Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LOOKING FOR LOVE IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES  (Read 68361 times)

MBarnum

Re:LOOKING FOR LOVE IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES
« Reply #240 on: November 02, 2006, 04:55:52 PM »

JRand56, did you get the Mexican Vampire movies? I haven't yet, but did read some very good reviews.

MBarnum

« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2006, 04:56:33 PM »

DR (Dear Reader) Singingnypmph, tell us about yourself!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM »

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/103226.html

Yeah! They finally announced it.  Curtains Up: Kander and Ebb Musical to Play Broadway with Pierce and Monk

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2006, 04:58:18 PM »

JRand56, did you get the Mexican Vampire movies? I haven't yet, but did read some very good reviews.

No....been saving my money for some of the Troy movies coming out.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2006, 05:23:20 PM »

Ben, when did you say you were going to Grey Gardens? I'm really curious to see what you think of it now.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2006, 05:29:10 PM »

Edisauris-cool photo.

Tomovoz-you know I never tire of your birds.

Cillaliz-very exciting news!  Will you go to NY in February?  It’s soooo cold then.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2006, 05:30:45 PM »

When I need to destressify, I retire to my futon with as much Cherry Coke as I can find. And speaking of Cherry Coke...

Hello, new Dear Reader Singingnymph. Do you like Cherry Coke?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2006, 05:36:49 PM »

Sherlock decided I was taking too long to read my book & I need to move onto dog psychology & training books.  This morning he shredded the last 15 pages of my book.

Charles Pogue, or anyone, how does THE MISTS OF AVALON end?

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2006, 05:42:01 PM »

Edisauris-cool photo.

Tomovoz-you know I never tire of your birds.

Cillaliz-very exciting news!  Will you go to NY in February?  It’s soooo cold then.

I have been planning to take a springtime trip to New York. Not sure that I want to go during previews this time. I'll probably wait until it opens and go in late March or early April.  I'm thinking that I may skip a trip I was contemplating to Sundance Film Festival,with the group from the Orpheum in Sioux City. They are going to the Tonys again this year I am going to go this time. That trip includes a ticket to Jersey Boys, which is cool because I haven't seen that
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 05:43:23 PM by Cillaliz »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2006, 05:42:33 PM »

DR RLP - what are the interviews for?  I must have missed it?

One of my division's jobs....which one person has been doing for about a year and half after he responded to my boss' plea for help when a co-worker quit his job (for a better one) and she needed a replacement body.  

He is one of five people being interviewed for the position.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: November 02, 2006, 05:45:14 PM »

Keith Olberman looks like he has green hair tonight.  Maybe it's just my tv set.

Cillaliz

« Reply #251 on: November 02, 2006, 05:48:14 PM »

Maybe if I go to New York in the spring, I'll get bumped again and get another free ticket....

Ginny

« Reply #252 on: November 02, 2006, 05:52:25 PM »

It just hit me that I'm very tired and still have 2 days to work this week.  Think I'll crash early tonight.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: November 02, 2006, 05:58:29 PM »

Sherlock decided I was taking too long to read my book & I need to move onto dog psychology & training books.  This morning he shredded the last 15 pages of my book.

They all die!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #254 on: November 02, 2006, 06:01:22 PM »

Darn Cillaliz, I’m going to miss you in NY again.  

When I postponed my trip to the NIH in October I thought I would be returning in April.  They really need me to go in December, so while several of the local New Yorkers on in L.A. celebrating Bruce’s birthday I will be on a plane flying to Philadelphia.  I will visit my friends there before continuing on to DC.  From DC I will fly home, it’s just too time consuming to back track to NY at that time of year.  

Jane

« Reply #255 on: November 02, 2006, 06:01:50 PM »

Ginny-sleep well & feel energized tomorrow.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #256 on: November 02, 2006, 06:06:13 PM »

Darn Cillaliz, I’m going to miss you in NY again.  

When I postponed my trip to the NIH in October I thought I would be returning in April.  They really need me to go in December, so while several of the local New Yorkers on in L.A. celebrating Bruce’s birthday I will be on a plane flying to Philadelphia.  I will visit my friends there before continuing on to DC.  From DC I will fly home, it’s just too time consuming to back track to NY at that time of year.  

Perhaps I'll have to plan a trip to Oregon next summer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #257 on: November 02, 2006, 06:07:37 PM »

I'm now off to work concessions for the Warren Miller movie, Off the Grid, playing at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts!  I'm also working tomorrow night for the second showing.  It should be a blast! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #258 on: November 02, 2006, 06:10:22 PM »

That would be great! :D  

Maybe the Portland gang will stop by.  MBarnum has family here & JMK and family said they will visit u in the summer.

And Penny usually passes through in the summer.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 06:11:11 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #259 on: November 02, 2006, 06:12:18 PM »

elmore you are so helpful  ??? ;D

Jane

« Reply #260 on: November 02, 2006, 06:19:57 PM »

Speaking of MBarnum & the NIH, I received a FedEx delivery today & someone in a private, slightly beat up, truck made the delivery.  I missed Allen & his FedEx van.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: November 02, 2006, 06:20:23 PM »

elmore you are so helpful  ??? ;D

I try, Nursie! :-*
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #262 on: November 02, 2006, 07:16:45 PM »

Hello from Oxnard, CA, fellow Dear Readers. At least I think that's where I am. My DH had some vacation time he had to take, and we are on our way ... to somewhere. We'll know when we get there.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #263 on: November 02, 2006, 07:22:42 PM »

Hi Mom!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ben

« Reply #264 on: November 02, 2006, 07:28:27 PM »

Cil, we're seeing Grey Gardens on Wednesday. I talked Anthony into going to the theatre with me. He rarely goes but I've raved about this show so much and he thought, knowing the subject matter, that I wouldn't like it so he wants to see it to understand what I'm talking about. The show opens tonight. It's got new stuff in it so I think most everyone will re-review the show. Usually, if a show moves from Off-Broadway to Broadway the Times mentions it and just re-runs the Off review but I think enough work has been done that they will send Brantley to see it again. I don't know if it will make much difference to him. He had mixed views on it when it opened, although he did like Christine Ebersole. I don't know if we will watch the documentary before Wednesday. Anthony's mother recorded it for us when it was on Turner but my cousin and his wife are arriving from Sheffield (England) tomorrow. They leave Tuesday morning for San Francisco and then Hawaii for an early holiday trip. We will be spending time with them on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so we won't have much time for watching movies or television.

Ben

« Reply #265 on: November 02, 2006, 07:29:36 PM »

Aww, communication between a mother and her daughter. Isn't it lovely how modern technology allows us to keep in touch  ;)

Ben

« Reply #266 on: November 02, 2006, 07:46:07 PM »

I just returned from the New York Times site and the Brantley review is up. I won't post a link because you have to be registered (free) to read the entire review but he does like it. He still has problems with the show itself, the structure (especially the first act) but he recognizes that Ebersole and Wilson in the second act are giving amazing performances that will be talked about and remembered for a long time.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #267 on: November 02, 2006, 07:56:30 PM »

Shame on you, Elmore!  Make her read the book!  but, of course, if anyone knows the Arthurian myths, they all know they are one big dying fall...and it ends badly for pretty much everyone.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #268 on: November 02, 2006, 08:02:28 PM »

Pretty good. I could photocopy the last 15 pages and maile them to you. I have it on my desk here at owrk.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #269 on: November 02, 2006, 08:06:49 PM »

Yes, they do... I have Lovespell and the lovers die in that one also.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up