Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: O. TANNENBAUM  (Read 30285 times)

Ginny

Re:O. TANNENBAUM
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2006, 12:42:03 PM »

Great Heart titles, DR DakotaCelt!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2006, 12:52:12 PM »

BK question of the day.

What are you favorite Spaghetti westerns and who are your favorite Spaghetti western performers.

I am partial to Richard Harrison's and Ken Clark's Italian cowboy romps and Gordon Mitchell always plays some fun bad guys in those films. I am curious to see some of Gordon Scott's in the near future.

GUNFIGHT AT RED SANDS is a favorite. I have not actually seen that many Spaghetti westerns, and I when I was a kid I detested them...they disturbed me...but I am now developing a taste for them (although the Clint Eastwood ones still don't appeal to me...yet).

I have a box set of 20 spaghetti westerns that I need to dig into one of these days.

I'm fond of many spaghetti westerns and have written about them on this here site - I love the Dollars trilogy, especially For A Few Dollars More, I like the two Lee Van Cleef Sabata films, I like Ace High, I like Death Rides A Horse, I like Django, and many others.

Your Salem package was shipped yesterday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2006, 12:53:10 PM »

Have shipped today's packages - and naturally as soon as I got back, I had a few more orders.  

I scored a bunch of Academy promo soundtrack CDs today -

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2006, 12:53:10 PM »

Page 4 - Y'all waiting for me to dance?  Well, I'm about to dance right outta here for 6 days, so it'll be a happy one!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »

I enjoyed three MEDIUM episodes this afternoon. The first was the famous 3-D episode. On the DVD,the show is presented in both 2-D and 3-D. 3-D glasses are provided in the package, but I still had the ones from the original program (and several other pairs from other TV 3-D presentations).

The 3-D worked very well on the DVD version. Enjoyed seeing it again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2006, 01:14:41 PM »

Another involved the ghost haunting a couple in their home. The story was very sad, and I remember being shocked at the conclusion the first time I saw it.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2006, 01:16:36 PM »

The third episode of the afternoon involved Allison assuming the identity of a killer who carved designs into the faces and bodies of his victims. Another fabulous surprise ending.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2006, 01:18:32 PM »

I spent the remainder of the afternoon watching the Betty Grable film MOTHER WORE TIGHTS. It's always been my favorite Grable movie, and I burned a DVD of it from the Fox Movie Channel. No word from Fox that they have any plans to release it in the future, so I'm glad I have this.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2006, 01:19:20 PM »

Wasn't THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA based on a novel? I don't think it was an original screenplay.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2006, 01:42:14 PM »

Wasn't THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA based on a novel? I don't think it was an original screenplay.

The novel is by Lauren Weisberg (?), I believe.  It was a bestseller, and I enjoyed it.  I think I liked the film more.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2006, 02:08:57 PM »

The Jet Heating man arrived at my house. Called me and said he couldn't find any gas leak.

I told him he might need to turn the unit on first.

I don't know, but maybe this is the first gas heater this company has ever installed...in their 30 years in business as a heater installation company.

Anyway, I won't have any heat tonight, but they promise me it will be fixed tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 02:09:16 PM by MBarnum »

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2006, 02:14:17 PM »

Heading down now to clean the den, and then I must accomplish a few other chores before I can settle in for more viewing.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

The novel is by Lauren Weisberg (?), I believe.  It was a bestseller, and I enjoyed it.  I think I liked the film more.

Thanks for the info. I thought I remembered in the credits that it was based on a book.

MBarnum

« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »

Continuing my downloading of vintage Christmas LPs I just downloaded two Ray Charles Singers albums....and this one pictured is now among my favorite Christmas albums of all time....it is beautiful and so reminds me of my childhood! There rendition of Snowfall is (not to sound corny) mesmerizing!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2006, 02:51:33 PM »

The book was good but I did enjoy the movie a lot more. Meryl Streep was very good.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2006, 02:52:11 PM »

There will be no white christmas in ND this year....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2006, 02:52:34 PM »

DR MBARNUM did you get the link I emailed to you?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2006, 02:53:22 PM »

My questions for ASK BK day?

If an actor is hired for a film, and then is let go, does he receive his entire salary, or is it pro-rated.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2006, 02:54:27 PM »

I love that record cover, but what is that woman doing to that man in the window?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2006, 03:30:05 PM »

My questions for ASK BK day?

If an actor is hired for a film, and then is let go, does he receive his entire salary, or is it pro-rated.

Depends on his contract.  If it's not a star, I'd assume the actor would be paid only for days worked, but I've  been out of that loop for a while, so don't know if SAG rules have changed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2006, 03:31:19 PM »

I've just been informed that the actor who plays The Brain has lost his voice.  I don't know how bad it is or if he'll be able to do anything tonight - if not, I may have to replace him on the album, as I am not about to spend more money on engineer and studio time to wait until he's better.

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2006, 03:44:50 PM »

Oh, no! WE loved the brain's voice! I hope he recovers fast!

MBarnum

« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2006, 03:45:16 PM »

JRand56, I think they forgot to pull the shades  :-X

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2006, 03:54:20 PM »

What, no questions?

What, me worry?

What, is it fish?

Why, yes, I asked you a question at the bottom of page 2.

"What do you want Santa Claus to bring you?"
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2006, 03:55:43 PM »

I've just been informed that the actor who plays The Brain has lost his voice.  I don't know how bad it is or if he'll be able to do anything tonight - if not, I may have to replace him on the album, as I am not about to spend more money on engineer and studio time to wait until he's better.

Did The Brain have an understudy or might Guy Haines be available as a last minute replacement??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2006, 03:57:18 PM »

The Jet Heating man arrived at my house. Called me and said he couldn't find any gas leak.

I told him he might need to turn the unit on first.

I don't know, but maybe this is the first gas heater this company has ever installed...in their 30 years in business as a heater installation company.

Anyway, I won't have any heat tonight, but they promise me it will be fixed tomorrow.

Whatever will you have do to keep yourself warm?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2006, 04:00:15 PM »

I've had a semi-lazy day.

I've been home alone most of the day.  My mom returned at about 4 p.m.  I was napping.

She's now gone to church until about 8 p.m.

I went out and bought gas for her van.

I washed two loads of clothes.

I put away a dishwasher full of clean dishes.

TV viewing has been pretty much of a wash.  TCM and FMC have been dreadfully dull ALL DAY LONG.  TCM, especially, with some really dreary movies from the 1930s.

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2006, 04:03:06 PM »

I watched the game show IDENTITY again last night.  Basically there are 12 people and 12 identities and the contestant has to guess which identity belongs to which person.

NBC is running every night this week. And it's hosted by Penn (of Penn & Teller).

Last night the man risked $250K to go for the last identity (to win 500K).  I really could not believe anyone would risk that much money. Crazy but he had me in tears!

He was great! So much energy and and he won! It was great

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2006, 04:08:51 PM »

I am very tired. Work has been totally crazy (busy-wise).  The bad weather didn't hit today it just rained all day. Now we're expecting it tonight, so of course I have a hearing at 8:00 AM.   It looks like I'll have to work all day Saturday, but I'm not heading to my folks until Sunday and I think I'd rather have the work done before I take the time off than to leave it hanging so I think about it all week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2006, 04:09:19 PM »

I want Santa Claus to bring me prosperity for me and Kritzerland, a deal to move The Brain From Planet X to NY, and the inspiration to start a new book come January, health and happiness.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up