Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: LOVELIER THAN LOVELY  (Read 23932 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:LOVELIER THAN LOVELY
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2006, 08:23:54 PM »

I began my viewing tonight with ALL OVER THE GUY. I was flipping around my cable channels, and noticed that HBO was showing the film on one of their channels. It was already about 30 minutes in, so since I had the DVD, I put it in the player and watched the whole thing. Always enjoyable.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2006, 08:26:22 PM »

Page Seven TOY STORY Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2006, 08:29:30 PM »

Next I put in MRS. SANTA CLAUS. I hadn't watched this special since it first appeared on CBS-TV almost ten years ago. At the time I was disappointed in the Jerry Herman music and story.

I have to say on this second hearing, the songs are more tuneful and lilting than I gave them credit for being when I first saw it. The story is still kind of all over the place, but for lighthearted holiday entertainment, it's fine.

I watched the commercial VHS tape I was given as a Christmas present and had never watched until tonight. I think I will probably find a used copy of the DVD to buy for myself so I can have it with a bit better quality.

Matt H.

« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2006, 08:30:44 PM »

I finished my evening with two CSI: MIAMI episodes from the fourth year set. The first found the three young CSIs coming to different conclusions based on the same evidence. The original CSI did an episode like this a few years ago that was very successful, and this one was, too. A favorite from last season.

Matt H.

« Reply #184 on: November 25, 2006, 08:32:14 PM »

The other episode was the very frustrating one in which Horatio is framed from the murder of a woman by his arch nemesis Walter Resden, who is allowed to walk by a vengeful judge Horatio lowered the boom on in an episode the previous season.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »

So, with many of my favorites preempted tomorrow night, I'll have only DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, BOSTON LEGAL, and DEXTER to watch/record. That will leave most of the day for OH WHAT A LOVELY WAR and anything else I happen to get a craving to watch. Should be a fun day tomorrow.

MBarnum

« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2006, 08:48:27 PM »

No Diver Dan yet, Vixmom!

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2006, 08:52:14 PM »

I'm heading off to bed now. Maybe I can get another 8 hours tonight.

Good night!

MBarnum

« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2006, 08:52:17 PM »

I was watching the Spanish language version of Universal's 1931 DRACULA, the version filmed with the Spanish speaking cast, but doggone it if'n I can only get the English subtitles for the hearing impared to come on rather then just plain English subtitles...so not only does it give me the English traslantion it tells me when something creaks, when someone laughs, giggles, screams, ect.

It was most annoying so I turned it off. I wanted to watch it because I will have the opportunity to meet it's star, Lupita Tovar, when I go to L.A. as she is being honored at a Motion Picture Arts and Sciences event that I plan to attend...I am hoping her daughter Susan Kohner will also be there!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 08:53:13 PM by MBarnum »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2006, 09:02:37 PM »

I was watching the Spanish language version of Universal's 1931 DRACULA, the version filmed with the Spanish speaking cast, but doggone it if'n I can only get the English subtitles for the hearing impared to come on rather then just plain English subtitles...so not only does it give me the English traslantion it tells me when something creaks, when someone laughs, giggles, screams, ect.

It was most annoying so I turned it off. I wanted to watch it because I will have the opportunity to meet it's star, Lupita Tovar, when I go to L.A. as she is being honored at a Motion Picture Arts and Sciences event that I plan to attend...I am hoping her daughter Susan Kohner will also be there!

At times, Uncle Mike, you frighten me!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François

« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2006, 10:00:53 PM »

Is Lupita Tovar... rich?

Jean-Pierre Aumont might have known?! LOL!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2006, 10:56:39 PM »

Beautiful birds Tom!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2006, 10:56:57 PM »

I love your tattoo Tpunk... it is lovely!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: November 25, 2006, 11:02:57 PM »

This morning I went to the arboretum for a walk. Although I left the memory chip for the camera at home, the camera has an internal memory that holds a very few pictures. This is what I saw:

Lovely picture Laura!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: November 25, 2006, 11:03:26 PM »

Tpunk, I tried to email you about some sheet music and some wooden beads but your mailbox is full dear....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: November 25, 2006, 11:05:47 PM »

Long time no see Francois!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2006, 11:17:09 PM »

TOTD:

We did not really have department stores on the same level as NYC or LA.

The first ones I remember  would be JCPenneys and Sears. We also had a local department store called Norbys and Griffiths. Both Norbys and the Sears store in Fargo had escalators. It was the first time i had ever seen an escalator and I was 8 yrs old.

I fondly remembering visiting rellies in Winnepeg and going to Eatons and to the Bay. I love the Winnipeg Bay store. It had a waterwheel in there to pay tribute to the history and heritage of Winnepeg. It  was on the fourth floor and it had fantastic little restaurant. I cant remember but there was also another large deparment store on Portage avenue in Winnepeg but I cannot recall the name of it at this time. It is connected to Portabe place.

I remember going to the old Dayton Hudson stores in the twin cities. They were later bought out by Marshall Fields and they are now owned by Macy's. Sad in a way to see the loss of those old regional department stores.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2006, 11:35:08 PM »

Back from a really long day giving a tour of the city, dinner, and watching a movie.

Speaking of a movie, tomorrow I'm seeing Dreamgirls.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2006, 11:54:30 PM »

Next I put in MRS. SANTA CLAUS. I hadn't watched this special since it first appeared on CBS-TV almost ten years ago. At the time I was disappointed in the Jerry Herman music and story.

I have to say on this second hearing, the songs are more tuneful and lilting than I gave them credit for being when I first saw it. The story is still kind of all over the place, but for lighthearted holiday entertainment, it's fine.

I watched the commercial VHS tape I was given as a Christmas present and had never watched until tonight. I think I will probably find a used copy of the DVD to buy for myself so I can have it with a bit better quality.

I bought the laserdisc of "Mrs. Santa Claus" on eBay a few years ago.  I've had the CD and enjoy it...don't love it, but I enjoy it. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2006, 11:56:17 PM »

Welcome back, François! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2006, 11:56:31 PM »

Gratuitous Post # 200.

George

« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2006, 12:01:24 AM »

I didn't watch the shows from the DVR that I wanted to.  I was flipping channels and "White Christmas" was on.  I was just going to watch for a few minutes, but I ended up watching the last 45 minutes.  "Easter Parade" came on next and I kept that on while I went downstairs and made dinner (frozen organic enchiladas...very good).  The Marx Brothers' "Coconuts" is on now, but I'm not really watching it.  I got sidetracked by the Broadway.com clips of all the show openings and anniversaries, especially the 10th anniversary of the revival of Chicago, and Brent Barrett (the World's Sexiest Man Alive, in HHW lingo ;)) and his blond hair. ;D

George

« Reply #202 on: November 26, 2006, 12:04:10 AM »

Speaking of a movie, tomorrow I'm seeing Dreamgirls.

I can't wait to see this!  I hope it's good.  I've really enjoyed the few clips that I've seen.

BK, have you heard anything about it, yet?  Good?  Adequate?  Horrid??
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up