Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CLOSING NIGHT  (Read 19516 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CLOSING NIGHT
« on: December 17, 2006, 01:38:03 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes told you all you needed to know, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're decorating their Christmas tree and hanging some moostletoe.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 01:06:21 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:CLOSING NIGHT
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 01:41:27 AM »

And the word of the day is: BRICOLAGE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 02:16:09 AM »

I'M AT HOME AND I HAVE POWER IN MY HOUSE!! ;D I'm so happy!  After a very good show tonight (the college had power also!), a bunch of us went to the house of one of the miners and had a party.  I stayed for about an hour and a half and when I drove up to the street that my place is on, the traffic lights were on!!  And when I turned into the condo entrance, there were lights in the condo windows!!  When I got to my condo, the lights were on (I left some on so that I could tell) AND it's warm!!  I checked all my e-mail and just had to post the news. ;)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 02:19:52 AM »

Because of the wind storm, we cancelled our Friday night performance and now we're able to add a Sunday night show.  All the tickets that were pre-sold for Friday are good on Sunday evening (we had scheduled to end after the Sunday matinee...but that ain't happening).  And because we have a two show day, we're taking official pictures of all the actors in all the costumes in between the shows and pizza will be sent in. ;D We will still have some time to get away, I'm sure, before the second show.  But after the second show, we have to strike the set.  THAT'S going to be a pain.  I know it's required (and I'll stay as long as I'm needed), but our call time for the matinee is 12:30 and the second show won't end until 10:00 p.m. or 10:15, so it'll be one heck of a long night...which means that I NEED to get to sleep now!  

Just had to share. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 02:25:54 AM »

The worst part of what's coming up next...opening my refrigerator and freezer!! :o

I'm afraid!  I'm very afraid!

;)

George

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 02:35:54 AM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
And Welcome to the Heavens, MusicGuy!!
[/move]

George

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 02:37:46 AM »

der Brucer, this would have been PERFECT my ensemble!!  But we close today.  Darn.  And on sale for only $3,565.99, it's damn cheap! ;D

;)

George

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 02:38:40 AM »

And with that...good night. 8)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 05:25:44 AM »

George! So happy to hear that you're once again empowered. May the (electromagnetic) force stay with you!

Good vibes for the Cannibal finale. Will you have "finger foods" with your pizza?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

FJL

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 05:26:36 AM »

Great news, George!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 05:43:38 AM »

And the word of the day is: BRICOLAGE!
Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
While wearing a BRICOLAGE of a costume
Which included a plaid tuxedo coat,
A wife-beater shirt colored dingy grey,
A bright yellow necktie that matched his water-squirting boutonniere,
A kelly green bowler that he'd stolen from Bob Fosse,
Maroon jodhpurs,
Argyle sox, one mainly pink and the other mainly baby blue,
A left-footed cowboy boot,
And a left-footed stiletto by Prada, lending the ensemble a devil-may-care look.
Needless to say, what he wore distracted onlookers from noticing that the strawberry blonde was clad in nothing but a bathtowel, in homage to Barbara Bain in the pilot episode of Mission: Impossible.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 05:46:06 AM »

A warm house and dry carpet!  Good news, George!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 05:54:31 AM »

I don't like bricolage - no matter how it's cooked.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 05:55:22 AM »

TWO A DAY vibes to DR GEORGE.  Glad you have THE POWER.

Congrats to Mr BK and his BRAIN cast and crew for a successful premiere run!  And more good vibes for the recording sessions.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 05:56:12 AM »

Working today and hoping for ANOTHER successful Sunday at the cash register!

Michael

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 06:02:49 AM »

Party Party

The week of party's have started.
Company todo this afternoon,
Center todo tomorrow afternoon
Toastmasters todo tmorrow night

DIET HELP!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 06:03:00 AM »

I think I will order THE BEALES - after the holidays!

In honor of DR EDISAURUS' return, let's talk about documentaries!

I really LOVE both MOON OVER BROADWAY and COMPANY: THE CAST ALBUM....and many others....but I will start with those.

Edisaurus

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 06:10:55 AM »

Briiiiiicolaaaage!

(Shouted while standing on top of a mountain with an impossibly long alpine horn...)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 06:15:13 AM »

In honor of DR EDISAURUS' return, let's talk about documentaries!

Yes! Let's!

FJL

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 06:26:31 AM »

A cubby of broccoli - just felt like saying that for some reason, since I have nothing else to add to the conversation

FJL

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 06:27:59 AM »

Today is the delayed Hannukah celebration with my family in New Jersey, so I'll be E&T (Eating and Traveling) for most of the day

Edisaurus

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 06:29:16 AM »

Two of my favorites: Steve Martin"s (not the wild and crazy guy) "Theremin: An Electronic Odyssey" and Ric Burns' "Coney Island".

Favorite documentary director: Alan Berliner
I wish more of his films were on DVD. He produces, directs, writes, and edits his films, and they are usually personal documentaries, extremely well-crafted, funny and emotional. And his use of found footage and the way he so artfully manages his materials is very impressive. His new film about insomnia, "Wide Awake" gives some insight into his "process" in a very funny way. I think this may air on HBO sometime soon.

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2006, 06:38:41 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  I've been up for a few hours, puttering and getting ready to drive to Cleveland this afternoon for 2 meetings tomorrow at the Foundation Center.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2006, 06:40:09 AM »

...In honor of DR EDISAURUS' return, let's talk about documentaries!

Last night my family watched Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2006, 06:46:51 AM »

Feel better vibes to DRRLP and welcome to new HHW GOD: DR MUSICGUY

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2006, 06:59:08 AM »

Good morning, all!  For the first time since my return from LA, I allowed myself to sleep late, and I feel wonderful: aimless and vague, but wonderful.

DR George! Fantastic news.  My frst bit of advice is to keep the refrigerator power on and let everything in the freezer freeze so you can throw out chunks of ice not buckets of water.  

DR BK, thanks for the kind words on The Brain.  I miss the show and the cast and you immensely and I weep for its current end.  I hope the cast will keep in touch, and that we get to do more with The Brain or work on something new.  I hope you'll send me a rough mix before the final so I can make a few uggestions, but I do wish I could be there with you, DR Adriana and all tomorrow, if just to see you all one more time!

Last night, I watched the ballet, A CHRISTMAS CAROL, from England's Northern Ballet Theatre, with a wonderful score composed from Christmas and 19th-Century music by Carl Davis, who often takes the tunes and makes delicious new music from them, much like the late great Hershy Kay ballets for Balanchine.  I love the Dickens story, and I found the power of movement quite heartbreaking in spots -  the pas de deux for Belle and Young Scrooge when she breaks the engagement, the Christmas future wherein Bob Cratchit, dancing with his family, runs into the dead Tiny Tim's cruch and mourns - more moving and powerful than in any spoken version.  It's quite wonderful and I think I'll watch it a few more times in the next weeks.

Documentaries:  The COMPANY cast recording, ELAINE STRITCH, BALLETS RUSSES
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2006, 07:11:04 AM »

Good morning, good day!
How are you this beautiful day?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2006, 07:11:30 AM »

Before I dash off to work, as I must, I have to admit that I've a problem with the term "documentary."

The problem is, at what point does a film change from being a documentary (meaning, a document about a set of facts) to being an editorial?

The International, which der B and I enjoyed very much, is clearly a documentary, tracing the evolution of a song.

But I have questions about some other films.  Carl Sagan's series Cosmos, as a non-confrontational example, is clearly non-fiction, but it is also the expousal of a singular point of view.  It's not "talking heads," since his is the only head talking.

And how is a viewer supposed to learn the difference?  Or is this a distinction we shouldn't expect people to make?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 07:11:36 AM »

The cold I've been fighting is still "on the fence", so to speak.

I'm overdosing on Airborne.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2006, 07:12:52 AM »

My mother's church is having a Christmas Cantata at 11 a.m.

I'm going.

The preacher's wife is the lead soprano.  She has an affinity for being off key at crucial moments.

It should be fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up