Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG MONDAY  (Read 20349 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE BIG MONDAY
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2006, 03:04:52 PM »

WBBL
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2006, 03:06:04 PM »

Book lovers alert:  if any of you belong to the History Book Club, they are having an incredible deal right now--every last one of their books is $9.99, plus if you spend over $20, you get $1.99 flat rate shipping.  I have gone absolutely nuts and gotten a ton of great stuff (and like all the BOMC clubs, you're getting publishers' editions, not book club knockoffs).  Stuff like the Columbia Encyclopedia (list price $125) or a compendium of every drawing and sculpture by Michaelangelo (again, $125) for a mere $9.99.

Also, if any NW denizens perchance have the major "one stop shopping" major retailer's credit card that just started up, if you've gotten your first bill, could you drop me a line?  There's a very interesting anomaly that I don't want to post publicly; suffice it to say, when they say it has "rewards," they're not a-kidding.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2006, 03:06:26 PM »

Page Five Dance:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]FRENZY!!!!!!![/move]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 05:07:29 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

td

• td
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2006, 03:50:44 PM »

I'm back!
What a swell time I had!
Will post lots of pictures (on photobucket.com, of course) after I've had a hot, steaming whirlpool bath and several pots of coffee. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2006, 04:15:49 PM »

I am still awaiting information about DR td's unexpected encounter.

Great links, news stories, AND photos from DR CP.  And if MR BK is going to Kentucky, he can always spend an hour or two at the World of Wisdom Bookstore signing some books!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2006, 04:16:05 PM »

Indianapolis is in the neighborhood of Kentucky.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2006, 04:25:34 PM »

S. Woody White - Come Home!

Come Home, S. Woody!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:29:19 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2006, 04:27:31 PM »

All those posts about Pogue's underpants...and nary a link to a site where some inexplicably besotted person might purchase a pair.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2006, 04:50:52 PM »

All those posts about Pogue's underpants...and nary a link to a site where some inexplicably besotted person might purchase a pair.

Vincent from Pwoject Wunway is working on the design.  ::)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2006, 05:18:31 PM »

TOD: Most awful trip - my DS was ill when we left and was ill the entire trip. We took him to two doctors during the trip. We found out later he had pneumonia.

Scariest trip - My DH took me up in a two-seat Cessna. I was scared to death.

Most painful trip -- I had a sinus infection. We took off and landed four times (Southwest Airlines), but saved a lot of money. It felt like ice picks in my head.

Most stressful trip (besides the two-seater) -- I was visiting MIL in Indiana when the kids called saying they found my mother passed away in her home. I was very stressed getting back, and was thoroughly wanded and searched at the airport, since I bought a one-way ticket home.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2006, 05:36:54 PM »

For a surprise start to the photographic journey!

Bear #1 is "T'onto".  He may look like a golf player from Ireland but when questioned he thought Tiger Woods was a character from "Peter Pan" and he has more of a Brooklyn accent than an Irish Brogue.

Bear #2 is "Miguel". San Francisco Rainbow Bear. Stange that he still has an accent from El Paso. He claims to know the way to San Jose.  He is quite well known in certain Bars of special interest.

Bear ## is "Bro". He looks like a Bear with attitude but his name comes from being part of the Brotherhood of Mann. He is, despite being "Da Bear In Da Hood", quite a charmer but does have some rather strange conversation twists. He seems to be more at home with "American girl" and "Toys R Us" than with Rap Concerts. He claims to know someone quite important - "Victoria Elizabeth" from the Island of Long.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2006, 05:38:55 PM »

Celebrity spotting in the Rodeo Drive area.

Screen Writer of numerous names and visiting Pastel artist Colin.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2006, 05:40:16 PM »

I Am Not a Number!

I Am a Free Man!!!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2006, 05:49:06 PM »

The Inside...

...Is Bigger...

...Than the Outside!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 05:50:10 PM by S. Woody White »

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2006, 05:57:35 PM »

Good afternoon DRs, and Esteemed BK --

this is a follow-up to TOD:

Best trips:  Any number of vacation trips with DP Kerry to places like Paris, Nice, Rome, London, the Carribean, Australia, and others.  Many of them cruise vacations (on a ship Jose !!), and some airline trips.  Kerry has a knack for walking around neighborhoods, and stumbling upon interesting shops or restaurants.

Also, once I was on a return cruise from Australia to the U.S., and when the ship called in at Tonga, who got on board but Mr. Robert Morley and his wife.  I ended up being invited to a couple of social things that they threw, and he was an absolute charmer and very friendly.

Michael

« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2006, 06:04:26 PM »

I think S Woody White has had way too much coffee.
Never stop dreaming.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2006, 06:10:08 PM »

I think S Woody White has had way too much coffee.

Or...he's letting off steam...or just having a good time.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2006, 06:10:59 PM »

For a good time...

...call S. Woody!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2006, 06:11:42 PM »

Everybody is a star...

....in some galaxy or other.

Some folks are their own galaxy!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2006, 06:12:47 PM »

It has been a most unusual day.  

The  chiropractor was unusually cheerful this morning as he made a series of adjustments.

I'm both better-aligned and a bit sorish, as a result of the manipulations.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2006, 06:13:49 PM »

I will say this:  I have been in a significantly better mood lately than I've experienced in the past 15 years.

Everything old seems new again...and that's no mean feat!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2006, 06:14:42 PM »

I'm misaligned and sore-ish due to spending 9 solid hours doing heavy yard work. Ouch all over!

But I am still able to proclaim that I think DR Pogue is the handsomest man in "Underpants".
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2006, 06:15:01 PM »

Thanks to S. Woody, I feel free to continue this line of maxims:

Everything old is new again!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2006, 06:15:43 PM »

Everyone performing tonight and in the future:

Break a leg!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2006, 06:18:14 PM »

Everything old is new again!

Except my body. Ouch.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2006, 06:23:27 PM »

My worst trip was the return trip from Portland, ME. It started when we were at the airport in Portland and they needed a mechanic to fix something...a lightbulb or something simple, but the only mechanic lived 30 miles away and was still sleeping so we had to wait while they called woke him and he drove to the airport.  I missed my connection in Chicago, finally got on a plane to Sioux Falls, we started smelling something funny, the plane turned around and the pilot announced we'd be returning to O'Hare because of smoke in the plane. When we approached the airport, there were firetrucks, ambulances etc and there were no other planes around that runway.  

We landed fine and United brought in another plane and offered us $20 off our next flight on United...(gee isn't that generous) We got on another plane and on the way I can't remember what happened, but a woman was so frightened that she bit her tongue almost in half and they had to have an ambulance waiting for her at the airport when we landed.

I had a cough for several weeks from the smoke or whatever it was on the plane.

Tomovoz

« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2006, 06:23:34 PM »

Sorry it's late.

Happy Birthday.
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2006, 06:24:34 PM »

I am still awaiting information about DR td's unexpected encounter.

Like an unexpected song. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

I had another flight on Republic, the old prop planes. It was really snowy and as we hit the runway in a small town (with a huge bump) the lights went out and the guy next to me dug his fingernails into my arm and then was very embarrassed when it turned out everything was ok

Tomovoz

« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2006, 06:26:14 PM »

I'm late for this too!

Welcome to all new DRs.  Greetings, get well vibes and birthday wishes where appropriate.
If I go on holiday, the internet is not a "must do" for me.

James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up