Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAVENS TO BETSY  (Read 26196 times)

Jennifer

Re:HEAVENS TO BETSY
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2006, 10:54:20 AM »

HEROES spoilers from last night.

Re: "Heroes"

SPOILERS

I was very distraught to learn that the writers had introduced this wonderful waitress character...and then decided to give her an aneurysm that would have killed her as surely as Sylar's bullet did.

I totally "get" the reference to brains being missing from possible future Sylar victims since we've learned he's managed to find a way to acquire powers by accessing the DNA of his victims....but why kill Charlie?  He didn't take any part of her brain!  And her gift was phenomenal.  

Niki/Jessica's story was a revelation!  Didn't know that they had been twins.  This is shades of "The Other"!!!

It's still difficult to tell which way the ball will bounce -- if, indeed, it will bounce at all -- with the cheerleader's dad.  And his getting that woman to pose as a neighbor/friend of the Indian professor....well...that smacks of something sinister if I've ever seen anything sinister.  She's the one who stopped Sylar last week after the attack on the cheerleaders.  

My BIG QUESTION -- that black guy we see with her -- is he seen by anyone else?  I never got the feeling that anyone else acknowledged his presence...only her.  So....

LOVE this show!  Hiro and Peter and the Cheerleader remain my favorite characters.  Can't wait to see where the writers take us....

I'm also very sad that charlie will not be a regular. The only thing i can think of is that the writers did not realize that she would be as popular as she is.  I think every person i've seen post about the show just loves her, myself included.

Re: the black guy that eden sees.  I assumed he was real. But I don't know that anybody else has acknowledged him.

While reading posts at the televisionwithoutpity forum, i noticed some people were talking about the previews for next week.  I didn't get to see that preview, but i'm gathering something major is supposed to happen next week.

I don't want to know any spoilers. But anybody have any guesses who it will happen to?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2006, 10:56:21 AM »

And the word of the day is: BENIGMENT!

I love going to the French Quarter to the Café du Monde. It fills me with benigment. (and a few beignets...)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2006, 10:56:26 AM »

I also don't have anything on tonight at 8pm. Actually i don't have anything really at 9pm either (although i'll probably check out the new weddding comedy). At 10pm i have gilmore girls and boston legan conclusion. And at 11pm Veronica Mars.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2006, 11:00:28 AM »

Well...the words of encouragement on the Hollywood Video site about Mr Kilmer's DVD are on the money:

"...what's curious is how much weight is given to Moses' romantic problems in comparison to his deeds..."

"...Derry's lyrics are simply asinine reach[ing] their nadir in her reworking of the Ten Commandments into maxims suitable for greeting cards."

"If bad musical theatre was a crime, this would be all the evidence anyone would need to lock up the dubious talents involved in this ill-conceived venture."

"....this musical is a parade of bad ideas and a celebration of mediocrity...."

I can hardly wait until Val goes on the 700 CLUB and Paul and Jan's show to try to sell it.

;D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 11:04:16 AM by JRand56 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2006, 11:14:57 AM »

I haven't put any Advent stuff up yet in my office,  but here are the framed leaves I put up for autumn. I got these leaves while visiting my sister in Maine:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2006, 11:16:07 AM »

I also don't have anything on tonight...

A line cut from First Nudie Musical?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2006, 11:19:52 AM »

Lovely leaves, DR LAURA.

We should all use them to take an ink blot test.

I see a pine cone, a star, and a bear rug in the frame second from left.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2006, 11:24:57 AM »

I drink my breakfast coffee from a mug from the Cafe du Monde (mentioned above by edisaurus).

FJL

« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2006, 11:25:44 AM »

A MUG FROM THE CAFE DU MONDE - sounds like a Piaf song

Or maybe not.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2006, 11:29:25 AM »

Back from my jog - it's gorgeous out but VERY nippy and I really don't like running when it's this cold.

Must now go purchase envelopes and begin addressing them, although I think I won't get that many done today.  I think Sunday is going to be an all-day address-athon and that's when I'll have a helper come in.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2006, 11:42:34 AM »

THE DAILY STUPIDITY:

Battle line: off-road or off-limits
Four-wheel-drive enthusiasts want to reopen wild Surprise Canyon, but environmentalists say no. The fight over the state road goes to U.S. court.

Five years after it was temporarily closed to off-road enthusiasts who winched their vehicles up its limestone waterfalls, a coveted canyon on Death Valley National Park's western edge has been reclaimed by nature's hand.

Thick willow groves have erased nearly all traces of the washed-out road that once pointed extreme sportsmen to the ruins of a onetime silver boom town. Bighorn sheep appear with greater frequency, conservationists note, and the endangered Inyo California towhee has returned.

But the battle for Surprise Canyon, home of the longest year-round stream in the Panamint Range, has revved up a notch: More than 100 four-wheel-drive aficionados determined to see their prized run reopened have filed a lawsuit in federal court that is being closely watched throughout the West.

MOTOR SPORT: Members of the West Coast Four Wheel Drive Club traversed Surprise Canyon until 2001, when it was closed. Until then, drivers moved boulders and pruned trees to open a rough roadway.
(Steve Friend / For The Times)

ROUGH CLIMB: Richard Gauthier, a member of the Gettin' Off 4x4 Club, winches his Jeep up a waterfall in Surprise Canyon shortly before it was closed pending a joint environmental review by federal agencies.
(Andrew Simpkins)

Here is today's view of what they want to trash:

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2006, 11:54:44 AM »

"UP YOURS!" - the new Elton John Musical?
Courier-Mail

PM's gay stance gets "Up yours"
Steve Connolly
November 28, 2006 11:00pm

GAY rock star Sir Elton John has delivered an "up yours" message to Prime Minister John Howard for opposing same-sex marriages.

Sir Elton, in Sydney last night for the first of three concerts, said he was unimpressed with the lack of legislation to protect gay couples in Australia.

The 59-year-old and his partner David Furnish last December became one of the first gay couples in England to tie the knot in a civil partnership ceremony.

"It was just a commitment I wanted to make because I love him, and vice-versa, and it was just a great day," Sir Elton told the Seven Network.

Asked what he would like to say to Mr Howard about his views on gay marriage, Sir Elton replied: "Up yours."

The Howard Government earlier this year scuttled plans to allow gay marriages in the ACT.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2006, 12:10:51 PM »

Christmas fun in Atlanta:

The Santaland Diaries’

Harold M. Leaver reprises his perennial role as the caustic Crumpet in David Sedaris’ ‘Santaland Diaries.’

der Brucer

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2006, 12:11:52 PM »

The cold snap continues. A little weatherbug tells me it is 53F.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 12:13:20 PM by DearReaderLaura »

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2006, 12:12:43 PM »

Surprise Canyon is beautiful today; I hope it stays that way.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2006, 12:17:57 PM »

A little weatherbug tells me it is 53F.

And if it gets a tad warmer will it tell you 53F#?

der Brucer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2006, 12:27:22 PM »

Christmas fun in Atlanta

Harold M. Leaver reprises his perennial role as the caustic Crumpet in David Sedaris’ ‘Santaland Diaries.’

der Brucer

I believe the first dramatic presentation of Sedaris' story starred Timothy Olyphant at the Atlantic Theatre Company.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2006, 12:34:03 PM »

Quote from: DERBRUCER Christmas fun in Atlanta:
[quote

Thanks, Der B! We somehow happen to miss that every year, even though we love David Sedaris. (His sister Amy is giving a reading at the Decatur Library tonight but I will miss it in lieu of picking up the French boy when he arrives.)  I will most def try to see it. (Although it's probably a no "Brain"-errrr....)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DERBRUCER

« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2006, 01:05:39 PM »

...in lieu of picking up the French boy when he arrives..

Is there Trouble in Paradise:

The warmly embraced "My Little French Boy" has been cooly demoted to a dispassionsate "The French Boy".

der Brucer (who can read great drama into the simplest of things 8)

Edisaurus

« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2006, 01:14:15 PM »

Is there Trouble in Paradise:

The warmly embraced "My Little French Boy" has been cooly demoted to a dispassionsate "The French Boy".

No trouble, I'm just too tired to type after spending many late nights preparing for his visit. But it's totally worth it because we love him so very much! (No one else gets such royal treatment!)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2006, 01:21:08 PM »

Had an enjoyable afternoon of video watching. I also got the living room cleaned while my lunch was cooking.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2006, 01:25:11 PM »

Oh, Timothy Olyphant is one of my favorites. Now that DEADWOOD has ended (apart from the two made-for-HBO movies still to come), I am hoping he'll get a network series soon. I'd love to see him in something lightly dramatic, like BONES.

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2006, 01:27:06 PM »

I started the afternoon with the rest of the episodes on the SUPERMAN Season 5 second disc.

Among those episodes is a really good one: "The Prince Albert Coat" and also one of the worst (if not THE worst) ever, "Mr. Zero."

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2006, 01:29:35 PM »

Next came last night's OLD CHRISTINE. There was some funny stuff with Christine's ex-husband not being able to perform with his new girl friend becasue he took her to the place where he and "old" Christine had their honeymoon. But, there was too much squabbling between Christine and Barb that just wasn't funny.

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2006, 01:32:13 PM »

Next came last night's CSI: MIAMI, an okay story of a murdered Marine back from Iraq killed under mysterious circumstances. There were some questionable conclusions about drugs in his system that weren't tied up as neatly as usual, and two brothers who didn't look a thing like one another (which was not the intention). One of the sloppier CSI;MIAMIs I've seen.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2006, 01:33:24 PM »

A line cut from First Nudie Musical?

HAR HAR
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Matt H.

« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2006, 01:35:26 PM »

Then I put in THE FALLEN IDOL, and watched the first hour of it. The direction by Carol Reed is so striking that it makes other films made around that time pretty pedestrian.

The Criterion disc looks wonderful, but it's not flawless. There is a slim scratch that runs through the near-center of the frame for about five minutes making for somewhat irksome viewing. But most of the dirt and other flaws have been cleaned up marvelously, and it is the best version of it I've ever seen.

Makes me want to watch THE THIRD MAN after I finish this.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2006, 01:38:48 PM »

Oh I dream about it all the time...just me...& a toaster...& a sweet little guy...like Seymour.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2006, 01:50:32 PM »

I went to the local Fred Meyer at lunch time and bought a nice pair of mens's black shoes and they were 30% off.  I need them for the show...the judge shouldn't wear four-inch-tall heals. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2006, 01:51:38 PM »

Matt H - Have I mentioned too many times that the boy in FALLEN IDOL, Bobby Henrey, grew up to my boss for about four years in the International Tax Consulting Group at Coopers & Lybrand?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up