Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WE'RE OFF AND RUNNING  (Read 53492 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:WE'RE OFF AND RUNNING
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2006, 05:14:31 PM »

Been making some Witch Balls for the store.

I though only Warlocks had balls.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2006, 05:21:49 PM »

Back for but a moment.  Shall now be on my way to LACC for rehearsal.  So far, we've had a whopping three orders - (rolls eyes).

BK - You can be assured that if and when the State of Washington gets around to paying me my bonus (for saving them $2.7 million) I will be buying Alice and Emily........ and Kevin.  Believe me, it is not from lack of interest.
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2006, 05:23:08 PM »

Time to check on the pot roast.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2006, 05:23:31 PM »

"Tom is on My Side".  

Rodzinski---I'm sure you'll remember the Tom Tom Club!

My theme song used to be TOM IN A BOTTLE.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2006, 05:25:54 PM »

I am very excited about DREAMGIRLS....but then again....I was very excited about A CHORUS LINE as well....with more reservations than I have about DREAMGIRLS...(Richard Attenborough?  Michael Douglas?)

Time will tell, DR SINGING NYMPH...

I agree...and Audra is certainly youngish enough, but I get from the casting that they were going for younger.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2006, 05:27:52 PM »

Were there leftovers?

::)

Yes, he'll be eating turtleneck sweater soup for DAYS...!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2006, 05:31:21 PM »

Been making some Witch Balls for the store.

I am really beginning to worry for you, DR JRand56.

The Spirit Painting was one thing, but now this Witch Balls thing is something else entirely.

I do believe you've fallen in with a coven...

I want you to take your Scrabble game out of the closet and use the letters to spell out the names of every co-worker you have.  I'm certain their names are all anagrams...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2006, 05:39:18 PM »

Whew....I didn't know the longer DREAMGIRLS trailer was up.

It certainly makes the movie look exciting....I hope it SOUNDS good!  8)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443489/trailers-screenplay-E29867-10-2

I love it when a trailer creates chills in me....Jennifer Hudson's vocal sounds fantastic!

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2006, 05:39:21 PM »

Hmm, I've had Swedish Meat Balls, but never Witch Balls, do you serve them on pasta or with an eye of newt?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2006, 05:49:38 PM »

Ended the afternoon with Anthony LaPaglia's annual Emmy submission episode for WITHOUT  TRACE, this year abducted and tortured while trying to find a missing con man. Boy, the make-up, acting, and sound effects certainly made his torture seem VERY realistic. Very disturbing to watch but a good episode with several big surprises.

Yep, nothing beats an afternoon of realistic torture.

For me, however, the afternoon was lame/tame bycomparison.  Watched "Carousel" and its special features DVD including the complete commentary by Mr. Nick Redman and Ms. Shirley Jones.

I found the commentary fascinating.  Really enjoyed the discussion about Barbara Ruick.  Before marrying John Williams, Ruick was apparently married to actor Robert Horton (with whom she attended the premiere of the film in New York and both of whom were captured on the Fox Movietone News reel that is also on the DVD).

Shirley commented that she had worked with both Gene Lockhart and Ed Begley and always got them confused.  I have never worked with either, but I've never confused them at all. :)

Ms. Jones also had high praise for Jacques D'Amboise's dancing in the ballet and indicated she believed this was his first film.  Mr. Redman made no comment.  I thought for sure they'd both later slap themselves across the head when they recalled that Mr. D'Amboise was one of the Pontipee brothers in "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" before he made "Carousel."

Those few things aside, however, the commentary was fascinating and insightful and wonderfully interesting throughout the length of the film.  One cannot say that about most commentaries!!!

I have always loved this film.  And I love having it on DVD in this format.  The color, however, seemed a bit flat to me.  I don't think Fox lavished as much attention on it as it obviously did on the glorious "The King and I".

And DR MattH, you must watch with the commentary turned on as Nick and Shirley DO talk about the casting of Frank Sinatra and Shirley has some interesting things to say, including why she thinks he walked away.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 06:06:19 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2006, 05:53:48 PM »

Congrats, DR EDISAURUS.  I spent about 10 days in Ireland during the 20th Century and loved it.

A Witch Ball is not eaten, nor is it a body part.  No, indeed, a Witch Ball is a clear ball about the size of a Christmas ornament that has red threads wound inside of it.  It will capture negativity and dark spirits that try to come into your home.  They are fascinated by the colors in the glass and become trapped in the threads.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2006, 05:54:23 PM »

How could they forget 7B 4 7B?  Whew....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2006, 05:55:01 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR GEORGE.

Congrats to DR MS on the purchase of his new computer device!

Almost time for HEROES.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2006, 05:56:13 PM »

Congrats, DR EDISAURUS.  I spent about 10 days in Ireland during the 20th Century and loved it.

A Witch Ball is not eaten, nor is it a body part.  No, indeed, a Witch Ball is a clear ball about the size of a Christmas ornament that has red threads wound inside of it.  It will capture negativity and dark spirits that try to come into your home.  They are fascinated by the colors in the glass and become trapped in the threads.

Thank GOODness.

Do you also make dreamcatchers?

I could certainly use one.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2006, 05:58:19 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR GEORGE.

Yes, George, do fight it off.

I, too, am in the throes of coming down with a cold.  Your last night is my today, I'm afraid.  I feel it coming on and there's not a thing I can do to stop it.  It's a freight train and I'm a confused hobo with his foot caught in the track.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2006, 05:59:48 PM »

I knew that!
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2006, 06:26:55 PM »

In the FWIW department:

Another film on my weekend's agenda was "The Fountainhead", the Warner Brothers epic with screenplay by Ayn Rand, herself, starring Gary Cooper and Patricia Neal.

What a movie!  This one transcends most over-the-top potboilers of its era.  In some circles, it's a near-classic.  What we have is the familiar story of Howard Roark, a man of principle who cannot get work as an architect because he will not conform to what has gone before...he will not allow his work to become a committee project.  Patricia Neal is Dominique Francon, a spoiled woman who is determined she will never love anyone because no one will ever be worthy of her love...something only a man of principle could aspire to..but since there are no such men, she is determined to be cold-hearted and removed.

And then she sees Roark in a granite quarry.  She storms and stews...she frantically paces in her bedroom...she seethes with unbridled angst and determination...and she smashes a beautiful marble hearth in order to get that man into her bedroom and make a connection with him.

He infuriates her.  He measures the hearth and orders the marble.  When the marble arrives, he sends a mason to install it.  She's furious.  She chases him down and whacks him across the face with a riding crop.

Oh...it's much too inflamed for me to go on.  It has one of the most glorious Max Steiner scores EVER...and it goes on and on and there is NEVER A DULL MOMENT.  Raymond Massey is very good as the editor of "The Banner"...the newspaper that tries to destroy everything that is good and noble, etc.,etc., etc.

I don't recall "The Fountainhead" (the novel) as being this brassy and trashy.  

Thus, I can recommend it as a read and as a movie, both of which exist independent of the other...with the movie getting the "you'd never imagine this in a million years" award for its adaptation.

This is one hell of a movie that everyone ought to see!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2006, 06:36:22 PM »

DRLaura-Thanks for the Skidboot video-WOW!

Jane

« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2006, 06:38:48 PM »

We just got invited to submit to the Belfast film festival by a curator who was at the premiere in April. If they like it, that's our vacation for next year!

GOOD VIBES YOU GO TO BELFAST NEXT YEAR!  :D

Jane

« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2006, 06:42:03 PM »

Ginny-Happy Birthday to DHRichard.  

During your birthday I will be on the East Coast.  I’m leaving on Bruce’s birthday.  Unfortunately NY isn’t on my agenda for this trip.  On the up side I should be able to see DRJose & SHE LOVES ME in DC.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2006, 07:16:34 PM »

Ok, I need your help. I think I mentioned my cookbook project.  What I did was go through my mother's recipe boxes and typed in about 300 or so recipes. I am printing it all out and making books to give each of my family members....jhvw, don't tell anyone.... anyway, I need a good title for the book.   My mother's name is Joan which is pronounced Jo Anne. Something clever would be nice...I'm fresh out of ideas at the moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2006, 07:19:02 PM »

I am also very tired of this project at the moment. I figured out how to do the dividers tonight and bought a large binder that works much better.  I think they will be great when they are done.  Not professional, but functional and full of the recipes we grew up on.  My mom was telling me what she was making for her bridge club and I had to laugh....got that one in the book

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2006, 07:20:43 PM »

From Joan's Pans

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2006, 07:21:15 PM »

So I think I'll take a break for tonight.  If I just to a little bit every night they will be done in no time.

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2006, 07:22:11 PM »

From Joan's Pans

That's a start.  Something's Cookin in Joan's Pans

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2006, 07:23:22 PM »

Joan's Tastebud Memories
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2006, 07:23:40 PM »

My working title is  Recipes to Remember from the Recipe Box of Joan   It just isn't catchy enough

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2006, 07:24:14 PM »

Cookin' Plans from Joan's Pans

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2006, 07:24:50 PM »

Joan's Tastebud Memories

hmmm  much better than Memories of Joan's Tastebuds...did I say that???

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2006, 07:26:52 PM »

Oh, gotta run for a minute....I'll be back
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up