Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MY COMELY FEET  (Read 31616 times)

Cillaliz

Re:MY COMELY FEET
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2006, 04:52:33 PM »

His view is rather interesting.  He's saying that he believes one of the reasons the war has gone on so long is because a majority of the troops are ethnic minorities and/or of a low socio-economic status.  He thinks that once the lives of upper-class white folks are impacted to a larger degree than they are now, there will be huge pressure to bring the war to an end.

He's not the first to promote this theory. It's interesting to me that there was only one member of congress who had a child in Iraq. Not hard to send people to war if you don't have to send your own.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2006, 04:53:46 PM »

Didn't Tad die during the Cujo attack?

Oh, was Tad bit?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2006, 04:55:38 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2006, 05:10:37 PM »

His view is rather interesting.  He's saying that he believes one of the reasons the war has gone on so long is because a majority of the troops are ethnic minorities and/or of a low socio-economic status.

Shucks we can fix that - we'll just establish a "maximum" quota for minority servicemen - we can soon have "white's only need apply" signs in the Recruiting Offices. And while we're at it, let's make sure that the ROTC programs do not have a racial imbalance - we'll bump those deserving minorities right out and make more room for the suburban white boys.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2006, 05:10:49 PM »

I know he is probably not reading these days.......... but I also wanted to wish a belated Very Happy Birthday and all of the most wonderful wishes to DR Jason .

For you newer DRs who may not be aware, DR Jason has one of the most colorful and emotional voices that I have ever heard.  I had the pleasure of accompanying him a little while back, and even during the rehearsal he brought tears to my eyes during "If I Loved You."  

DR elmoore.......if you happen to run across Jason, tell him he is very missed and still very loved by Kerry and me.

DR Musicguy, I sent Jason a email several days ago and he has not responded.  I think we are all of us out of sight and out of mind.  The only person he keeps stays close to is our DR Jose.  I do know that he's been busy with his theatre vending jobs.

Yes, DR Jason has a wonderful voice.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 05:12:58 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2006, 05:12:57 PM »

Will Broadway be the next to do this??

In London, a new production of "The Sound of Music" has opened.  Its star is the winner of a BBC TV reality contest called How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria which ran for 8 weeks as contestants vying for the lead role in the West End revival went head to head singing songs from the show.

The winner was apparently a hands-down favorite and the critics are beside themselves!

DR RLP - I think a reality show to find the new leads for a Broadway revival of GREASE is already being taped....not sure how it works, but DR JOSE was talking about it a few moons ago.   8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2006, 05:26:15 PM »

Almost time for THE CLASS and then HEROES!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2006, 05:34:18 PM »

It's interesting to me that there was only one member of congress who had a child in Iraq. Not hard to send people to war if you don't have to send your own.  

The last Congressman I worked with Steve Kuykendall (R-CA) who was an ex-Marine, had a daughter who graduated from the Naval Academy and was piloting jet aircraft over IRAQ at the same time he was supporting the war in Washington.

der Brucer

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2006, 05:41:24 PM »

I read that and I'm glad they did it. The whole concept of the book is disturbing. Mr. Simpson is one sick puppy. (My opinion, Not a medical one)

Well I can give you the collective clinical but informal opinion of my co-workers.  We diagnosed him with narcissistic personality disorder and anti-social personality disorder over lunch last week.  

DERBRUCER

« Reply #189 on: November 20, 2006, 05:59:31 PM »

Well I can give you the collective clinical but informal opinion of my co-workers.  We diagnosed him with narcissistic personality disorder and anti-social personality disorder over lunch last week.  

What happened to "psychopath" or "sociopath" or, my favorite, "evil bastard".

der Brucer

Ben

« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2006, 06:10:17 PM »

Thanks, Cil for the quarter offer. I will take you up on it. I used to get the quarters regularly when I went to the greenmarket (I like to get them in my change, I don't want them in the official U.S. Mint Plastic Proof Case) but my farmer folk haven't had any new quarters for quite a while.

Michael

« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2006, 06:55:02 PM »

Will Broadway be the next to do this??

In London, a new production of "The Sound of Music" has opened.  Its star is the winner of a BBC TV reality contest called How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria which ran for 8 weeks as contestants vying for the lead role in the West End revival went head to head singing songs from the show.

The winner was apparently a hands-down favorite and the critics are beside themselves!

They are doing it. But for a revival of Grease that will include the film songs
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2006, 06:57:01 PM »

Someone beat me to it. (See posting above)
Never stop dreaming.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #193 on: November 20, 2006, 07:32:10 PM »

Tad is from ALL MY CHILDREN. And he is still on there.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #194 on: November 20, 2006, 07:33:10 PM »

DR Jason watched our cats awhile back when we were out of town.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #195 on: November 20, 2006, 07:33:32 PM »

HEROES was solid, as usual. Can't wait for next week!

Jennifer

« Reply #196 on: November 20, 2006, 07:35:30 PM »

Re: last night's BROTHERS & SISTERS.

I do like the show a lot more now than i did at first. I could not really get into the first two episodes.  I don't like it as much as UGLY BETTY or HEROES.

As for the whole Justin thing, what they wrote bugged me on many levels.  Taking someone with a drug addiction is bad enough. But he clearly suffered a lot of problems after returning last time. I don't like the idea of people being forced to go to war. But would they really send a drug addict who was a mess after his last stint?

Nobody else mentioned this, but did anyone else find the land/newfound money solution way too easy.  It seems too soon to have solved that matter.  And why let them off the hook so easily?

Jennifer

« Reply #197 on: November 20, 2006, 07:36:23 PM »

HEROES was good. Will write more tomorrow when others have seen it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #198 on: November 20, 2006, 07:46:17 PM »

Warren Berlinger?

I think I got the better performer.

I didn't realize you had been with Mr. Berlinger.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #199 on: November 20, 2006, 07:57:59 PM »

T.O.D.

As I have mentioned here before, the first professional musical I ever saw was ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Imogene Coca, King Donovan, and Edward Everett Horton as The King.  Surprisingly enough, I saw it right here in Tacoma in about 1961.

The first professional play I ever saw was probably THE CRUCIBLE performed by the Seattle Rep, followed a few years later by BLITHE SPIRIT with Margaret Hamilton as Madame Arcati.

First New York musical and play:  The all-black cast of HELLO DOLLY, starring Pearl Bailey;  and the original off-Broadway production of BOYS IN THE BAND.  Hmmm, they both sound like musicals.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 07:58:57 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2006, 08:16:29 PM »

Sounds right to me....I've met a lot of that sort in my line of work

Cillaliz

« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2006, 08:18:52 PM »

Thanks, Cil for the quarter offer. I will take you up on it. I used to get the quarters regularly when I went to the greenmarket (I like to get them in my change, I don't want them in the official U.S. Mint Plastic Proof Case) but my farmer folk haven't had any new quarters for quite a while.

Ok, just let me know when you need them, I can go to the bank on the first floor of the building my office is in if I don't have one, they'll give me change for a dollar even if I don't bank there.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 08:24:04 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2006, 08:25:41 PM »

Had an email from JHVW. He's doing very well and is very busy working on some graphics for a new show at the station.  He says hello to everyone.  I'll miss him on Turkey day, but we will be together for Christmas.  Looking forward to it

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »

Thanks you, DR Ron, for the estensive research on the drug positions of the armed forces. I appreciate that effort; it was very interesting to read.

I get the feeling, however, that the Army (and other branches such as the Marines in A FEW GOOD MEN) will pretty much do as they please and, perhaps, make an example out of soldiers from time to time lest someone start getting any bright ideas.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2006, 08:35:20 PM »

I have known a few people like that.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #205 on: November 20, 2006, 08:37:24 PM »

I continued watching another 45 minutes of so of THE DA VINCI CODE. When the car accident happened in flashback, I jumped straight up out of my seat even though I just saw this movie on Saturday night. But with the added audio of my system, it really had a visceral effect on me.

Matt H.

« Reply #206 on: November 20, 2006, 08:38:40 PM »

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER was totally enjoyable tonight. Funny, silly, engaging. Now that the two couples are back on secure ground, the show is really loads of fun without a lot of angst.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #207 on: November 20, 2006, 08:41:06 PM »

What happened to "psychopath" or "sociopath" or, my favorite, "evil bastard".

der Brucer

Antisocial personality disorder is psychiatric speak for sociopath.  Basically a person operating without a conscience.  It's a mental health diagnosis, but the person in question has the ability to discern right from wrong. They just don't care.  Usually charismatic, charming, manipulative.

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: November 20, 2006, 08:41:48 PM »

THE CLASS had angst galore, and I'd just rather laugh rather than be put through these traumatic marriages and sour, suspicious relationships.

Once again, for me, the show was saved by the gay characters' storyline. A week or two ago, TV GUIDE critic Matt ROush mentioned that he thought a little of them went a long way, but for me, they could be the entire show, and I'd find it fun. It's the other stories that either don't interest me or make me squirm in my seat.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2006, 08:42:31 PM »

And on that happy note, I'm off to bed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up