Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MY COMELY FEET  (Read 31619 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:MY COMELY FEET
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2006, 02:35:54 PM »

It seems they re-named the characters in the film. I played Ginger's nerdy boyfriend.

der Brucer

I got the best laugh of the run when I did an incomplete costume change and ending up on stage in a black tux with one black dress sock and one argyle wool sock. I hiked up my trousers when I sat on a sofa and an endless stream of giggles started roaming through the house while Ginger's dad was giving me a very thorough grilling.

So your part was played by Warren Berlinger!   :D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2006, 02:36:36 PM »

Page Six Miss Blue Moon Part Two Dance.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2006, 02:37:25 PM »

Time for dinner.

And tonight is HEROES!!!

FJL

« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2006, 02:39:06 PM »

Dinner time.

Serve the cheerleader, serve the world.

Michael

« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2006, 02:39:18 PM »

Well, if I mention you two, I'll have to mention Barnum and Shayne, the Michaels, and soon the list would get totally out of hand!

Don'r forget www.larrymooremusic.com
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2006, 02:40:29 PM »

Did someone mention here that the O.J. book and TV show deal are apparently off?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2006, 02:41:21 PM »

DR Ron,

It was mentioned on BROTHERS & SISTERS last night that the Army wanted Justin back and would handle his rehabilitation itself. That was their way of circumventing your criticisms. If I understand you correctly, the writers are totally off base about that, that this would never happen.

Is the policy you have stated for all the U.S. military or is it possible, especially in this age of a lack of the draft, that the Army especially might be a bit more lenient about it needing every body they can get their hands on?

I'm not challenging your knowledge; after all, you were in the service; I wasn't. I'm just wondering if perhaps things have changed a bit since Iraq.

It is certainly possible that in some cases, the Army would seek to rehabilitate rather than simply cast off.  I can also imagine that in the volunteer era, some cases might be referred to rehab rather than discharge.  However:

Army Policy:
In accordance with Army Regulation 600-85, Army Substance Abuse Program, drug abuse will not be tolerated and there are serious consequences for such misbehavior.

All soldiers, to include Army National Guard (ARNG) and U.S. Army Reserve (USAR) soldiers ordered to Active Duty (AD), under Title 10, U.S. Code, who are identified as drug abusers, without exception, will-

-- Be referred to the ASAP counseling center for screening.
-- Be considered for disciplinary action under the UCMJ, as appropriate.
-- Be processed for administrative separation in accordance with AR 600-8-24 (for officers and warrant officers) and AR 635-200 (for enlisted personnel).

Discharge for misconduct under Army Regulation 600-8-24 or Army Regulation 635-200, as appropriate, will be initiated and processed to the separation authority for all soldiers involved in illegal trafficking, distribution, possession, use, or sale of illegal drugs. Soldiers will also be considered for disciplinary action under the UCMJ, consistent with Chapter 6, AR 600-85 and Rule for Courts Martial 306, MCM.

All ARNG and USAR soldiers ordered to AD will be tested for illegal drug abuse at their reception station.

The ingestion of hemp seed oil or products made with hemp seed oil is prohibited.

One would like to think that a kinder, gentler U.S. Army might recognize its contribution to someone's drug addiction, but the Army has truly never accepted that notion as having merit.

There is also this recent policy clarification that seeks to ensure all branches of service are on the same page about drug abuse, especially "since Iraq."

Re: the assertion that Justin's problem would be rehabilitated by the Army once he was reinstated, given the evidence above, I find it unlikely the Army would spend money and time to rehabilitate Justin's "civilian addiction problem" with no clear hope of returning him to a war zone.  This is not Justin's first bout with demon drugs...something that has been unclear up till now on the show re: when did this first start and was he separated from the military at the time.

The show will be what it will be.  
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 03:34:12 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2006, 02:42:14 PM »

We are definately in Thansgiving Week at work.  Lots of shoppers, all of them in a hurry, some of them not very polite about it.  I had Laurie at the register behind me, Brenda at the register in front of me, and we survived by giving each other moral support... whenever we had a chance to breathe, at least.

And it's only going to get busier and busier as the week progresses.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2006, 02:44:33 PM »

So your part was played by Warren Berlinger!   :D
Warren Berlinger?

I think I got the better performer.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2006, 02:45:11 PM »

Dinner time.

Serve the cheerleader, serve the world.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/move]

Michael

« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2006, 02:45:57 PM »

Did someone mention here that the O.J. book and TV show deal are apparently off?
I read that and I'm glad they did it. The whole concept of the book is disturbing. Mr. Simpson is one sick puppy. (My opinion, Not a medical one)
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2006, 02:54:20 PM »

I read that and I'm glad they did it. The whole concept of the book is disturbing. Mr. Simpson is one sick puppy. (My opinion, Not a medical one)
And I doubt you really intended to insult dogs.

One sick weasel.  How's that one, instead?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2006, 03:17:41 PM »

This morning I went for a walk and I saw two bald eagles, a shrike

The José Ferrer film? :)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2006, 03:27:36 PM »

Will your Sacco & Vanzetti film cover any new ground as relates to the actual guilt or innocence of the gents?

There is new information, as presented by David Kaiser, (author of Postmortem: new evidence in the case of Sacco and Vanzetti") but the central thesis of the film is whether they received a fair trial, which, clearly, they did not. It also illustrates the parallels that exist today regarding human rights and immigrants. And finally, it is a portrait of the two gents as seen by those who knew them and through their poignant letters from prison.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2006, 03:31:07 PM »

And I doubt you really intended to insult dogs.

One sick weasel.  How's that one, instead?

No good!  Weasels have and serve a purpose in the grand scheme of things.

Let's see....how about "He's one sick Osama" or "He's one sick Hitler" or "He's one sick Mussolini"?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »

UPS just delivered my Charlie Brown DVDs and CDs.

I'm all set for the holidays!

Bring 'em on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2006, 03:44:37 PM »

No good!  Weasels have and serve a purpose in the grand scheme of things.

Let's see....how about "He's one sick Osama" or "He's one sick Hitler" or "He's one sick Mussolini"?
Those don't work, either.  They were all leaders who ordered the deaths of others on a mass scale.  Compared to them, Simpson is trivial.

Besides, we're talking about a single sick weasel, not weasels in general.  Someone a sane weasel would avoid at all costs.

"Rabid weasel" won't fit, in this case, because that's more in the character of Fred Phelps and his family.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2006, 03:44:54 PM »

Good afternoon dear Esteemed, refreshed, and ped-magnificent BK --

I wish I could be a fly on the wall at the run-through tonight, to watch your new actress meld into the play.  Something tells me that it won't be very difficult for her.  Just a hunch.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2006, 03:45:32 PM »

I feel like taking a nap.

I have no idea where the nap wants to go, but I'll certainly help it along.

MusicGuy

« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2006, 03:45:53 PM »

DR Edi --  I just about plotzed when I read your reference to "birdy num nums" earlier.  That line always cracks up DP Kerry and me.

MusicGuy

« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2006, 03:49:07 PM »

I know he is probably not reading these days.......... but I also wanted to wish a belated Very Happy Birthday and all of the most wonderful wishes to DR Jason .

For you newer DRs who may not be aware, DR Jason has one of the most colorful and emotional voices that I have ever heard.  I had the pleasure of accompanying him a little while back, and even during the rehearsal he brought tears to my eyes during "If I Loved You."  

DR elmoore.......if you happen to run across Jason, tell him he is very missed and still very loved by Kerry and me.

MusicGuy

« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2006, 03:52:53 PM »

TOD:

Musical:  As I've said before, my first was "Milk & Honey" starring Molly Picon, at the Philharmonic Auditorium on Pershing Square in downtown Los Angeles.

Play:  I think "Fortune and Men's Eyes" starring Sal Mineo (who also produced) and a very young Don Johnson (personally selected by Mr. Mineo).  It was at one of those very small theatres in Hollywood.

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2006, 03:54:28 PM »

Hey, Dakota Celt,

Have you seen any North (or South for that matter) Dakota quarters. I collect them and I have not yet seen ANY ND quarters. The South Dakota quarter was released recently and I haven't seen any from them either.

If you have any extra, I would glady send you a regular quarter in exchange for a North Dakota quarter.

DR Ben. let me know if you don't find a South Dakota quarter soon. I've seen a lot of them. I should be able to find one for you.

MusicGuy

« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2006, 03:54:36 PM »

And now I have to get ready for a few evening things.  Everybody make sure to take good care of Mr. BK's home fries !

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2006, 03:55:14 PM »

Will Broadway be the next to do this??

In London, a new production of "The Sound of Music" has opened.  Its star is the winner of a BBC TV reality contest called How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria which ran for 8 weeks as contestants vying for the lead role in the West End revival went head to head singing songs from the show.

The winner was apparently a hands-down favorite and the critics are beside themselves!

Edisaurus

« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2006, 04:13:39 PM »

DR Edi --  I just about plotzed when I read your reference to "birdy num nums" earlier.  That line always cracks up DP Kerry and me.

Yes! I love it and was echoing DR JRand's sentiments...

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »

Nope, you've got it wrong.  The congressman is Rep. Charles Rangel, from New York.  He's a Democrat, representing the 15th district, which covers a fair stretch of upper Manhattan, plus a bit of the Bronx.  He's currently serving his eighteenth term in office, which suggests he doesn't believe in term limits.

His view is rather interesting.  He's saying that he believes one of the reasons the war has gone on so long is because a majority of the troops are ethnic minorities and/or of a low socio-economic status.  He thinks that once the lives of upper-class white folks are impacted to a larger degree than they are now, there will be huge pressure to bring the war to an end.

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2006, 04:38:07 PM »

And whatever became of Tad?

With a name like "Tad," not much I would guess

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2006, 04:50:43 PM »

Just saw that "Kramer" tirade. Yikes! not cool, not cool at all.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2006, 04:51:13 PM »

With a name like "Tad," not much I would guess

Didn't Tad die during the Cujo attack?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up