Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I'VE SAID IT AND I'M GLAD  (Read 99081 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:I'VE SAID IT AND I'M GLAD
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2006, 07:34:30 AM »

I am hopeful that I'll get the new cast recording of WHITE CHRISTMAS in today's mail. (It was scheduled to be here yesterday.) If it does come, then add it to my CD list above!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2006, 07:36:58 AM »

Page Two OLIVER & COMPANY Dance!!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2006, 07:45:42 AM »

Mercury Retrograde ends today!!!

But what does that mean in real terms?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2006, 07:54:33 AM »

Heigh-ho, everyone!

It's FRIDAY!

It's PAYDAY!

It's foggy and misty and coolish and dreary and just plain WONderful here in downtown Oakland this a.m.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2006, 07:57:11 AM »

Fridays are wonderful days of the work week.

Fridays mean that two full days are ahead -- days of freedom from affecting a simulacrum of interest in the mindfarts of a couple of my co-workers.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2006, 08:00:35 AM »

But what does that mean in real terms?

Mercury Retrograde (click on the preceding words to be linked to a site that explains the significance) is an astrological term.

DR JRand56 is becoming more and more "new age-ish" (in the vein of "everything old is new again") working in the book store in Indianapolis....spirit paintings, witch balls and such...and now astrological references.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 08:02:54 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2006, 08:04:29 AM »

I'm heading down now to get cleaned up for my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2006, 08:05:04 AM »

Fans of Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" music will be delighted to learn there is a newly remastered, and expanded, CD of the score to the holiday classic.

I read this somewhere yesterday (maybe it was even here).  I got my Amazon.com notification that my order shipped last night.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2006, 08:06:37 AM »

I don't know about anyone else here, but this year's catalog mailout has me up to my neck in the stuff.

I sometimes get 7-9 catalogs in a single day.  I've thrown out about 50 or so (three weeks ago) and I now have about 60 in a pile, all unmolested as I fear finding something I can't live without.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2006, 08:09:55 AM »

This time last year, I was SO in a holiday mood.  

Now I'm feeling just a bit overwhelmed by the passage of time and things I still have ahead of me.  The cards are bought but not addressed or personalized; my shopping is done (if such a thing is EVEN possible!!!); and I find myself in a sort of "hold mode" waiting for the proper time to get things in the mail or whatever.  It's like I got things done in record time and decided to rest on my laurels without following through to the final step.

And I know what will happen.  Next Thursday, panic will strike and I'll be playing catchup until my flight to the east coast departs SFO on the evening of Dec. 14th.

Sigh.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2006, 08:13:10 AM »

This Monday looms LARGE:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Save the Cheerleader...save the World![/move]

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2006, 08:19:39 AM »

TOD:  Nothing in either my CD or DVD player.

My VHS player, however, is another story.  Shows taped Wednesday evening and last night are awaiting my leisure.

My leisure isn't certain it wants to be squandered with any of it, save a couple of shows, but the weekend looms and we shall see what we shall see!

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2006, 08:33:46 AM »

Media Check:

CD:
MAORI BROWN EYES: Melodies from Maoriland by Bill Wolfgramm and his Islanders
TAKE ME HOME: by the Populairs.

DVD:
The 1970s horror film SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

EAST OF BURMA starring Babs Stanwyck

DVR:
Episodes of CHEYENNE

« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 08:34:02 AM by MBarnum »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2006, 08:49:29 AM »

Mercury Retrograde (click on the preceding words to be linked to a site that explains the significance) is an astrological term.

DR JRand56 is becoming more and more "new age-ish" (in the vein of "everything old is new again") working in the book store in Indianapolis....spirit paintings, witch balls and such...and now astrological references.

I'm all for some of that "new again" if it applies to these creaky old bones of mine.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2006, 08:56:35 AM »

This time last year, I was SO in a holiday mood.  

Now I'm feeling just a bit overwhelmed by the passage of time and things I still have ahead of me.  The cards are bought but not addressed or personalized; my shopping is done (if such a thing is EVEN possible!!!); and I find myself in a sort of "hold mode" waiting for the proper time to get things in the mail or whatever.  It's like I got things done in record time and decided to rest on my laurels without following through to the final step.

You're way ahead of me.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2006, 09:29:36 AM »

Media:

CD:  The Danna Brothers' A Celtic Tale, which is some of the most gorgeously orchestrated stuff I've heard in a long time.  I highly recommend it to fans of Celtic Music.  Their A Celtic Romance is pretty good, too, but not as gorgeous as this one.

DVD:  we've been lax, but are about 1/4 way through a Ustinov Poirot episode.

Book:  finishing up The Jesus Dynasty, which is not, as may expect from the title, a Da Vinci Code clone, but a very astute historical recounting (the author is a very well known archeologist and historian) of how Paul pretty much took over the early church and suppressed the original teachings of Jesus' family (i.e., his brothers James and Jude).

Michael Shayne, my sister gave us Nbiru to play (she sends all her old games to us), but my kids tried it for about 15 minutes and gave up.  It was realllllly slow on our computer and not very "intuitive."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2006, 09:33:16 AM »

I've just ordered Alice and Emily, and I've almost finished the Act Two tap number, which I cannot assemble till the underscoring is ready.  It will stay in three parts for a bit yet.

Because of yesterday's storm, I did not to to the NYPL, so I may run to the library around 3 pm.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2006, 09:42:54 AM »

elmore, drop Richard Berent a line - I think he's probably ready to tell you how to assemble the tap number.

I've just hired our new gal - Merrill Grant - the NY singer/actress, who'll be flying out here on Sunday evening and will be put in the show on Monday afternoon.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2006, 09:43:36 AM »

Der Brucer and I are heading off to the movin' pick-a-tcure palace, for the first matinee of a guy saying he's Craig, Daniel Craig.  More later.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2006, 10:51:27 AM »

:'(

Bo Schembechler...a leader and the best...RIP

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2006, 11:35:46 AM »

It's lunch time.

It's lunch time.

It's lunch time.

BRING IN THE FOOD!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2006, 11:35:58 AM »

FOOD, Glorious, FOOD!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2006, 11:37:25 AM »

Book:  finishing up The Jesus Dynasty, which is not, as may expect from the title, a Da Vinci Code clone, but a very astute historical recounting (the author is a very well known archeologist and historian) of how Paul pretty much took over the early church and suppressed the original teachings of Jesus' family (i.e., his brothers James and Jude).

Could you hit a high point or two of the differences (i.e. suppressed teachings) between Paul and James'/Jude's teachings?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 11:37:51 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2006, 11:38:37 AM »

Nothing elaborate, mind you...I was just wondering if he chose to downplay something particular or if he "invented" something that never was.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2006, 11:50:06 AM »

Back from a later-than-usual jog and now must do errands.  Spent the morning getting our new actress the score and her songs so she can know everything by the time we begin on Monday.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2006, 11:51:26 AM »

Hello One and All and also, All and One

I have gotten a new hairdo, had a maniucre, bought a new skirt and purse and had a job interview and offer.

Thanks for the VIBES!!!!  I have another interview on Monday and then I guess I'll decide about this one!

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2006, 12:07:48 PM »

I feel a xenophobic/jingoistic rant coming on department:  Why the [size=8]F***&@?((%%%[/size] can't companies hire "customer service" people who speak English?  Is it toooo much to ask?

It turns out all Qwest MSN customers suddenly had an error message about an hour ago when they sought to sign in to MSN (as I did).  Turns out Qwest upgraded the software this morning without realizing the upgrade required a corollary software to make it work.  So after thinking my computer's hard drive was dying, reinstalling (with no effect) and then waiting on hold for about 15 minutes, I get Helga von Unintelligible (not her real name  :o) who attempts to "talk me through" the software download.  AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

All fixed now (I found it myself).

There, I feel nominally better.  Thanks for listening.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:08:21 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2006, 12:16:37 PM »

Friday greetings!

Vibes to DR Vixmom!

Media report - CD(car) - audiobook, Intuition, by Allegra Goodman, narrated by Kathe Mazur.

DVD - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2006, 12:17:43 PM »

Hello One and All and also, All and One

I have gotten a new hairdo, had a maniucre, bought a new skirt and purse and had a job interview and offer.

Thanks for the VIBES!!!!  I have another interview on Monday and then I guess I'll decide about this one!

Wow!  An offer already.  Is it an upward step from what you left?

I think I'll hit the NYPL tomorrow and spend the next hours working on the new key for Miss Grant.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2006, 12:24:22 PM »

Wow, congratulations Vixmom!

And I will bet you are quite stylish with your new hair and duds!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up