Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SCHEME OF THINGS  (Read 27229 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE SCHEME OF THINGS
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2006, 12:05:35 AM »

Any cause or solution DR George? I trust the carpet is now close to dry.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2006, 12:06:54 AM »

I was trapped in a flash flood once, in my car. A lot of other people were, too,m but my car was the only one that floated! (An '82 Toyota Tercel). Still, it took in quite a bit of water. I tried the rug sucker and other things to get the moisture out, but it was still a month or two before you could sit on the seat without a towel to keep you from getting a wet butt. And when the sun was out and the car heated up, it became a terrarium! Yuck. I feel your apin!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Tomovoz

« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2006, 12:06:58 AM »

Pre flood - Is that a "Two by Two" reference?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #213 on: December 01, 2006, 12:11:58 AM »

Gosh, George. I sure hope the cause of the water if found. And I sure hope that someone else is at fault so that you don't have to pay for it. It seems to me that you shouldn't have to if the water comes from someone else's condo.

Well, there's good news and bad news.  The good news (kinda) is that we think we found the leak.  "We" being Larry, my sister's boyfriend and Bruce, the guy who originally did the inspection of the condo before I moved in and I.  Bruce was so nice about the whole thing.  He came out and looked at everything and was able to get the water turned off...and he didn't charge me for the visit!  

The bad news is that when he pulled up the carpet in the corner, he pretty much figures that the hose faucet from out back is what froze and then started leaking sometime yesterday or the night before when everything started thawing. :( So, it's my resposibility. :P We called a plumber that my sister and her ex-mother-in-law have used and really trust.  He's coming tomorrow sometime between noon and two.  He'll cut up the wall, fix the leak (hopefully) and then I can turn the water back on. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up