Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHADOW KNOWS  (Read 47898 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE SHADOW KNOWS
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2006, 04:19:56 PM »

I found a cat toy under a cabinet last night.

Sigh.

I spent a few moments "missing" my Vickie.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2006, 04:20:10 PM »

Cats do this, too.

And they're a VERY sociable lot.
But I've never seen a dog lick a cat, or vice versa.

Not that it couldn't happen.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2006, 04:25:05 PM »

Well, all the kids I'm expecting have been here. I wasn't sure my interpreter would bring her kids, we haven't really been getting along, but she lives a block away and I told her I'd have candy tonight, so they came. I'm glad, actually. Guess I'll start my diet after I eat the whoppers, dots, m&ms and snickers

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2006, 04:26:17 PM »

I've seen dogs and cats lick each other on the head or back of the neck, but not anywhere unmentionable on a family site

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2006, 04:27:13 PM »

Oh the last one's were the little mermaid, a pirate and pooh bear was in the stroller

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2006, 04:27:37 PM »

[size=20]DELETE THE CHEERLEADER....   DELETE THE WORLD!!![/size]

Hey, I think those glasses make Jack Coleman woofy!

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2006, 04:31:06 PM »

TOD - my parents never paid any attention to what I watched. When I was little, The Birds really scared me, In Cold Blood kept me up for lots of nights because our house was at the end of a long driveway and I kept thinking people were going to come and kill us.  Actually what scared me as much as anything were the flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz, I used to cover my eyes until that part was over.

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2006, 04:39:12 PM »

I'm trying to think if I've seen scary movie lately....hmmm don't remember.

Blair Witch may have been scary to me if I hadn't heard all the hype before I saw it

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2006, 04:43:08 PM »

My sister had a dog (Murphy) and a cat (Casper) and they were "brothers" for 11 years before Murphy had to be put to sleep earlier this year...kidney disease. :( They did lick each other every once in a while, but they only sniffed each other's "unmentionables," though.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2006, 04:57:20 PM »

By the time I arrived home from work, the appointed hours for trick or treating were over and DH Richard said we'd had all of 2, count 'em 2, visitors.  That means we have a lot of mini Twix, Three Musketeers, Milky Way, and Milky Way Midnights left over.  Well, not so many Milky Way Midnights, because I took out about a dozen of those to take to work today  :-X

We're looking forward to watching the Halloween episode of NCIS in a few minutes.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2006, 05:02:45 PM »

I bought three bags of KitKat Bars for der Brucer to share with any youthfuls that show up tonight.  So far, no takers.  He'll just have to struggle through them all by himself.

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2006, 05:05:46 PM »

Actually, I have....I saw it on one of the America's Funniest Videos segments about dogs and cats.  Some socialize and groom...although I'm sure the cats are the ones who do all/most of the grooming.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2006, 05:08:10 PM »

[size=20]DELETE THE CHEERLEADER....   DELETE THE WORLD!!![/size]

Hey, I think those glasses make Jack Coleman woofy!

Sorry if that catchphrase irritates you, S. Woody.

Perhaps if it was Casey waltzing with the cheerleader, saving the world, you'd be a bit less upset by it....

Nevertheless, I shall continue posting it.  It's my "And one for Mahler"....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 05:08:59 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Michael

« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2006, 05:09:01 PM »

In the ten years I lived here the doorbell has never rung once at Halloween. But the postman has rung twice.
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2006, 05:19:03 PM »

"Casey" incorporates our esteemed BK's word for the day.  It's not just a repetition of a phrase.

Come to think of it, though, it's a little sad that I'm generally the only one who seems to care about the word for the day.

Although I find it's a great way to kick-start my brain every morning.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2006, 05:19:46 PM »

...But the postman has rung twice.
Special delivery???    :D :D :D

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2006, 05:51:02 PM »

My two little Viet Namese-Jewish Princesses from next door:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2006, 05:52:22 PM »

"Casey" incorporates our esteemed BK's word for the day.  It's not just a repetition of a phrase.

But why criticize what I post?  What I don't understand is why you feel compelled to be ugly about it.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 06:06:12 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2006, 05:56:14 PM »

it's a great way to kick-start my brain every morning.

Which in turn kick-starts *my* brain!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2006, 05:58:42 PM »

All of our trick-or-treaters so far have been Mexican. I guess the Mayor hasn't completly succeeded in his campaign of ethnic cleansing. Good.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2006, 06:00:13 PM »

But why criticize what I post?  That's what I don't understand...why you feel compelled to be ugly about it.

At least you didn't use poor grammar!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2006, 06:01:53 PM »

At least you didn't use poor grammar!

There's a mercy.   Imagine the overblown pedantic hysteria that might have ensued over some little nothing or other.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 06:21:08 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2006, 06:05:27 PM »

Well, I had TONS of trick or treaters last year...of course that was in my old neighborhood...here...4 plus one in a stroller who didn't take any candy. I have SO much candy to eat

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2006, 06:09:12 PM »

Go Emmit go.....I could use that cheerleader to cheer on Emmit in Dancing With the Stars.....

FJL

« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2006, 06:11:16 PM »

Skip has baked chocolate chip cookies.  Not that we intended to give them to trick or treaters, though.

Ginny

« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2006, 06:12:46 PM »

My Roomba arrived at work from eBay today, but I had to go directly to my car from the courthouse, so I didn't bring it home yet. This weekend I shall have a robot to clean my floors

A Roomba figured into the plot of tonight's NCIS and I wouldn't have gotten the reference if I hadn't just read your post!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2006, 06:15:27 PM »

Skip and I are now officially booked for our L.A. visit to see BRAIN FROM PLANET X.  At least we paid for both our plane tickets, and that's as official as you can get, assuming nothing goes wrong.

jhvw

« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2006, 06:20:01 PM »

I had a bit of a laugh on my dinner break. Every year people drive in from other neighborhoods around 7:30 and hit our neighborhood. My dad finds this kind of offensive so he starts slipping the kids packets of ketchup and tarter sauce. Then we left the front door manning to my little brother and set off fireworks.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2006, 06:20:58 PM »

I found a cat toy under a cabinet last night.

Sigh.

I spent a few moments "missing" my Vickie.

Bogie loved munching on plastic bags & I have a long bag from the cleaners hanging in the closet filled with teeth marks…..sigh.

Keep posting the cheerleader quote, it makes me smile.

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2006, 06:22:45 PM »

A Roomba figured into the plot of tonight's NCIS and I wouldn't have gotten the reference if I hadn't just read your post!

Always glad to be helpful.  I was going to run to the office after Dancing with the Stars to get it,  but baby it's cold outside.....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up