Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X  (Read 22874 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006, 06:56:20 AM »

Dang, it's already time to head to work.

I've a craving for Chinese food.

Maybe if I threaten to cook Chinese food (something I don't do well), der Brucer will come up with an alternative solution.

Hope hope hope hope hope.

:-*
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 06:57:14 AM »

Obvious Page Two Dance...

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptapt aptaptaptaptaptaptap[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 06:58:59 AM »

Still no confirmation about the breakfast tomorrow?  Skip and I won't have internet access (to the best of our knowledge) after about 1 p.m. NY time today, so if anyone has anything to communicate with us, please leave a message at 212-332-0641.

If it's not on, that's fine, since we'll presumably see everyone at the show on Saturday night, but someone PLEEEEEASE let us know either way on Friday if they know anything.  Thanks   :)

FJL

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2006, 07:02:03 AM »

Or did I miss a post about the breakfast somewhere???

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2006, 07:23:16 AM »

Good morning!

Bright sunny day out but VERY cold. It got down to 22 last night, and is going to be below 20 tonight. We didn't have any nights this cold last winter, and it isn't even winter yet!!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2006, 07:24:20 AM »

Happiest of birthday wishes to founder of this forum, the one-the only, BK.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2006, 07:24:58 AM »

And multiple leg fractures to all the cast and staff of THE BRAIN. Hope the run is a joyous one for everyone concerned!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:25:20 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2006, 07:27:39 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - THE ANDY WILLIAMS CHRISTMAS ALBUM
        CLAY AIKEN CHRISTMAS ALBUM

DVD - BONES, Season 1, disc 2
          CSI: MIAMI, Season 4, disc 5
          SUPERMAN RETURNS

DVR - last night's MY NAME IS EARL
          last night's SCRUBS
          last night's 30 ROCK
          WATERLOO BRIDGE (1931)
           RED HEADED WOMAN

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2006, 07:29:10 AM »

My NYC traveling companion Gregg is arriving in town tonight to participate in a marathon tomorrow morning. In going out this evening, I'll probably be missing new episodes of JUSTICE and LAW & ORDER, but the DVR will capture them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2006, 07:33:47 AM »

Trying to understand the rules about whta you can and can't carry on airplanes in terms of toiletries.

I just seal them in a plastic bag and put them in my checked luggage
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:39:22 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2006, 07:41:07 AM »

DR Ben- I FINALLY found South Dakota.  Will get them in the mail to you

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2006, 07:45:23 AM »

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRUCE!

BREAK A LEG, MERDE, & ALL SIMILAR SALUTATIONS FOR A GREAT AND SUCCESSFUL OPENING!  WISH I WAS THERE TO SEE IT!

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2006, 07:52:06 AM »

Even with a guest coming into town, my usual Friday errands are unchanged. I need to head down now to clean up to visit the ATM and grocery store.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2006, 08:20:12 AM »

I just seal them in a plastic bag and put them in my checked luggage

You can take anything you like in your "checked" luggage -- any size, any quantity of toiletries that are liquid.

For carry-on, however, there are restrictions.  No one liquid toiletry product may exceed 3 oz., and ALL liquid toiletries in your carry-on must FIT comfortably in one (and only one) 1-quart-sized zip-loc baggie.

There are exceptions, of course, for various categories of folks, like the disabled, breast-feeding mothers, etc.

As these are Traffic Safety Administration guidelines, you can find them online under TSA (just Google 'em).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2006, 08:20:48 AM »

Good morning to all.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2006, 08:21:38 AM »

It's a particular pleasure to be posting on this, my very last work day of the year Two-Thousand Six.

Let the holidays/celebrations commence!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2006, 08:24:03 AM »

Happy Birthday and a major aneurysm for The Brain (since it can't really have a broken leg).  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2006, 08:40:23 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Sawdust and Spangles and Dreams[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Popcorn and crackerjacks play a part[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Everything glitters and gleams[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]When birthday wishes come straight from the heart![/move]

Happy Birthday, Bruce!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 08:42:03 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2006, 08:43:32 AM »

And for everyone associated with "The Brain from Planet X":

BREAK A LEG!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2006, 08:44:28 AM »

DR Ben- I FINALLY found South Dakota.  Will get them in the mail to you

Golly!  Did South Dakota get lost AGAIN?

(I know, I know...it's the quarter)!  ;)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2006, 08:44:50 AM »

Happy happy happy (good things come in threes) birthday to little Brucie Kimmel. Brucie is 59 today! And has a very swell show opeing tonight! That's probably the best present any boy could wish for!

Anyhow, I hung out with Elmore yesterday, offering immoral support as he finished the bow music. I must say, his music notation is just about the loveliest I've ever seen - mine's pretty good, functional - but elmore's hand is just a treat for the eye! I'm thinking you don't even have to be a literate musician to appreciate the aesthetic beauty of what really amounts to DRAWING. And I know the players love being so supported by graceful and supremely legible notation!

I sat with him during the first act last night - WOW! It's so good! So funny! So totally professional in every way!! I am bringing friends to see it tonight - I may even dress!!

Tomorrow is my brother's birthday, and my sisters and I are taking him out to lunch today. Got some stuff to attend to before I leave here at 11 - have a fine day, you all! And those who have come to LA for the festivities: See ya laters, gators!
PennyO

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2006, 08:54:23 AM »

May all of tonight's audience reaction to "The Brain From Planet X" be EUPHORIOUS!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2006, 09:05:24 AM »

Congrats on your last WORK DAY of 2006, DR RLP.

Wish I had had mine!

My computer likes to shut itself off....and no one can look at it until Monday...so it is touch and go here.

And of course still dealing with MasterCard and NO computer makes it more difficult.

If I am not here it is because the computer says NO.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2006, 09:05:36 AM »

Wonder what DR MBARNUM is up to today....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2006, 09:32:27 AM »

Good morning, all!  Yes, Dear Friend BK, I did get a ride to my hosts' home by Mr Richard Berent, the musical director!  He and I were both happy over how smothly all the band cues ran last night, and today around 6:30, we'll make cutrs in the Cusrtain Calls music to help them land with the actors' entrances.

Yes, THE BRAIN was quite fun last night and the first time I felt comfortable with my work since the sitzprobe on Monday.  I've had a good time with the musicians on the show, and I will digress here for a second to talk about the breed:  they can make or break you, especially the rhythm section, since most of the drums part is a bunch of illegible squiggles that you hope the player will turn into magic and you hope that on a rock number the bass player and guitar - if you're budget can afford one - will take your elementary scrawls and (sometimes) chord symbols and spinthem to gold.

I've been lucky on BK's albums and other projects to work with Ron Tierno, Chris Coluzzi, Ray Marchica, Danny Gross, Mark Minkler, Kevin Kuhn, and so many other wonderful players; I feel we're lucky to have Dan and Shannon giving the same talent to this show,  If my work sounds good, I owe a lot to them, and to Matt on synth, Curt on the reeds, and the fantastic playing of MD Richard on keyboard 1.  I am mighty proud of my work on THE BRAIN, but I can't say enough about how wonderful everyone in the cast and crew, as well as the LACC staff, has been.

The ever-beautiful PennyO came by to help me yesterday, as I was finishing up the parts for the Curtain Call, so we chatted as I finished them up, and then she stayed for Act One and the Entr'Acte.  She's coming tonight, along with a lot of friends I care for, and I lok forwards to the festivities.  I look forward to getting back to my own space on Sunday, but I will miss the show and everyone enormously![move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
                                                                                                     Thanks for asking me to score "The Brain From Planet X!"
[/move]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 09:36:58 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2006, 09:35:24 AM »

Wonder what DR MBARNUM is up to today....

This evening, he has an appointment with "The Brain From Planet X."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2006, 09:37:45 AM »

This evening, he has an appointment with "The Brain From Planet X."

Do you think the Brain will be kind and give him one?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2006, 09:45:28 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]MANY (BUT NOT LITERAL) BROKEN LEGS FOR THE CAST/CREW/CREATORS OF THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X!!![/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR VERY OWN BK!!!!!!![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2006, 09:47:45 AM »

In my CD player:  "Raw At Town Hall" with Emily Skinner and Alice Ripley!!

In my DVR:  I have shows scheduled to be recorded tonight and there are lots of shows that I have recorded but haven't watched yet

In my DVD player:  Val Kilmer IS Moses in The Ten Commandments:  The Musical ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2006, 09:49:09 AM »

Sometime today between 10:30 and 11:30am, someone from Home Depot is going to come over to measure for my new carpet!  So, it's time for me to take a shower and shave and move a few things out of the way.  I'm going into work late. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up