Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEDISH FISH  (Read 29534 times)

Tomovoz

Re:SWEDISH FISH
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2006, 08:12:10 PM »

Funny stuff George but would only make sense to people who knew the shows and the characters.
Very much in the Great British Pantomime tradition with boos and "He's behind you", audience involvement. And in no way suitable for children!

Once again - just the three guys and the same four writers.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2006, 08:13:22 PM »

I ordered my copy of "The Internationale" two weeks ago and I still haven't gotten it...unless it arrived today (I'm still at work).  I also ordered several other DVDs, so maybe that's what's taking so long.  I'll just have to wait and see. :)

I hope ours isn't holding up your order!

Our Internationale trailer on YouTube has already been viewed over 500 times. Pretty neat! But it doesn't look as good as it does on our website. They must really compress it!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2006, 08:16:10 PM »

Aww, looks like I'll be missing Tuba Christmas for The BRAIN.
Well, c'est la vie. http://www.tubachristmas.com/

We have Tuba Christmas here in Atlanta, too, at the CNN building. I have a lot of low brass playing friends (no comment on their character) who play it but I've never made it down to see it, yet.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2006, 08:16:36 PM »

Maybe they'll put it on the internet. YouTuba Christmas!

Edisaurus

« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2006, 08:17:05 PM »

What is it, Swedish Fish?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2006, 08:25:08 PM »

Funny stuff George but would only make sense to people who knew the shows and the characters.
Very much in the Great British Pantomime tradition with boos and "He's behind you", audience involvement. And in no way suitable for children!

Once again - just the three guys and the same four writers.

I have the three series, the Drury Lane Special and the Christmas Special (all PAL, Region 2).  I haven't watched them all, but I have watched some. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2006, 08:33:43 PM »

We are back from another day of filling gift bags. It was a productive day. We had some new people show up (Anthony sent out an e-mail to friends who passed on the information). We went to Toys 'R Us on 44th and Broadway and brought over 1000 stuffed animals donated by the store. It was a zoo on Broadway, what with the Christmas season (and Charmin's free toilet facilities a block away) but we got our hand trucks full of boxes back to the Equity offices (after two trips). It was worth it. We don't have as many donations as in previous years but the folks will still get some nice gifts. Everyone gets a sweater, a hat, a scarf, a pair of gloves, a pair of crew socks and a bag of candy with a scratch-off lottery ticket (we have never heard in the 21 years we've been doing the project, if anyone has won anything). We then put in other things which we have acquired over the year. This year we have an assortment of CDs and Colgate Palmolive has donated 3000 units of Speed Stick (both men's and women's). We also have some nice shirts for both men and women and some unisex pajama bottoms. There are approximately 850 childrens bags included in the project (last yeard we made 2900 gift bags). The children will receive the stuffed animals along with some other toys, games and clothing. This portion of the Project is coordinated by the Barry Manilow Harmony Fan Club in New Jersey. Say what you will about Barry (I know many people, not necessarily here, think he's kind of cheesy) but these fans are a beautiful group of people. They work year long for these two weeks, buying toys and clothes to make sure the children (some with HIV/AIDS and others whose parent(s) or primary care giver has HIV/AIDS) have some kind of happy holiday.

The Project began in 1985 as a way to help performers living with AIDS/HIV so we always try to put special things in the Actor's Fund and Aurora (a supportive housing facility with a focus on performers, especially those with disabilities and those living with HIV/AIDS) bags. This year we received some low-end digital cameras so those clients will have a nice surprise on Christmas day. Also, one of the staff members at Actor's Equity has spent this past year knitting scarves. We have 100 hand-knit beautiful scarves which will be split up between Aurora and the Actor's Fund. I hope that employee gets a bonus!

I am tired but happy so I will check in tomorrow morning before I head out to midtown.

To quote the missing Mr. Simbulan,

Laters!

Ben, you are truly amazing.  I don't know many people who would give up weeks of their vacation time every year to work hard volunteering their time like you do.  Thank you.

Tomovoz

« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2006, 08:34:08 PM »

Colin and I were in the audience for the final night of the Drury Lane special.  Amazing audience - and quite a few UK celebs there.  (Usually I don't recognise them but they were "older" ones).

The League's movie "bombed" but it really very clever and funny!  you can probably buy that cheaply. (Apocalypse)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2006, 08:34:39 PM »

Looking forward to arriving in L.A. on Friday night.  

Dear friend Maureen will be watching Toby and Dylan until i get back.  On Sunday, Skip will go from L.A. to San Francisco for several days for a wine tour, while I fly back to New York.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2006, 08:36:20 PM »

Edisaurus it sounds like you had quite an eventful morning.  As kids my sister and I once thought it would be fun and decorative to tie our mylar birthday balloons around the tales of our cats.  Grouchy and Snowflake were frightened out of their minds and raced through the house frantically trying to outrun the balloons.  They created quite  a havoc before we were finally able to catch them and rescue them from the balloons.  Boy was my mom pissed.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2006, 08:37:41 PM »

I rewatched the season premiere of Veronica Mars.  Question with possible spoiler alert:

I didn't realize when watching it the first time, but Veronica must have interrupted the rape as it was happening when she entered the room to get the movie tickets, right?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2006, 08:38:25 PM »

I'm not sure how or when the debate about A Wrinkle in Time came up, but for the record it was and is one of my all time favorite books.  The movie that was made from it a few years ago was atrocious.

Edisaurus

« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2006, 08:39:03 PM »

Edi,

I am glad the cats are okay and have unfluffed...

What a time you had!

Thanks, DC! I'm happy to hear that your paper is done, too. Time to relax a bit!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2006, 08:41:10 PM »

Last week was by far one of the most stressful that I have experienced at my job since I began.  Monday started off pretty rough but ended on a positive note when two of my kids who had been antagonizing each other on the bus to and from school appeared to have reached an agreement to leave each other alone.  And to my delight this morning, one of them told me that not only had they gotten along on the bus, but that they were actually on their way to becoming friends.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2006, 08:42:01 PM »

I am going to use the term unfluffed.  It provides such a vivid picture in my mind.  

George

« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2006, 08:44:40 PM »

I hope ours isn't holding up your order!

Our Internationale trailer on YouTube has already been viewed over 500 times. Pretty neat! But it doesn't look as good as it does on our website. They must really compress it!

It's also available HERE on video.google.com.  And you can download it...if you want. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2006, 08:50:26 PM »

Well, it's time to go.  Off to dinner.  Later!

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2006, 08:54:51 PM »

Hi all!
Edi - glad the kids are ok, when cats freak out it can be very loud!  So far we haven't had any plastic bag experiences, but it could happen.  

Ben - you are amazing.

TPunk - it's always nice when a really stressful week is followed by good things. Remember that next time it gets stressful.  (It will still suck, but it seemed like the thing to say  ;D )

Long day. I did find out my teeth are good. My blood pressure is good. My Cholesterol is great. But my doctor screwed up the stuff to go to the lab, so I "get" to have another PAP test....oh joy.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 08:55:14 PM by Cillaliz »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2006, 08:57:23 PM »

Cillaliz, good news about your health.  Bummer about the extra test.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2006, 08:58:09 PM »

I missed last night's season premiere of The Closer so I'm going to go watch it now.  Probably I'll watch about a half hour then tape the rest while I sleep.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2006, 08:58:22 PM »

Good night everyone.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2006, 09:09:58 PM »

It was an excellent episode, although I pondered the possibility that it may be too "insular" re: the world of infotainment and all the machinery they have to contend with.

I also think the time slot sucks.  After "Heroes," "Studio 60" takes an effort to adjust to.

I agree. In fact, I think it may have been the best of the season thus far: funny, witty, heartfelt, and with some real character development.

I agree about the timeslot, too. I can't understand why NBC doesn't see that MEDIUM would be a thousand times better match with HEROES than STUDIO 60 is. The two shows couldn't be any more incompatible.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2006, 09:14:31 PM »

Wow! I just read this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15925692/  about David and Mary from TAR.  They went on The View and got a ton of stuff...including a new house from Rosie...well, from sponsors Rosie contacted. New House, new car and vacations for them and their kids, among other things...pretty cool indeed

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2006, 09:15:44 PM »

I didn't get ANY mail today. I guess it's good that I got no bills, but I wouldn't have minded getting some magazines, packages, yes, even catalogs.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2006, 09:17:26 PM »

I rewatched the season premiere of Veronica Mars.  Question with possible spoiler alert:

I didn't realize when watching it the first time, but Veronica must have interrupted the rape as it was happening when she entered the room to get the movie tickets, right?

In the next episode, we find out that this is exactly what happened.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2006, 09:20:33 PM »

After I watched last night's STUDIO 60, I caught up with Thursday night's SCRUBS's season premiere. Not one of the funnier efforts, and several of the leading actors playing patient versions of themselves in heavy make-up was a washout.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2006, 09:22:32 PM »

Next, I watched the documentary on TCM about the busy actresses who made films during the Pre-Code era. Lots of clips and talking heads but not much I didn't already know about. Glad I saw this 2003 documentary at long last, but it wasn't one of TCM's best efforts.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2006, 09:25:22 PM »

I rewatched the VERONICA MARS season premiere and enjoyed reliving the adventures. Good stolen goods case to get the season started. I see there's a special on next week. I hope the CW will reshow the other episodes in this mystery arc before the new arc continues in January. I'd like to see the other episodes again to piece together the clues that led to the identity of the rapist. There was only a tiny tip of information in the premiere.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2006, 09:26:59 PM »

And I finished the evening with BOSTON LEGAL which had its CHristmas episode tonight. A couple of interesting cases and a little less silliness than usual.

I really like the Clarence/Clarise character and hope he becomes a regular.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2006, 09:28:20 PM »

TCM finally showed RANCHO NOTORIOUS again today, so I took the opportunity to burn myself a copy of it. I'll try to find some time this week to watch it to make sure the copy is OK.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up