three. It didn't let me down.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2006, 08:21:31 PM »

Next, I watched THE MIRACLE WORKER. bk mentioned it a few weeks ago, and I had been meaning to rewatch it, too, so I did this afternoon. As great as I remembered it being.

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2006, 08:23:05 PM »

I then watched episode 4 from the CSI: NY first season boxed set. This episode involved the discovery of a skeleton which had been dressed in clothes and placed on a bus to ride around until someone discovered it. I had seen the episode a couple of times, but I really had no memory of how the story resolved itself. Entertaining episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2006, 08:26:18 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES had the annoying and oh-so-obvious Nora back this week (her absence last week had given me hope she was gone; no such luck. Looks like she's in for the long haul.) Thus, the Lynette storyline was once again dreary and uninteresting.

I enjoyed Bree's creative ways of handling her problem with Danielle.

Susan's story has intrigued me. She obviously still cares about Mike, but once Ian comes calling again, howlong will her resolve last?

Gabby and Carlos - how much longer can the War of the Roses go on?

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2006, 08:27:55 PM »

Enjoyed BROTHERS & SISTERS. Well, with two male-male kisses shown, of course I found that unusual for network TV. And I'm getting fond of all the characters enough to want to know what's happening in their lives plus the added problem of the retirement fund money at the company that's got to be replaced.

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2006, 08:29:50 PM »

I'm probably going to start on the boxed set of THE BOOK OF DANIEL tomorrow. Since NBC only aired a few episodes (and skipped some along the way), many of these episodes I will not have seen. I really liked the show the short time it aired, so I'm hoping the episodes in the set will live up to the few I saw.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2006, 08:31:50 PM »

Well, time for some dinner and maybe a viewing of Russ Meyer's film MUDHONEY!
Am I the only one who taped them? Come on you fans of the "lurid"...I mean you JRand and Edisaurus!

The &$#@ cable company has made it impossible to record anything with my new HD cable box unless I buy their Tivo-type thingy which bugs me, so I don't think I will be recording anything in the near future until I get over it. Damn you to hell, Comcast®!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2006, 08:34:49 PM »

I can tell you in one word................ HEIDI.

Precisely. The Heidi Bowl.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2006, 08:36:40 PM »

The &$#@ cable company has made it impossible to record anything with my new HD cable box unless I buy their Tivo-type thingy which bugs me, so I don't think I will be recording anything in the near future until I get over it. Damn you to hell, Comcast®!

What media do you normally record on? Videotape? DVD-R, a hard drive, a DVD-RW or DVD-RAM?

My DVD recorder allows me to record even high definition broadcasts, but because it's recording in standard definition, it slaps letterbox bars above and below the image.

FJL

« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2006, 08:36:59 PM »

Back from my parents' anniversary celebration.  We ate and ate until we couldn't eat any more, then we stopped eating and got the leftovers wrapped up for addiitonal meals.  My parents have raved about the Floridian for years, and we all figured how could could a diner be, but this was a real treat.  (Although it is indeed a diner in Brooklyn at Manhattan prices.)

Edisaurus

« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2006, 08:38:05 PM »

Yup - and the music for both "Toy Story" movies.

And for you show fans:

his concept album for the Musical (with Linda Ronstadt, Don Henley, James Taylor, Elton John, Bonnie Raitt.)

der Brucer

I love that album, even though it contains odds and ends like songs from "Cop Rock" stitched together with a lame attempt at a storyline. The humor is very dark, which pleases me.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2006, 08:39:01 PM »

I guess I'll head downstairs for bed now. I can't expect I'll get nine hours like last night, but I don't mind trying!

Good night!

Edisaurus

« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2006, 08:57:01 PM »

I have One Dollar DVD version of David Copperfield that stars Robin Phillips, Richard Attenborough, and Laurence Olivier.

That's the made-for-tv one from the 70's. Cheesey production values but a great cast! In addition to the above, there's Ron Moody as Uriah Heep, Cyril Cusack as Barkis and Ralph Richardson as a very endearing as Micawber.

That was one disappointing sell-out in the TNT version: Michael Richards' slapstick Micawber. Cringeworthy. Sally Field was also annoying at Aunt Betsy. Why did they feel the need to yuck it up?
They did get it right with casting Anthony Andrews as the menacing Murdstone (love that name!) and the actor who played Uriah Heep---he was perfect, as was Paul Bettany. And they filmed much of it at one of my favorite spots in Ireland: Powerscourt Gardens.

I couldn't stand the character of David's first wife Dora in the 70's version. I knew she was going to die in the film and couldn't wait until they killed her off!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2006, 08:59:47 PM »

... Jeanne Bice is selling her Quackers clothes ...

Gee, I thought she was a Methodist.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2006, 09:07:25 PM »

What media do you normally record on? Videotape? DVD-R, a hard drive, a DVD-RW or DVD-RAM?
My DVD recorder allows me to record even high definition broadcasts, but because it's recording in standard definition, it slaps letterbox bars above and below the image.

Apparently, I have mistakenly bitch-slapped comcast when we're just lacking a particular cable, according to my better half, who wil hook it up when he gets around to it. And here I thought I had my own in-house AV Geek!

FJL

« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

CORA CRINGEWORTHY - that's the title of my new Dickensian novel about actors forced to work under unacceptably muggy condiitons

DERBRUCER

« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2006, 09:17:53 PM »

The &$#@ cable company has made it impossible to record anything with my new HD cable box unless I buy their Tivo-type thingy which bugs me,

A. You should be able to use your "Guide" button, select a future show, press Select, then choose "Set VCR Timer" which will automatically change you channel to the show at the proper time.

B. You shoudn't have to "buy" their Tivo type thingy- it is a DVR variant of your control box which costs just a few bucks a month to rent - and you can tape one show while watching another!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2006, 09:20:10 PM »

The DVR that ComCast supplies with their HD Control Box records in HD (I think) - it sure looks like it!.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2006, 09:22:09 PM »

... my better half, who wil hook it up when he gets around to it...

"It's so nice to have a man around the house..."

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2006, 09:24:56 PM »

The humor is very dark, which pleases me.

Hmmm....Georgia lass takes pleasure from dark things - sounds like "Mandingo!".

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2006, 09:35:42 PM »

I'm sleeeeeeeeepy.  I think I'll take a nice hot shower, then post the notes, then go to sleeeeeep.  I have a ten o'clock meeting, then have to do stuff before the rehearsal, and then have to go to that release partay.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2006, 09:41:03 PM »

Ooh, I hadn't caught on that that was his power- where else did you pick up on that other than with his brother?  

HEROES

Peter tells Suresh that he only flew when he was around his brother, and that he drew the future when he was around Isaac. Peter theorizes that he can only do these things when he's around other people with special abilities. To prove it, Peter and Suresh head to Isaac's studio.

der Brucer

Edisaurus

« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2006, 09:41:58 PM »

Hmmm....Georgia lass takes pleasure from dark things - sounds like "Mandingo!".
der Brucer

Take me, Mandingo!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2006, 09:45:19 PM »

DR Pogue, Ritch and I acted together in the mid-1970s.  He, his girlfriend at the time, and I saw THE LAST TANGO IN PARIS together, as I recall.  I like him a lot, and I hope he's well and happy.

One of our cast ended up as a celebrated writer, Anderson Farrell, one left the biz and became a millionaire selling real estate and living on Beekman Place.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »

Ooops - sorry 'bout that!
LA TIMES: FOR THE RECORD:
Priest admits fondling: An article in Friday's Section A about a priest admitting fondling former Rep. Mark Foley as a boy appeared with a photo of a man identified as the priest, Father Anthony Mercieca. The Sarasota Herald-Tribune, which was the source of the photo, says it was not of Mercieca but of a librarian taken from the Gozo Cathedral Public Library website.

Gay Republicans: An article in Section A on Wednesday about friction in the Republican Party between gays and religious conservatives said Sen. George Allen (R-Va.) had a campaign manager who is gay. The Allen staff member who is gay is his communications director.

Sure hope both the Librarian and the campaign manager and their friends and families have a sense of humor!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2006, 09:51:51 PM »

I don't think they were on time. When I checked a little after 8, 60 MINUTES still seemed to be on, so I set the DVR to record the next show in line on the local CBS affiliate which goes until 11:35. That should insure that I get both COLD CASE and WITHOUT A TRACE.

Strange...I set my DVR for 8 and it picked up Cold Case on Time.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2006, 10:01:11 PM »

Take me, Mandingo!

If you liked:

You'd like:

Same creative team -

Luridly Yours,

der Brucer

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up