Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO POOPED TO POP  (Read 64399 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:TOO POOPED TO POP
« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2006, 06:35:54 PM »

Now you're talkin'!

I've acquired, over the years, autographed photos of some of my favorites... Peter Brown from "The Lawman,"

Another missing one! :( He was so cute when he visited our elementary school.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2006, 06:36:24 PM »

It's time to fix some supper.

I've got some shows to catch up on from last night....some more sorting/throwing out to do...and tomorrow afternoon, I hope my cable reception problems get sorted out.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:36:44 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2006, 06:43:12 PM »

Sherlock needs attention, but before I go…..

While searching down memory lane I found a home-made birthday card, for my 16th or possibly 17th birthday.  It even has a cute poem:

There once was a girl
Who ran in the rain,
Everyone said,
She was insane-
Except Bruce knew
Insanity wasn’t it-
Bruce knew she was a twit

Wasn’t that sweet!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »

Sherlock needs attention, but before I go…..

While searching down memory lane I found a home-made birthday card, for my 16th or possibly 17th birthday.  It even has a cute poem:

There once was a girl
Who ran in the rain,
Everyone said,
She was insane-
Except Bruce knew
Insanity wasn’t it-
Bruce knew she was a twit

Wasn’t that sweet!

You have an original Bruce Kimmel poem!!  Sell it on eBay!! ;D

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »

Well, it's official...Doogie Howser has finally come out!  This is from Comcast's short article:

LOS ANGELES - Neil Patrick Harris is gay and wants to quell any rumors to the contrary. "(I) am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest," Harris tells People magazine's Web site.

The 33-year-old actor said he was motivated to disclose his sexuality because of recent "speculation and interest in my private life and relationships."

Harris stars on the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother." He started on TV as a teen, playing the namesake doctor on the series "Doogie Howser, M.D."

Click HERE to read the People magazine article.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #185 on: November 03, 2006, 06:57:44 PM »

Friday night....lovely pomes and pitchers here at HHW!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #186 on: November 03, 2006, 07:53:40 PM »

c r e a k ------s n a p ----- g r o a n ----

Those are the sounds eminating from my poor wracked body, after 9 hours of lifting and carrying parts and components around all day and packing things.

I must definitely go fall over soon, and get ready for the same thing all over again tomorrow.

Good night, Esteemed and dashing BK--

...good night Lucy, you red-headed temptress....

Good night lovely H/Ks .  :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 07:54:05 PM by MusicGuy »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #187 on: November 03, 2006, 08:28:48 PM »

Had a very full evening of viewing and managed to get all the shows from last night watched plus two from tonight.

I began with MY NAME IS EARL, a funny outing with Roseanne as special guest star playing a woman Earl once tricked into thinking he was God. Roseanne is not the best actress in the world, but she can be funny.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #188 on: November 03, 2006, 08:29:48 PM »

On a happier note, in 5 days the election will be over and the political ads will be off the air!

AMEN!!

They are really annoying me!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: November 03, 2006, 08:32:23 PM »

I watched THE OFFICE next, probably the season's best episode to date in which Michael and the other staffers went to a Diwali celebration. SOme got into the spirit of the night; others were ducks out of water and completely inappropriate. Very funny and poignant, too, with some events that occurred involving a marriage proposal gone sour.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2006, 08:34:46 PM »

Then came the first new episode of VANISHED in over a month. For a serialized drama like this, I was afraid I would have forgotten too many plot details to get back into it, but I had a surprisingly easy time, and the episode ended up being quite dramatic and close in tone to a '24' episode. The program probably won't last to get all 13 of its episodes broadcast, but I thought tonight's show was worthy enough to see the show to a conclusion.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2006, 08:34:51 PM »

How about tiramisushi?

Interesting dish Ron...

I like both tiramisu  and sushi but not together. WE finally got a sushi bar not too long ago in North Dakota..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2006, 08:35:39 PM »

SMALLVILLE came next with Clark fighting another escapee from the Phantom Zone. Good action and another turning point for Clark reached by the end of the episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: November 03, 2006, 08:36:53 PM »

SUPERNATURAL had a tense episode involving H.H. Holmes, America's first serial killer. I had thought the producers were working in a love interest for Dean, but, at least, on the basis of this episode, perhaps not the person I was expecting the love interest to be.

Matt H.

« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2006, 08:39:05 PM »

And I ended the evening with LAW & ORDER, the episode based on the Mel Gibson incident of a few months ago. Of course, once we got past the drunkeness and racist talk, the story spun into a murder and cover-up which (I don't think) was based on the Mel Gibson incident.

Still, it had some powerful stuff in the hour though I'm not sure Chevy Chase was the best person to have been chosen for the celebrity under the influence.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: November 03, 2006, 08:40:38 PM »

Beautiful photographs Laura!!

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #196 on: November 03, 2006, 08:42:37 PM »

Well, it's official...Doogie Howser has finally come out!  This is from Comcast's short article:
Does he need a hag?  ;)
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #197 on: November 03, 2006, 08:49:16 PM »

LOS ANGELES - Neil Patrick Harris is gay and wants to quell any rumors to the contrary. "(I) am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest," Harris tells People magazine's Web site.

The 33-year-old actor said he was motivated to disclose his sexuality because of recent "speculation and interest in my private life and relationships."

Harris stars on the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother." He started on TV as a teen, playing the namesake doctor on the series "Doogie Howser, M.D."

Click HERE to read the People magazine article.

Wonder if Big Brother's Dr. Will will still dream of him at night.

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2006, 08:57:43 PM »

Many of us knew this already, but I'm pleased Neil felt the need to set the record "straight" once and for all.

Matt H.

« Reply #199 on: November 03, 2006, 08:58:20 PM »

Now, I'm heading to bed.

Good night!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #200 on: November 03, 2006, 10:34:23 PM »

Many of us knew this already, but I'm pleased Neil felt the need to set the record "straight" once and for all.

I wondered about that. I thought he was great on Broadway in Cabaret!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #201 on: November 03, 2006, 10:46:38 PM »

Just came home from being at a 7 hour party at an edit place that used to be my home base, celebrating their 30th anniversary. It was the first place I was allowed to edit. Had they not been so generous with their projects, (the owner/filmmaker had always cut his own projects in the past) I might not have been a working editor today. I'm so grateful to him for giving me that opportunity. There was a lengthy montage of stuff I had edited in the past, including our Olympic bid film, lots of PBS stuff, etc. It was like my life flashing before my eyes and I felt all weepy.

I was also nostalgic because this was the building where I met my soulmate while working on a friend's film, and also where I attended the life-changing Halloween party. It was great to see all those old film folks!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #202 on: November 03, 2006, 10:49:05 PM »

Alone...so alone...

I had TFNM CD for my driving music. It's amazing how much of the melodies and lyrics of these songs I remembered from only seeing the movie once, a few decades ago. That's the mark of a good song! And I love Grant's contributions, too. Nice!

MBarnum

« Reply #203 on: November 03, 2006, 11:00:01 PM »

MBarnum-Since I can’t find my autographed photo, I’m beginning to doubt my memory that Darryl Hickman was my father’s patient.

I found autographed photos to me from three hunks, Jack Kelly, Clint Walker, & the one I had a crush on…
”To Jane
Best Gal
Ty Hardin
Bronco”

Jane, I thought it was Peter Brown you had a crush on! Boy you were a fickle girl! LOL!

By the way I interviewd two of the kids from Fury...Roger Mobley and Jimmy Baird...but your autograph is probably the main star Bobby Diamond...or is it?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: November 03, 2006, 11:05:21 PM »

Watched Bride and Prejudice earlier this evening. What a fun movie!!

In the CD player is : Leahy, Mary Black and Usung Sondheim
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up