Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MY COMELY FEET  (Read 31450 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
MY COMELY FEET
« on: November 20, 2006, 12:19:17 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had intense intensity, and now it is time for you to post until the intense cows with comely feet come home.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 12:42:17 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MY COMELY FEET
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 12:20:32 AM »

And the word of the day is: THAUMATURGY!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 12:44:39 AM »

TOTD:

First Play - the Scottish One by Will. (Starring Frank Thring).

First Musical "Kismet"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 01:12:03 AM »

I have no idea what the first professional production of a play that I saw was (hey, I made a palindrome!..."saw was" ;)).  Anyway, the first national touring show that I ever saw was Pirates of Penzance, based on the Linda Ronstadt/Rex Smith Broadway production.  I can still remember that Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits was Frederick and Jim (then only known as John's younger brother) Belushi was the Pirate King.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 01:13:24 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 01:18:13 AM »

After the load-in last night, I drove another cast member home and one of his housemates is our costumer.  I got to try on the top part of my "Indian" costume and it's going to be fabulous!  That's all I'm sayin'! ;)

I do need to get new shoes, though.  I had some that I thought would work, but they don't quite fit. :P I hope I can find something appropriate and soon enough.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 01:19:25 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 03:57:26 AM »

TOD:

I know the first musical I saw was a touring production of Fiddler on the Roof with Paul Lipson as Tevye. (Sounds crazy, no?) Lipson started out as Avram in the original cast moved up to Lazar Wolfe and eventualtly played Tevye on Broadway. With all the touring and Browadway performances I believe he played Tevye for the most performances.

Play maybe a little harder but I think it was also a touring production of a children's play called Beware The Quickly Who which I saw in 1967 during the Canada's centennial celebration. I also think it was written for part of that celebration
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 03:58:08 AM »

Good morning Larry.
Are you coming to LA to see the show?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 04:01:55 AM »

I see a Republican congressman is going to introduce a bill to start up the draft again. Another congressman (Republican) who won't be re-elected in 2 years,

Also Henry Kissinger says that a military victory in Iraq is not possible. Interesting. Very Interesting. We will see what the outcome will be in 2 years.
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 04:03:51 AM »

Good morning DRs Michael and Larry.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 04:06:19 AM »

And a good morning to Tom,
(Which I don't get to say very often)
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 04:08:00 AM »

Not recently anyway Michael.
Does this mean Ben should be on line soon too?
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 04:20:19 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. I very much dislike insomnia.

BK, could you post again the link for Brain tickets? Thanks.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 04:22:16 AM »

Good morning Dear Reader Laura. No suggestions for insomnia I'm afraid.
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 04:29:26 AM »

I oughta just go get a large Starbucks coffee and get on with the day.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 04:30:50 AM »

This morning I am meeting my birdwatching friend who lives here in the wintertime. She just returned and we have some catching up to do. She had foot surgery last month, so we will find a place by the river to set up lawn chairs and see what we can see.

Ben

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 04:35:38 AM »

Re: Post #10. Ask and ye shall receive.

Though I can't hang around long. I have much work to do before I finish. I wanted to pop in and say hello before I pop out.

I feel like I post more than I do because I always read the day's postings. I just don't add to them that much.

Later, gaters.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 04:52:28 AM »

Good morning, all!  At 7:10 AM or so, I was thrown out because of TOO MANY CONNECTIONS! puh-leeze!

Yes, DR MichaelS, I will be in LA.

And now I have to run; many errands this morning, and then back to "The Brain!"

TOD:  Camelot, National company, with Kathryn Grayson (oy!), Arthur Treacher and Louis Hayward.  I have no memory of who played Lancelot (Robert Gentry, maybe?).  It was quite wonderful, a stunning production, but even at the age of 17 or so, I knew it was a too-long, sexless musical.

My next was the National company of THE SOUND OF MUSIC with Barbara Meister, which was a total delight.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 04:57:00 AM »

And the word of the day is: THAUMATURGY!
Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde -
The magic they were able to do with their feet
Being a direct result of the THAUMATURGY provided
By their Dr. Sholl's Insoles.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 04:59:32 AM »

After the load-in last night, I drove another cast member home and one of his housemates is our costumer.  I got to try on the top part of my "Indian" costume and it's going to be fabulous!  That's all I'm sayin'! ;)
Say what?  What exactly is going on here?  Your costume only has a top part?  What kind of audience are you guys aiming for???

And are you going to supply us with pictures???????

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 05:01:20 AM »

TOD:

I know the first musical I saw was a touring production of Fiddler on the Roof with Paul Lipson as Tevye. (Sounds crazy, no?)
I've got to slow down when I read things.  I thought you had written that Tevye had been played by Paul Lynde.

:o

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 05:10:10 AM »

I see a Republican congressman is going to introduce a bill to start up the draft again. Another congressman (Republican) who won't be re-elected in 2 years,

Nope, you've got it wrong.  The congressman is Rep. Charles Rangel, from New York.  He's a Democrat, representing the 15th district, which covers a fair stretch of upper Manhattan, plus a bit of the Bronx.  He's currently serving his eighteenth term in office, which suggests he doesn't believe in term limits.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 05:15:35 AM »

TOD -

My Fair Lady.

Starring Edward Mulhare and Jane Powell!

Not a bad combination, that!!!

What was strange was that it was done in the round, in a large theater in the western San Fernando Valley that had been constructed for the production of musicals.  It failed as a theater, and was converted into a church.  I've no idea whether it still stands.

Minimal settings, of course.  One very good use of the stage was during the Ascot Gavotte - the chorus stood perfectly still, as the turntable stage rotated in one direction... and projections of the horses ran around the back of the theater in the opposite direction!

Hey, for a kid, that was fairly exciting.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 05:16:24 AM »

Good morning, Larry!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 05:19:05 AM »

Oh, last night's chili turned out very well!  Not too spicy for der Brucer, and chunky enough for my tastes.  

Not what I'd suggest pouring on top of a hot dog, of course, that requires a different kind of chili.

And we've got leftovers!!!

Maybe I'll serve it on top of our Thanksgiving turkey, in place of gravy!!!

(Maybe not.   ::))

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 05:21:18 AM »

And last night I watched the first part of The Stones of Blood, the third story in the Key to Time arc of Doctor Who.  I told der B what I was going to be watching, and he joked "What's that, a horror movie starring Mick Jagger?"
"No, it's Keith Richard, I think," I replied.

Horseracing.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 05:27:17 AM »

Speaking of Doctor Who, the Ninth Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, is reportedly joining the cast of Heroes, possibly as Siler (although the producers aren't saying what role will be his, as yet).

Somewhere out there, Siler knew the cheerleader existed.  The thought of her excited him, consumed him.  He knew that he must have her, a need that came from deep within, a mission in life.  He even convinced himself that, if he had her, all would be well with this little blue ball in space that he lived upon.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]CRAVE THE CHEERLEADER, SAVE THE WORLD!!![/size][/move]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 06:01:16 AM by S. Woody White »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 05:34:11 AM »

DR SWW - a couple of days ago DR JMK gave a list of codes that could be used for 20% your order at DEEP DISCOUNT DVD....I can't find the list, but you can do a search.  It was a LONG list and will certainly save you some money VS Amazon!  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 05:38:16 AM »

I watched a bit of DOCTOR WHO on the Sci Fi channel....and I must say I have never been fond of this series in ANY of its versions.  It's charms still escape me, and I bailed after about ten minutes.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 05:40:25 AM »

Hmmmmm.....I saw WILDCAT on Broadway when I was nine - so I guess that was my first professional production....saw several touring companies, but I can't remember the order I saw them in....hmmmm

I have seen VERY few professional plays....except when I am in NYC (on that rare occasion) - plays just don't tour like they used to.

I do remember a very nice FIDDLER in 1968.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 05:46:32 AM »

MR BK - I am only hoping that your novel about your feet will not be written in your usual arch style.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up