Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAVENS TO BETSY  (Read 25919 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:HEAVENS TO BETSY
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 07:34:50 AM »

I've never liked hats much. If you have short hair (or no hair), they're fine, but as my hair is fairly long, I find hats to weird things to my hair when I wear them. Of course, if I'm having a bad hair day, hats can cover a lot of problems.

My favorite kind of hat of the ones I have is a British touring cap. I love the way they look on the right man.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2006, 07:37:42 AM »

Page Two Aladdin Dance!!!

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2006, 07:47:13 AM »

Catching up on my (online) professional reading took me to youtube videos from

Bookstore Tourism

Great tours of indie bookstores in NYC & LA.

Comments from DRs?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2006, 07:59:24 AM »

Congrats to DR GEORGE on 10.000 posts!

Lovely new avatar from DR LAURA....we now know what DR singingnymph look like!

And the box office snafu is typical.  There are some local theatres I do NOT attend no matter what show they are doing, because I will NOT deal with the Box Office personnel.  I wish theatres would realize that those are the people that STAND for their organization.  I know that dealing with some people is difficult (I work in the box office during the summer) - but PLEASE!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2006, 08:00:57 AM »

I have now seen VAL KILMER as MOSES....

Whew!  It is certainly worth the $12.09 you must pay at DDD.  

Comcast did its job....so far....so good!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006, 08:01:31 AM »

Too bad they don't have that tour in Indy, DRGINNY.....we could have visitors at Ye Olde WOW.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2006, 08:02:37 AM »

DR VIXMOM I must have your snail mail address.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 08:05:45 AM »

LOL DR RLP...

Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock divorcing....it is the end of an era....if an era lasts 4 years.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 08:09:22 AM »

I got my Val Kilmer IS Moses yesterday, but don't when I'll get around to watching it. Should be fun.

As I mentioned last night, today, I'll finish the second SUPERMAN disc in the set, watch last night's recorded shows, and then get to THE FALLEN IDOL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 08:09:50 AM »

DR BK:  What is this word of the day "benigment"?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 08:11:50 AM »

Unbelievable that I don't watch anything at 8, but once we get to 9, the dam bursts. At 10, I have FOUR shows I want to see. Lots of recorders juggling shows then.

Of course, this may be my last time recording 3 LBS. The show hasn't hooked me yet, and the ratings have been so mediocre that I'm not sure how long CBS will stay with the show. Like last year's LOVE MONKEY, it just hasn't captured the public's attention.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2006, 08:13:06 AM »

I got my Val Kilmer IS Moses yesterday, but don't when I'll get around to watching it. Should be fun.

As I mentioned last night, today, I'll finish the second SUPERMAN disc in the set, watch last night's recorded shows, and then get to THE FALLEN IDOL.

I KNEW there was a streak of masochism in you!  Val Kilmer as/IS Moses ain't my idea of fun.   ;D

As for "Superman", ALAS THE DAY.  I'm a week away from obtaining my 14-disc ulta-Superman collection and I've already learned there are problems with two of the discs.

Warner Brothers is upfront about the problem and will replace the problem discs once I call them.  I'm certain I'll need the set in hand before calling...probably some code or other I'll have to read off.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2006, 08:13:54 AM »

I just read Glenn Erickson's review of PANDORA'S BOX. I've never seen this movie, but he certainly does make it sound intriguing. The Criterion disc is prohibitively expensive as a blind buy, if anyone has gotten it, please post your reactions here. Thanks.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2006, 08:15:19 AM »

As for "Superman", ALAS THE DAY.  I'm a week away from obtaining my 14-disc ulta-Superman collection and I've already learned there are problems with two of the discs.

What sorts of problems. Since I didn't order the set, I haven't read threads on forums about it. Can you elaborate?

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2006, 08:17:23 AM »

Too bad they don't have that tour in Indy, DRGINNY.....we could have visitors at Ye Olde WOW.

I now want to go to all of the stores in NYC and LA!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2006, 08:19:20 AM »

Heading down now to possibly get the living room cleaned early before starting on lunch preparation.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2006, 08:19:36 AM »

Re: "Heroes"

SPOILERS

I was very distraught to learn that the writers had introduced this wonderful waitress character...and then decided to give her an aneurysm that would have killed her as surely as Sylar's bullet did.

I totally "get" the reference to brains being missing from possible future Sylar victims since we've learned he's managed to find a way to acquire powers by accessing the DNA of his victims....but why kill Charlie?  He didn't take any part of her brain!  And her gift was phenomenal.  

Niki/Jessica's story was a revelation!  Didn't know that they had been twins.  This is shades of "The Other"!!!

It's still difficult to tell which way the ball will bounce -- if, indeed, it will bounce at all -- with the cheerleader's dad.  And his getting that woman to pose as a neighbor/friend of the Indian professor....well...that smacks of something sinister if I've ever seen anything sinister.  She's the one who stopped Sylar last week after the attack on the cheerleaders.  

My BIG QUESTION -- that black guy we see with her -- is he seen by anyone else?  I never got the feeling that anyone else acknowledged his presence...only her.  So....

LOVE this show!  Hiro and Peter and the Cheerleader remain my favorite characters.  Can't wait to see where the writers take us....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:20:53 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2006, 08:23:28 AM »

What sorts of problems. Since I didn't order the set, I haven't read threads on forums about it. Can you elaborate?

Statement from Warner Home Video, November 27, 2006

Bonus content was omitted from the "Superman III Deluxe Edition" in the 14-disc "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition." Furthermore, disc one of "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition" did not include the Dolby Digital 2.0 mix. Neither disc is known to be physically defective in any way.

Warner Home Video wants to extend apologies to all of our loyal Superman fans who've waited so patiently for these great collections and has taken immediate steps to correct these errors with the intention of standing behind our product 100%.

Replacement discs can be obtained by calling: 800-553-6937. The exchange program applies only to purchases of the "Superman III Deluxe Edition" in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition" and to disc one of "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition," available as a single title, as well as in "The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection" and in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2006, 08:25:27 AM »

I like to wear a baseball cap when I am directing and outdoors during the summer....since like DR ELMORE, I am hair-challenged.

I bought a couple of flat golf caps last week and I like those now and then.  I always wanted a Foreign Legion hat because they look so neat, but I don't think I could wear it with any style.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2006, 08:28:27 AM »

Statement from Warner Home Video, November 27, 2006

Bonus content was omitted from the "Superman III Deluxe Edition" in the 14-disc "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition." Furthermore, disc one of "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition" did not include the Dolby Digital 2.0 mix. Neither disc is known to be physically defective in any way.

Warner Home Video wants to extend apologies to all of our loyal Superman fans who've waited so patiently for these great collections and has taken immediate steps to correct these errors with the intention of standing behind our product 100%.

Replacement discs can be obtained by calling: 800-553-6937. The exchange program applies only to purchases of the "Superman III Deluxe Edition" in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition" and to disc one of "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition," available as a single title, as well as in "The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection" and in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition."

Must have been somebody's first day at the DVD factory.  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2006, 08:31:38 AM »

Once I left behind my coonskin cap back in grade school I never wore a hat again until recently. Now I wear a baseball cap once in awhile when my hair gets long and unseemly.

I would love for the Fedora to make a comeback...some guys look quite handsome in them (think Kaysar on Big Brother!).

MBarnum

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2006, 08:36:42 AM »

I have two new Christmas CDs to listen to...a double album CD of The New Christy Minstrels MERRY CHRISTMAS and CHRISTMAS WITH THE CHRISTIES and I picked up a Japanese import WHITE CHRISTMAS KAYAMA YUZO.

Kayama Yuzo (better known as Yuzo Kayama to us Americans) was a big star in Japan in the 1960s and co-starred with Toshiro Mifune in SANJURO and in RED BEARD...evidently he was quite a singer, as I will soon find out.

MBarnum

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2006, 08:37:11 AM »

There are large fluffy snow flakes falling outside as I type this.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2006, 08:40:38 AM »

It's a very cool morning here (I could see my breath!), but the skies are blue and the air is crisp and refreshing.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2006, 08:46:50 AM »

Fifty two degrees here in Mooresville Indiana

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2006, 08:48:07 AM »

Molly in Seattle is home because of ICE ICE ICE on the roads and streets.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2006, 08:48:52 AM »

I had a lovely chiropractic session yesterday afternoon.  Minor tweaks put me to rights.

Afterward, I took some boxes to a packaging store to have them sent back to SC prior to my return on Dec. 14.    And, since I was in the neighborhood, I shopped at a favorite market with a scrumptious deli and bought buttermilk fried chicken and soup for my dinner.

At home, I did nothing but relax.  I watched a few episodes of "CSI" on Spike TV before "Heroes" aired.  After "Heroes" it was bedtime, and I slept like a log.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2006, 08:50:44 AM »

I always wanted a Foreign Legion hat because they look so neat, but I don't think I could wear it with any style.

Well, there's always a French Foreign Legion uniform.  It would go with that.

Even in Mooresville IN.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2006, 08:52:06 AM »

Kayama Yuzo (better known as Yuzo Kayama to us Americans)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2006, 08:52:07 AM »

Mine hasn't arrived yet. :(

I'm sure that it'll get here any day, now! ;D

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up