Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEDISH FISH  (Read 29529 times)

MBarnum

Re:SWEDISH FISH
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2006, 09:18:19 AM »

Jolly Ranchers

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2006, 09:24:01 AM »

About four or five years ago, I found a treat called Sour Cherries at a drug store during Valentine's season. They were scruptuous! I bought every bag I could lay my hands on, but the next year, they were nowhere to be found around here. DR Ron found some at a store in SF/Oakland and graciously send me a supply. Alas, I still have never seen them again around here.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2006, 09:26:44 AM »

I was basing my estimation of A WRINKLE IN TIME from years ago when my seventh graders would come eagerly into my room at the first of the school year wanting a book as good as that one which they had read in sixth grade. As with all reading, ages vary according to ability, interest, and exposure to good literature. I suspect many of those sixth graders had read the book before they got to sixth grade but went along with the rest of the class who might not have already read it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2006, 09:27:49 AM »

DR ELMORE,
So sorry you're going through all this. I can definitely relate to needing one's own space! I'm often amazed at how some people work on airplanes; I'm limited to how much I can do in such cramped quarters. Can't offer more than sympathy, but do hope that you see some improvement today.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2006, 09:29:41 AM »

Now I'm heading down to get started on preparing spaghetti sauce. It's so chilly outside today that I thought this would be a good day to have spaghetti.

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2006, 09:31:51 AM »

Keith Larsen as BRAVE EAGLE (TV series) page 2 dance.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2006, 09:46:39 AM »

I probably should have been given a temporary staff pass or something to permit me to stay inthe builfing after hours - if such things exist - but I  should have been more emphatic on my own demands four months ago!  I'm certainly having a good time, but I need a bona fide work space of my own - preferably not far from rehearsals - as a music prep dept.  If this were a major production, I'd have farmed out the incidentals to an assistant or an unemployed friend, and the copyists would be dealing with the librarian work as I turn in numbers.  They would have set up the numbering on the show which I finally did with the MD yesterday when a lot of easy cues that could have been notated as lead sheets severasl weeks ago were finally notated by me.  

One question today - hinging on how quickly and accessibly we get to a photocopier -is if we copy the 9x12 sheets of manuscript, will we locate a paper cutter to cut the 11x17 sheets of paper down to size?  It's gonna be a day of cutting and taping, buit only after the writing's done. Oy!

I find it odd that they do not give you access either. NDSU has given access before to guests associated with a production.  His name escapes me right now, but he was a guest producter last year on campus for their production of Chorus Line and they gave him access to the building and related services.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2006, 09:53:51 AM »

Keith Larsen as BRAVE EAGLE (TV series) page 2 dance.
I....*stops thinking*

RAWR.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2006, 09:58:46 AM »

I also feel elmore's pain, but I feel my pain, too.  They haven't done a musical in over twenty years at LACC, let alone an original musical of this size.  All this should have been discussed months ago (in terms of needs) and then it could all have been dealt with in advance.  But, we do what we can - my assistant was busy doing sound cues last night so I had to scribble my own notes (which were all sound and light related and not show related) and scribble them in the dark.  Ridiculous.  They have to assign a student to the sound person, which WAS mentioned long ago and never got done.  Hopefully, that will be taken care of this evening and I can have Adriana back.  

The problem with space at LACC is that it is a school and there are classes going on in all their available spaces.  That said, the lobbies of both theaters are always empty.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2006, 10:08:10 AM »

Feeling the pain of the BRAIN staff.....

I am sure it will ALL be worked out.

As a director, for some reason....I am always frustrated by the SOUND people who swear things couldn't be happening as I hear them.....and they NEVER believe you, until it is PROVEN to them.

Your show becomes a slave to those *&#*ing wires and I hate it!

But tonight it will be better.

From what I read yesterday, it could be much worse....you could have Dorothy Provine in your show.

I have the WB album on CD courtesy DR MBARNUM and it is a fun holiday novelty item.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2006, 10:08:47 AM »

Hmmmm....hard candy of ALL kinds!

Candy canes and peanut brittle!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2006, 10:38:13 AM »

I am sure The Brain will come off perfectly, and those of us in the audience will have no idea about any of these problems you are having behind the scenes. I hope.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2006, 10:39:11 AM »

About four or five years ago, I found a treat called Sour Cherries at a drug store during Valentine's season. . Alas, I still have never seen them again around here.

Hard Candy, Gum Drop, Soft Center?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2006, 10:43:13 AM »

DR derBRUCER - Johnny Tremain was one of my favorite books....like A Light in the Forest and Last of the Mohicans.....like that.

Didn't read A Wrinkle in Time....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2006, 10:43:45 AM »

Dorothy Provine just put a contract out on DR MBARNUM.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2006, 10:57:46 AM »

WeHateFreedom.org?

What book will America base it's values on, the Bible or the Koran?

Take Action
1. Send an email asking your U.S. Representative and Senators to pass a law making the Bible the book used in the swearing-in ceremony of Representatives and Senators.

Note: NO book is used for the offical swearing-in ceremonies. There are un-official ceremonial swearing-in ceremonies (Photo-Ops) where a Bible is often used.

der Brucer

Oh well, at least it gets the AFA off of Gay Rights issues.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2006, 11:12:27 AM »

DR RLP - I put up a couple of pictures of our Dreamcatchers here

http://www.worldofwisdombooks.zoomshare.com/1.shtml/December%202006

8) 8)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 11:13:33 AM by JRand56 »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2006, 11:16:56 AM »

I like goldfish crackers. At one time I did like Wacky Wafers. I will occasionally eat skittles. I do like Jelly Belly jellybeans.

Not much of a non-chocolate person.. I usually eat chips or crackers if I dont have chocolate

First time I have ever heard of Swedish Fish.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2006, 11:19:03 AM »

NIce pics Jrand...

I have a large dream catcher that a freind made for me. Do you do numerology?

DERBRUCER

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2006, 11:36:47 AM »

Hmmmm....hard candy of ALL kinds!

I'll behave.

der Brucer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2006, 11:36:58 AM »

NIce pics Jrand...

I have a large dream catcher that a freind made for me. Do you do numerology?

I have a friend who is VERY good at a system he devised himself.  But I don't do it...   8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2006, 12:01:19 PM »

Enjoyed the Abbott/Costello computer routine....

How do I turn off my computer?

Click on 'start' -  LOL.....

DERBRUCER

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2006, 12:08:44 PM »

COMING SOON

AdAge tells us that Reese's is announcing a limited edition Elvis Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, patterned after the King's favorite fried peanut butter-and-banana sandwiches, to be produced next summer in honor of Elvis having kicked the bucket 30 years earlier.

Notice that Reese's is avoiding the whole Fat Elvis vs. Young Elvis controversy by going directly with having a picture of the much-prettier Young Elvis on the wrapper, even though you can bet the soon-to-be-dead Fat Elvis would've scarfed these down a hell of a lot more frequently.

Rumors that Reese's is planning to launch a limited edition Dr. Nick's Percodan & Peanut Butter Cup to coincide with the Elvis Cups are considered false, however.

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2006, 12:14:40 PM »

Am at work (blech) and having a major sinus flow.

Busy, busy, busy.

The time is zipping by, fortunately.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2006, 12:15:12 PM »

Finally got my last Deep Discount DVD box....lots of nice titles to add to the piles of unwatched DVDs at home.

Sigh.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2006, 12:21:58 PM »

Re:  Last night's "Heroes"

SPOILER

Interesting episode.  I don't know what I expected.  I was intrigued that the girl who set out to kill Sylar seemed to be a "good guy".  I finally got clear on who that black guy is who is always near her.  "The Haitian" who never speaks....who drowns out the cop's ability to hear thoughts...and who is apparently intent on "saving the cheerleader" from her father.

I wish Hiro had learned the cheerleader is alive.  I wish Peter Petrelli wasn't the man who will explode.  I thought the vision he had was wonderful, but it doesn't bode well for this Peter Petrelli fan.

I think Niki gets her strength from her husband and child.  She maintained her integrity when she was with them and let her love overwhelm Jessica.  Alone, she's bound to succumb to Jessica's strengths.

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2006, 12:34:37 PM »

At the holiday luncheon I just attended, we had an exchange in which each person who brought a gift-wrapped doo-dah (what I call nonprofit nick nacks) received one.  My present, from the Victoria Theatre Association, contained a ceramic mug.  The painted scene faces the proscenium and when you pour boiling liquid in the cup, the curtain rises to reveal the VTA appreciation message:  "You are the Star."  I'm drinking Lady Grey tea out of it right now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2006, 12:47:37 PM »

What a great gift, DRGINNY!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2006, 12:49:40 PM »

I am trying to keep up with my DVD's as well DR RLP....so far so good....

And in the For what it's worth Dept:

I just listened to some of the DREAMGIRLS soundtrack:

I like it a lot!  I like the title tune....really nice vocal and instrumental orchestrations....the "fight" in the dressing room when Effie is moved to the back is great...."When I First Saw You" is superb...and "I Am Telling You"...well....three minutes in when Jennifer Hudson lets it go....well...I can hardly wait to see this movie!!!

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2006, 12:55:42 PM »

I am looking forward to Dreamgirls.  DH Richard and I saw it on the stage in Cincinnati, but it was at the dumpy old Taft Theatre.  The sound system was bad, full of distortion and static, and we couldn't understand any of the words (spoken or sung).  
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up