Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEDISH FISH  (Read 29535 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:SWEDISH FISH
« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2006, 09:29:48 PM »

What is it, Swedish Fish?

Candy - see page one, Reply #14

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2006, 09:32:28 PM »

DR Sandra had a concert tonight. That is about all I have to say tonight.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2006, 09:38:41 PM »

Heading for bed now.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2006, 09:50:28 PM »

I'm not sure how or when the debate about A Wrinkle in Time came up...

Simple :)
I received an Email from a friend with the Abbott & Costello Computer Store routine.

It had no attribution, so I did a search to find a source.

The search led me to the humor section of SuperKids,an Educational Site for Children.

The site a Reading List section  which recommended A Wrinkle in Time.

It sounded like something for my Grandson.

I followed the link to Amazon where I also discovered a reference to Johnny Tremain, so I did a post asking if any DR's knew about the books.

Funny thing where this Internet gadget leads.

der Brucer

PS I also sent a link to the SuperKids site to the Grandlads third grade teacher (last year). She replied:

I enjoyed the word play, and I especially enjoyed being introduced to this site--I'll be able to use it to compile some educational activities for my students.

Many thanks

And so the networking grows!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Tomovoz

« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2006, 10:02:46 PM »

My listening this afternoon - thanks to Michael Shayne - A Practical Banana Promotion.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2006, 10:07:54 PM »

Dear Tom:

So glad you got everything so quickly. I sent it Friday. It only almost took me a year to get you that Banana.

Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2006, 10:11:43 PM »

And with the price of Bananas here at about $3.50US a lb. -  worth the wait and the weight. They were about  $6 a lb a few months ago.  

Cyclone Larry was to blame - not Cyclone Jose.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2006, 11:00:44 PM »

I am watching the November 6th episode of "Two and a Half Men" before tonight's "Boston Legal" comes on and Sarah Rue plays Berta's very pregnant daughter!  She has really lost a lot of weight!  And the way her hair is (short with flat curls) really makes her look different.  I didnt't realize that it was her until I read the description.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2006, 11:09:37 PM »

It's also available HERE on video.google.com.  And you can download it...if you want. :)

Thanks, George. I didn't know that!

Last year, we found the entire film on a website, available to watch for free. It was a site we probably would have supported, but...well, they could have at least asked! We had them take it down.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2006, 11:11:16 PM »

Candy - see page one, Reply #14

Oh, I know...we have them here. I was making a sort of jokey reference to Grandpa Kritzer.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2006, 11:12:52 PM »

I somehow can't get the zeal up to start packing.... too tired. I guess I need a cat/dustbuster wakeup call!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2006, 12:33:59 AM »

I'm back, and to prove it, I'm here.  Interesting day today and I'll have lots of details shortly.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2006, 12:52:09 AM »

Glad to see you are safe and sound..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2006, 12:52:55 AM »

It is cold here to night but not as cold as Sunday night..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2006, 12:54:02 AM »

Anyone put up their seasonal decorations?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2006, 12:54:43 AM »

George, do you have more shows of Cannibal this weekend?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2006, 12:56:08 AM »

And with the price of Bananas here at about $3.50US a lb. -  worth the wait and the weight. They were about  $6 a lb a few months ago.  

Cyclone Larry was to blame - not Cyclone Jose.

Wow at your price of bananas... WE pay 40 cents a pound.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2006, 12:57:13 AM »

I somehow can't get the zeal up to start packing.... too tired. I guess I need a cat/dustbuster wakeup call!

Sending Kitty and dustbuster wakeup vibes to Edi!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2006, 12:58:38 AM »

Broken leg vibes to Brain from Planet X cast and crew!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2006, 12:59:29 AM »

George, did you get the situation concering the wet carpet resolved with the condo manager?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2006, 01:00:04 AM »

200!!

Vanity post!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2006, 01:00:46 AM »

Has anyone seen Jane lately?

Edisaurus

« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2006, 01:02:26 AM »

Thanks for the vibes. I'm still packing, and staying up as late as DR Dakota!

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2006, 01:02:28 AM »

We have Tuba Christmas here in Atlanta, too, at the CNN building. I have a lot of low brass playing friends (no comment on their character) who play it but I've never made it down to see it, yet.
Same here. My friend Phil invites me every year & every year I forget.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

George

« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2006, 01:03:26 AM »

George, do you have more shows of Cannibal this weekend?

Yup...we have two more weekends left.  Click HERE for more information. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2006, 01:03:38 AM »

Yay!
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Edisaurus

« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2006, 01:03:53 AM »

I've stopped decorating for the holidays. With 4 cats....well...a recipe for disaster.

Maybe in the new house...

Edisaurus

« Reply #207 on: December 06, 2006, 01:15:11 AM »

I can't believe this. I guess I got my wish.

Greg was cleaning up the magazine that Ociee has been shredding under the bed every morning in her attempts to wake us up early for her morning "treat". He got all the scraps picked up and into a paper gift bag with handles. Elmo, the curious cow cat, decided to look in there and...you guessed it...got his head stuck in the handles, freaked out and raced all over the house, this time, scattering all these little magazine shards. We would have been annoyed if we weren't so tired and just found it hysterically funny instead. At least he didn't turn on the dustbuster. (I bet forward-thinking Greg had already unplugged in.)

Am now in the process of unpuffing the other cats!

BK, see what you're missing by having no pets?

George

« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2006, 01:16:29 AM »

George, did you get the situation concering the wet carpet resolved with the condo manager?

The problem wasn't with the condo manager, but the owner of the unit next to mine.  I'm going with my sister tomorrow to get a new carpet and I need to talk to the renter (Amber) of the unit next to mine to see if her landlord (the actual person who doesn't want to own up to the damage that his condo unit caused) has done any repairs on her wall.  I hope that he is going to get something done and soon so that the walls don't get all moldy and develop dry rot!  

George

« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2006, 01:17:59 AM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up