Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: DOES ANYONE STILL WEAR A MUSTARD PLASTER?  (Read 32339 times)

MBarnum

Re:DOES ANYONE STILL WEAR A MUSTARD PLASTER?
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2006, 10:39:30 AM »

I am now checking out of the hotel and am going to stroll down to Larry Edmund's Books and Movie Memorabilia shop and then just hang out in Hollywood until I hear from Richard Harrison.

I will post from Salem, Oregon upon my return. I am eager to see Dog Bosco and Freddy the cat!!

VinTek

• Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2006, 10:44:37 AM »

Quinn Cummings is a regular blogger now and her blog can be found at http://qcreport.blogspot.com/ .  She had a most interesting life.
Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets, then teams up with 3 complete strangers to kill again
- Marin County newspaper listing for The Wizard of Oz

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2006, 10:50:33 AM »

I don't expect the rain to come from Arizona Dear Reader Laura.  I'm hoping that the NW can spare some!

And we certainly have some to spare! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2006, 10:53:34 AM »

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR GINNY!!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2006, 10:53:51 AM »

Wonderful photos, DearReaderLaura!  I think you've posted it before but I forgot--what kind of camera are you using?  I love my new Casio camera but am a bit disapointed with it.  It has a 3x zoom but I can't seem to get the kind of picuture I could with my old camera.  

It might be that I don't have the setting right.  I keep pouring over the instruction manual but still am not happy.  I don't think would be able to get the close up shots of Michael Ball like I got with the old camera if I were in the same situation.  

I borrowed my sister's camera this weekend and it only has a 3x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom.  The camera that I've been looking at to buy has a 12x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom.  You can get up real close with that. :)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2006, 10:56:42 AM »

This camera is a relatively old model and inexpensive. It is some kind of Olympus, I think. The nice one I bought a couple years ago has burn spots on the lens, so I rarely even take it along any more.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2006, 11:06:12 AM »

I borrowed my sister's camera this weekend and it only has a 3x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom.  The camera that I've been looking at to buy has a 12x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom.  You can get up real close with that. :)

I have two single reflex cameras but no digital one yet. I have one camera with lenses up to 16x and several interesting filters that you can put on the end.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2006, 11:07:27 AM »

George, I have a question for you....

Have you done other theatrical roles aside from the Cannibal role?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2006, 11:08:56 AM »

Of my two single reflex, I like one for color a lot better than theother and that is my Canon. I love my Pentax one for black and white photography.

If you guys want I can post a coupleof my black and white photos.

FJL

« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2006, 11:14:03 AM »

Maureen is coming over soon to give Toby and Dylan a little break in their boring day with me.

FJL

« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2006, 11:21:14 AM »

A commercial that weirds me out right now is the one for BMW, where two kids are screaming while opening packages.  But the screams sound as if someone is hurting them, and I try to turn the TV down whenever that commercial comes on.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2006, 11:28:20 AM »

Hello all! Wanted you to know I made it home safe last night.  But when I booted my computer, I started having issues the likes of which Ad-Aware & AVG Anti-Virus couldn't solve. Yikes!

Saturday's breakfast & matinee were a blast. They made the long, boring ride down more than worth it.
Alet & Benjamin were perhaps my favorites but Cason's  song had me in stitches. (Hi Cason!)

I agree, Mr. Bruce, we were rather a vocal bunch...right up until the sing-along. I swear I was the only one singing along! *grin*  

Well, time to go watch the little gibbons!
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2006, 11:28:36 AM »

Roddy Doyle - GREAT writer.  Probably the reason why I found Frank McCourt's "Angela's Ashes" to be be such rubbish!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2006, 11:29:55 AM »

I had a too many connections message a few minutes ago.  I thought I had received one of Jose's messages by mistake.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2006, 11:30:53 AM »

Thank you DR Jane.  Sagittarians are such a thoughtful group.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2006, 11:34:31 AM »

Fires continue.  Tasmania has over a dozen homes destroyed yesterday.  The "bush" may need the fires but the wildlife, human and property cost is very high. The biggest worry here in Victoria is that fires may spread into water catchment areas - Our water storages are now less than 40% capacity.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2006, 11:42:03 AM »

Roddy Doyle - GREAT writer.  Probably the reason why I found Frank McCourt's "Angela's Ashes" to be be such rubbish!

Angela's Ashes was okay but I found it on the depressing side. His second book, "Tis" is much better.

Roddy Doyle is a great writer. I love his Barrytown trilogy. Even the movie version of "The Commitments" was good. Great soundtrack.

I also like Brendan Carroll.  I have actually met Cecelia Ahern who wrote "P.S. I love you". She is the daughter of the Irish PM and she was in St. Paul doing a book signing session at Irish On Grand. She is a lovely person!  I have not read her most recent book, "If you could see me now" yet.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 11:43:47 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2006, 11:42:43 AM »

Tom, I have had several those messages today also

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2006, 11:44:38 AM »

Safety from the brushfires vibes to Tom!!

George

« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2006, 11:56:17 AM »

George, I have a question for you....

Have you done other theatrical roles aside from the Cannibal role?

It's been over four years since my last community theater experience (I've never done any professional acting) but during the previous 10 or so years, I've played Charlie Brown in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, Sancho Panza in Man of La Mancha, Hero in ...Forum, Lord Brockhurst in The Boy Friend and Tim Allgood in Noises Off.  I've also been in Camelot, Brigadoon, Snow White Goes West, Amadeus, The 1940s Radio Hour, Annie, as well as some reviews and several other shows that I can't remember right now. :)

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2006, 11:58:20 AM »

We love photos around here, DakotaCelt. Post some, please.

Jennifer

« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2006, 12:02:25 PM »

BTW in case any TAR fans are interested. The TAR allstar teams have been confirmed (well sort of). They are not confirmed by CBS. But I am still quite certain that they are correct. Although there are still some teams missing.

1.kevin and drew (TAR 1)
2.joe and bill/guidos (TAR 1)
3.jill and john vito (TAR 3)
4.Tian and Jaree (TAR 4)
5.colin and christie * (TAR 5)
6.Charla and mirna (TAR 5)
7.eric and danielle (TAR 9) (a combo of 2 teams, they are now dating)
8.rob and amber (TAR 7)
9.joyce and uchenna (TAR 7)
10.david and mary (TAR 10)
11.dustin and kandace (TAR 10)
12.oswald and danny (TAR 2)

*Colin has been spotted but no signs of christie. Rumors are that she is pregnant and that he may be running with jonathan (of the bickering victoria and jonathan fame)

rumored also:
Kris and jon (TAR 6)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 12:08:04 PM by Jennifer »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2006, 12:14:40 PM »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2006, 12:16:45 PM »

I call this one wanderment...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2006, 12:25:22 PM »

and another...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »

and a graphic just for George...

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2006, 12:34:14 PM »

Cease fire vibes to Tomovoz.

Incidentally, a finely crafted CD from you has made its ways to these shores. Toms everywhere will be pleased.

Tomovoz

« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2006, 12:43:20 PM »

Good to hear Rodzinski.  Thanks for Cease fire vibes.

We are way ahead of Harry & Dick.
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2006, 12:47:28 PM »

Thanks for the photos, DakotaCelt. Black and white photos always look so artistic.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2006, 01:00:18 PM »

The reserve sounds lovely but not hte gunshots. I also agree with you and it does not make sense to me either as to why they are allowing hunting there.

The hunting is heavily regulated by the government. Only species considered "bountiful" are hunted.

Game hunting is a recognized method of wildlife management.

Fees paid by hunters are a large source of income to the government to support wildlife refuges.

Nicely put - if you ban hunting from state lands the voters will dry up the funds needed to support them.

der Brucer

Why do we hear plaints about the "poor deer" and "gorgeous snow goose" and nary a word about the "suffering catfish"?
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up