Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE REPEATED MOTIF  (Read 24852 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE REPEATED MOTIF
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2006, 01:14:13 PM »

I haven't eaten very well this weekend, so I'm making a Jenny O Turkey roast (white and dark meat) with mashed potatoes made with sour cream and cream cheese and steamed broccoli with butter for a Sunday dinner. I like to eat midafternoon on Sundays. I will have a wonderful turkey sandwich for lunch tomorrow and can always make a little stovetop stuffing to eat with the left overs tomorrow night. I do love leftovers!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:14:45 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2006, 01:15:29 PM »

Page 3...cleaning house dance...step, step, sweep...step, step, sweep

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2006, 01:16:29 PM »

DR Cillaliz---I've also been running across pictures of my ancient cat, Art, while I clean up the house for our housesitter. How could my house get this bad? The cats have been shredding magazines under the bed and I didn't even know it! Matt H would be appalled and would probably have me committed.

Also, what's the deal with cats who like to chew on cardboard boxes? The two femaies like to puncture cardboard boxes with their teeth. Some of these boxes have so many hole punches that it looks like Braiile!

Or are they trying to send me a message?

Hmmmm....
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2006, 01:20:30 PM »

I think the gift I have used the most is the digital camera Greg gave me a few years ago. The sales person said it was easy to use and had a large display, so it a good one for "older people". (Kodak Easy Share)

And he's right!

We used to spend a fortune on photo processing of photos we will never look at again...cell towers, polluted streams, historic houses being destroyed. Now they're all on CD---so much easier to deal with!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2006, 01:20:57 PM »

My head is completely full of dust and cat fur.

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2006, 01:23:32 PM »

Boo likes to chew on everything..oh, I'm thinking about changing her name. I've never liked Bootsie...so now I'm thinkning about calling her Betty Boop.  That way I can still call her Boo, but she has a more feminine name. She actually came when I called her Betty yesterday. Callie Sue and Betty Boop. Sounds good to me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2006, 01:24:16 PM »

And tonight, I think there are new episodes of COLD CASE and WITHOUT A TRACE. I know DEXTER is new.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and BROTHERS & SISTERS are reruns, I believe.

There is also the new TNT movie outing - "The Librarian - Return to King Solomon's Mines" with Noah Wylie and directed by Jonathon Frakes (This is a sequel to 2004's "The Librarian - Quest for the Spear".)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2006, 01:24:38 PM »

T-Punk...I just sent you a package. But don't worry, it came from the new, CLEAN house!

Kepp your eyes on the skies for eyes...and feathers and puff balls!

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2006, 01:25:34 PM »

Well, time to check the turkey. Then off to the mall to pick up a ring for my mom.  I had decided not get her jewelry this year, but when I described a ring I was looking at she said she'd love it. So, they are having a 50 -20-10 % off sale, so I better go today. It's 50% off the original price plus 20 percent off of that price plus 10% off that price. Confusing, but it's a lot cheaper than retail!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:25:58 PM by Cillaliz »

Edisaurus

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2006, 01:27:35 PM »

Boo likes to chew on everything..oh, I'm thinking about changing her name. I've never liked Bootsie...so now I'm thinkning about calling her Betty Boop.  

And when you clean the cat boxes, you can just think of it as scooping Boop Poop. Much more fun! Until you get that condition that makes you schizophrenic, as der Brucer alerted us to yesterday, that is.

Edisaurus

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2006, 01:32:54 PM »

Then off to the mall to pick up a ring for my mom.

I bought my mother a watercolor yesterday from a local artist I like. She is also a bird lover and has bluebird boxes and helps raises several crops of baby bluebirds every year.

She keeps mealworms in her refrigerator and feeds them several times a day. The parents are always very anxious when she appears and give her the "hurry up" call. Then they take turns eating and feeding the babies.

This and 2 Guy Haines CD's represent the start of my Xmas shopping this year.

Edisaurus

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2006, 01:34:02 PM »

Back to the dust and CD organization. I really have WAY too many CD's.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2006, 01:37:31 PM »

I'm trying to figure out how der B is going to handle tomorrow's viewings.

That will be easy. Imagine the dilemma I'd face next Sunday if I were and Adam Sandler fan:

Running simultaneously:

The Wedding singer on E!
The Waterboy on Encore
Big Daddy on FX
Longest Yard on Showtime

der Brucer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2006, 02:20:25 PM »

I got my Christmas tree put up as well, and I am glad to have that chore finished. Listened to THE ANDY WILLIAMS CHRISTMAS ALBUM while I put it up. It's one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 02:20:43 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2006, 02:22:26 PM »

I'll have to give the matter a little thought about the most practical Christmas present. Nothing springs immediately to mind though I'm sure I've gotten something other than fun stuff and clothes over the years.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2006, 02:24:19 PM »

I spent the entire afternoon watching SUPERMAN episodes. I got almost the entire box of shows watched with the exception of the last episode which I'll see later today.

One of my favorites, "The Perils of Superman" in which Superman must rescue all of his friends from movie serial predicaments they've been placed in, was the last one I watched. It was also one of three episodes directed by George Reeves.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2006, 02:26:14 PM »

Sadly, George also directed one of the very worst episodes in the entire series, "The Brainy Burro" about a mind-reading donley. Completely lacking in suspense and mystery and with the pace of a snail, it, along with "Mr. Zero" and "The Atomic Threat," has to rank among the worst-ever episodes.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2006, 02:28:06 PM »

There is also an almost nine minute tribute to Jack Larson on the last disc in the set. Much appreciated and he's certainly deserving, I was glad to see this. Nice to see what ranked as his favorite episode ("Jimmy the Kid" where he played two dissimilar roles).

I remember Noel Neill years ago saying that her favorite episode was the last one "All that Glitters" in which she and Jimmy dream they have the powers of Superman.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2006, 02:29:11 PM »

And I have to admit that I thought of several H/Ks here as I watched Joi Lansing as "Mrs. Superman" in the episode "Superman's Wife." She does look very pretty.

Edisaurus

« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2006, 02:32:06 PM »

I know it's not "Ask BK" day, but I'm going to ask anyway:

Is there any way to buy a copy of "Life After Tomorrow" for those of us who don't have Showtime?

It would make a perfect holiday gift for one of my clients, and I'd like to see it as well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2006, 02:36:34 PM »

There is no dvd of it yet, unfortunately, and I don't have a way of burning one.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2006, 02:38:10 PM »

I've finished stuffing all the packages and they're all in big baggies now, waiting to be taken to the post office.  I'm going to try and find someone who can do that tomorrow - the LACC kids are all busy, so it can't be them.  It took three hefty bags to hold all the packages.  I still have to box up the store orders and will get to those on Tuesday because I don't really care if they get them before the street date.

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2006, 02:39:45 PM »

I am hating winter. Last week it was 60F. Then we had the ice storm from hell (all the trees were really bad). Then the next morning it was like nothing happened.  But today we had snow. First snow. :(

Can't wait for TAR tonight.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2006, 02:39:49 PM »

Page 3...cleaning house dance...step, step, sweep...step, step, sweep

But you have a Roomba!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2006, 02:47:15 PM »

SUNDANCE HAS SPOKEN

(Why Sacco and Vanzetti hasn't a prayer!)

Seattle Times

New movie is the spawn of horse sex

By Danny Westneat
Seattle Times staff columnist

Some will say it was inevitable. Obvious, even. But I never saw this one coming.

I'm talking about horse sex, the movie. You all remember that story from the summer of 2005. You can deny it, but I know you remember: A man died from a ruptured colon after having sex with a horse in a barn outside Enumclaw.

The story became an international, Web-driven phenomenon. The Seattle Times' stories about it, though tantalizingly devoid of details, nevertheless became the most-read material in the paper's history.
Everyone had the same headshaking questions, mostly about the logistics of the act itself.

It turns out two Seattle filmmakers had questions, too. They drove out to Enumclaw one day. They were struck by the beauty of the place. It seemed at odds with the secretive, nocturnal society that had just been exposed there.

"By then the whole story had been reduced to joke fodder," says Robinson Devor, 43. "It made me wonder whether there might not be a more complex side to it all."

Against most advice — and, really, all sense — they set out to make a feature-length documentary about a circle of acquaintances drawn together by an unspeakable interest in sex with animals.

Astonishingly, the film appears to be succeeding. It was bought by a New York distributor, THINKFilm. Last week it was one of 16 documentaries accepted to the Sundance Film Festival (out of 856 submitted). It premieres in January.

It's called "Zoo," short for zoophilia. That means "abnormal fondness for animals."

The Sundance judges called it a "humanizing look at the life and bizarre death of a seemingly normal Seattle family man who met his untimely end after an unusual encounter with a horse."

"They called us and were excited about the imagery, the poetry, the experimentation with the documentary form," says Charles Mudede, the film's writer and an editor at the alternative weekly The Stranger.

der Brucer

Well, what do you expect from a town named Enumclaw? A documentary about mal-practicing Podiatrists?

Tomovoz

« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2006, 02:48:39 PM »

My red-bellied friend sits on a tree limb and lectures me as I fill the feeders

der Brucer
No wonder your meals are some times late!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2006, 02:52:40 PM »

.. Then we had the ice storm from hell (all the trees were really bad).

Maybe if you raised your trees to be really good, you could avoid visits from hell.

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2006, 02:54:36 PM »

I know it's not "Ask BK" day, but I'm going to ask anyway:

Is there any way to buy a copy of "Life After Tomorrow" for those of us who don't have Showtime?

It would make a perfect holiday gift for one of my clients, and I'd like to see it as well.

I have Showtime and a DVD burner. When is it on? I'll be glad to help.

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2006, 02:55:55 PM »

I guess I'm heading down now to clean the guest bath, finish that last SUPERMAN episode, and then watch a movie.

I suspect it's going to be SAN FRANCISCO.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2006, 03:02:27 PM »

More fodder from the Seattle Times
Well-known GOP activist held in sex-predator sting
By Christine Clarridge
Seattle Times staff reporter

Larry Corrigan, a well-known activist in local Republican politics as a backer of U.S. Rep. Dave Reichert and King County Prosecuting Attorney Norm Maleng, was arrested Wednesday in an Internet sting for allegedly trying to arrange sex with a 13-year-old girl.

Corrigan was the director of financial operations at the prosecutor's office for more than 25 years and was deputy treasurer in Reichert's 1997 and 2001 runs for King County sheriff. He was also a supporter without an official role in Reichert's congressional campaigns.

According to the Seattle Police Department, Corrigan, 54, of Seattle, was chatting online with an undercover police officer who was posing as a 13-year-old girl when he agreed to meet the minor at a Capitol Hill video store on Broadway for sex.

He was booked into King County Jail around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday for investigation of the attempted rape of a child and communicating with a minor for immoral purposes.

Sounds like a treatment for L&O -SVU

der Brucer

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up