Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: O. TANNENBAUM  (Read 30225 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:O. TANNENBAUM
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2006, 10:10:58 AM »

And I'm already late for work:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE THREE DANCE!![/color][/size][/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2006, 10:25:17 AM »

If anyone gets tired of downloading the vintage Christmas albums from yesterday (if anyone did do so) then here is one for to celebrate Hanukkah with!!

Download here and party away ---> http://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2006/12/c-is-silent-in-chanukah.html

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2006, 10:27:30 AM »

of course if you have not had your fill of Christmas tunes you may desire to add this one to your home-made CD collection!

http://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2006/12/worstalbumever.html

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2006, 10:32:58 AM »

And poking around a bit more I find a download for this album...one I have been wanting to hear for the longest time! Woohoo! I am a happy camper!!!

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2006, 10:42:07 AM »

Because I needed something tactile and not too cerebral to do here at work today, I decided to get a head start on a book display for February.  My theme is

"I (heart) Books"

so I did a title keyword search in our online catalog for heart*.  That brought up a couple thousand titles that have heart, hearts, heartland, heartwarming, etc. in the title.  After sorting it so that the most recent items appeared first, I went through about 500 entries and printed those that fit into my display.  I have fiction, biographies, African-American, travel, career, holiday, and general nonfiction from all 10 Dewey classes except the 400s.

Now, I'm on the lookout for translucent, heart-shaped Post-It stickers.  Any ideas?  I figure the Valentine's Day stuff will probably begin appearing in the stores next Tuesday, so now I have a mission!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2006, 11:07:56 AM »

All orders are packaged and awaiting shipping, which I'll do in a little while.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2006, 11:08:18 AM »

What, no questions?

What, me worry?

What, is it fish?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2006, 11:15:55 AM »

DR MBarnum---thanks so much for your comments about "The Internationale" yesterday!

I just got an email saying that we're invited to show "Sacco and Vanzetti" at the "Projectile Festival of Anarchist Film and Culture" in England sometime in May.

Sounds a little scary....

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2006, 11:19:06 AM »

Here are some of the more unusual titles that I hope to have in my February display:

Poe's Heart and the Mountain Climber:  Exploring the Effect of Anxiety on Our Brains and Our Culture

Creating Great Schools:  Six Critical Systems at the Heart of Educational Innovation

The Heartless Stone:  A Journey through the World of Diamonds, Deceit, and Desire

The Secret Teachings of Plants:  The Intelligence of the Heart in the Direct Perception of Nature

The Craggy Hole in My Heart and the Cat Who Fixed It:  Over the Edge and Back with My Dad, My Cat, and Me

Bringing Tuscany Home:  Sensuous Style from the Heart of Italy

Death and the Sun:  A Matador's Season in the Heart of Spain

Chasing the Rodeo:  On Wild Rides and Big Dreams, Broken Hearts and Broken Bones, and One Man's Search for the West

Sox and the City:  A Fan's Love Affair with the White Sox from the Heartbreak of '67 to the Wizards of Oz

In Our Hearts We Were Giants:  The Remarkable Story of the Lilliput Troupe:  A Dwarf Family's Survival of the Holocaust

Mount Hood:  The Heart of Oregon

Careers for Kids at Heart and Others Who Adore Children

Her Heart Can See:  The Life and Hymns of Fanny Crosby

Jam Master Jay:  The Heart of Hip Hop
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 11:21:39 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2006, 11:19:10 AM »

Better start shopping for the trip---starting with BODY ARMOR!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2006, 11:19:18 AM »

All orders are packaged and awaiting shipping, which I'll do in a little while.

Hopefully a couple of those packages are coming to Salem, Oregon, USA.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2006, 11:27:16 AM »

BK question of the day.

What are you favorite Spaghetti westerns and who are your favorite Spaghetti western performers.

I am partial to Richard Harrison's and Ken Clark's Italian cowboy romps and Gordon Mitchell always plays some fun bad guys in those films. I am curious to see some of Gordon Scott's in the near future.

GUNFIGHT AT RED SANDS is a favorite. I have not actually seen that many Spaghetti westerns, and I when I was a kid I detested them...they disturbed me...but I am now developing a taste for them (although the Clint Eastwood ones still don't appeal to me...yet).

I have a box set of 20 spaghetti westerns that I need to dig into one of these days.

Edisaurus

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2006, 11:35:23 AM »

I have a box set of 20 spaghetti westerns that I need to dig into one of these days.

Does it include "Cry Onion"? (I'm still looking for that one!)

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2006, 11:38:45 AM »

Question for BK or any other DRs:

Do you have a Heart* book to recommend for my display?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2006, 11:40:48 AM »

Heart of Darkness.

And in the politically incorrect comment of the day, the Mt. Hood book should probably be retitled "Entire body/bodies of Oregon."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2006, 11:47:54 AM »

Heart of Darkness.

And in the politically incorrect comment of the day, the Mt. Hood book should probably be retitled "Entire body/bodies of Oregon."

Yeah, DR JMK, I got kind of a chill when that one came up in my search.

Tomovoz

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2006, 11:56:39 AM »

A quick hello from the land down under.  We shall be without power for most of the day.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2006, 11:57:59 AM »

The ones that I was able to find were pretty much all about heart disease.  You probably don't want those kinds of titles. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2006, 12:02:35 PM »

DR GINNY you have less than one hour to finish up!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2006, 12:03:01 PM »

I liked SIGNS....THE VILLAGE was okay, because I like a lot of the people in it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2006, 12:03:43 PM »

Scripts copied......fundraising visit made....time will tell if it accomplished its purpose.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2006, 12:04:26 PM »

DR MBARNUM did the installer come and fix your - or rather CORRECT - the mistake?

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2006, 12:12:50 PM »

I watched the game show IDENTITY again last night.  Basically there are 12 people and 12 identities and the contestant has to guess which identity belongs to which person.

NBC is running every night this week. And it's hosted by Penn (of Penn & Teller).

Last night the man risked $250K to go for the last identity (to win 500K).  I really could not believe anyone would risk that much money. Crazy but he had me in tears!

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2006, 12:14:17 PM »

DR Elmore, I was thinking about your father and his predicament.

Since he is still alive, can't he just say to the MacBeths that if they do not pay him back the money pronto that he will be revising his will immediately and the inheritance will go 2 ways instead of 3 (and they will be out).

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2006, 12:14:42 PM »

DR MBARNUM did the installer come and fix your - or rather CORRECT - the mistake?

Not so far as I am aware. I am at work and gave them my work number...but haven't heard a peep out of them yet.

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2006, 12:20:42 PM »

DR MBarnum, re: your gas leak.

You should really have a few unkind words with the people who did the original installation. I think it's disgusting that they let gas leak (endangering your life). But then when you asked if it was supposed to smell, they didn't even bother to check it out.

That's unacceptable and there must be someone you can contact about this.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2006, 12:37:26 PM »

Heart of the West by O. Henry

The Heart is a Lonesome Hunter by Carson McCullers

Candles in the heart by Annie Kerr

Country Heart - Isabel Dick

Heart of the Matter - Graham Greene

The Ponder Heart - Eudora Welty

Broke Heart Blues - Joyce Carol Oates

Worship of hte Common Heart - Patricia Henley
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2006, 12:38:29 PM »

DR GINNY you have less than one hour to finish up!

;D  Now, I'm down to 20 minutes, having spent the last 40 or so on a conference call.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2006, 12:40:01 PM »

IN North Dakota there is are two placenames with heart in it: Heart River and Heart Butte.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2006, 12:41:19 PM »

The ones that I was able to find were pretty much all about heart disease.  You probably don't want those kinds of titles. :P

DR George - I'll probably have a few of those mixed in, but can just go to the 616.12 area and pull them from the shelves.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up