Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: CHRISTMAS BABBLE ON  (Read 35930 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:CHRISTMAS BABBLE ON
« Reply #180 on: December 25, 2003, 10:12:02 PM »

I don't think the last issued laserdisc of SCROOGE fiddled with the aspect ratio, DR td. Doesn't look like information is missing from the sides, but Fox was infamous for trimming the sides of Panavision movies to lessen the matte (DIE HARD used to make me crazy). I don't think they did it with SCROOGE, though.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #181 on: December 25, 2003, 10:14:15 PM »

Last Christmas day 31 posts. I know quality is better than quantity but this year we have both. Considering the Christmas "pressures" on all of us and the absence from computers for some, indeed this is a remarkably cheery Christmas posting festival.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #182 on: December 25, 2003, 10:15:28 PM »

Did somebody say "a festival?"
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Tomovoz

« Reply #183 on: December 25, 2003, 10:24:32 PM »

A festival indeed Cinderella. Now get to work on those lentils. At least we know there will be a Fairy Godmother never far from this site. Possibly a ferry godmother in some regions!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #184 on: December 25, 2003, 10:26:50 PM »

A merry chirstmas to Mr Barkalot too. (and to all you other readers out there in the dark of the night). Hope you had a wonderful day Mark.
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #185 on: December 25, 2003, 11:44:38 PM »

Merry Christmas, one and all! I hope you all had wonderful days, and from reading all of your posts, it seems you did. I did, as well...

We all ended up going to my grandparents' house, including my brother, who is apparently over his flu. So much food was to be had that I simply had to have it all...turkey, stuffing, quite possibly the best mashed potatoes I've ever put in mouth (I had a double-helping of those), corn pudding, country ham, deviled eggs, banana croquettes, green beans, egg noodles, salad, hot rolls and the sweet tea was a-flowin'. God, sometimes I just LOVE the south! I ate till I nearly vomited on the floor, and then after opening gifts, I hunted down the left-over turkey and ate some more! OINK OINK! And I've nearly polished off the fried chicken from last night, too... I don't feel guilty, though--bloated, yes, but not guilty. I figure this is literally the one time every year that I get my family's cooking, so why not gorge myself while I can?

Now, as for gifts--I think I listed most of them last night, but I'll give a full report now. It is a most impressive list and I have no clue how I'll be getting everything home. Here goes:

A Mini-Disc Player
A digital camera
A new pair of Gap Jeans
A new zip-up sweater from Gap
A new Gap hooded sweatshirt
A new Gap turtleneck sweater (charcoal grey--my favorite)
5 blank mini-discs
12 AA batteries (a strange Santa tradition, but very useful)
New socks, underwear and t-shirts from my grandmother
A new pair of Doc Marten shoes from my grandparents, which I will exchange for cologne, since I just bought a pair of shoes while I was in West Virginia
$75 from my two uncles' families
A 3-pound box of assorted chocolates from my great aunt
and...
A $50 gift card to Barnes and Noble from my brother.

Yes, I'm spoiled to death and I realize it and I appreciate it very much. I have a wonderful, very kooky family, and despite our familiar dysfunctions, we all love each other very much.  I will say this, though--thanks be to God that Christmas is only once a year.

I know the holiday is officially over, but I'm watching NATIONAL LAMPOON'S CHRISTMAS VACATION right now. What a hoot!!

Hope your Boxing Day is everything you'd like it to be..and don't get trampled at the malls!!

Mr. Mark Bakalor

• Administrator
  • SAG / AFTRA
    • mark, my words
« Reply #186 on: December 25, 2003, 11:46:55 PM »

Thanks so much Tom! Same to all... :)

Jason

« Reply #187 on: December 25, 2003, 11:50:06 PM »

Merry, Merry, Mr. Mark. :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #188 on: December 25, 2003, 11:57:05 PM »

With under 5 minutes to go DRs., Goodnight and may the remainder of your festive season be joyful.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2003, 12:00:00 AM »

MERRY
AND HAPPY
EVERYTHING
TO ALL ! !

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #190 on: December 26, 2003, 12:01:10 AM »

Hey, my last post was posted EXACTLY at Midnight!!  There's no way at all that I could have timed that!  :D

I know, I know...simple pleasures for simple minds (mine).  ::)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2003, 12:02:32 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: December 26, 2003, 12:01:36 AM »

Last call - as you'll read in tomorrow's notes, this was one of the best and warmest Christmases ever, thanks to everyone here.

George

« Reply #192 on: December 26, 2003, 12:04:45 AM »

Okay, at the very end of Christmas day, here's one of my favorite e-mails:

Christmas Carols for the Psychologically Challenged

SCHIZOPHRENIA:
Do You Hear What I Hear?

MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER:
We Three Queens Disoriented Are

DEMENTIA:
I Think I'll Be Home for Christmas

NARCISSISTIC:
Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me

MANIC:
Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Busses and Trucks and Trees and Fire Hydrants

PARANOID:
Santa Claus is Coming to Get Me.

PERSONALITY DISORDER:
You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell you Why.

DEPRESSION:
Silent Anhedonia, Holy Anhedonia, All is Flat, All is Lonely.

OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE DISORDER:
Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock...........(better start again)

PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE PERSONALITY:
On the First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me (and then took it all away).

BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER:
Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up