Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS  (Read 38683 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
« Reply #330 on: December 24, 2006, 11:19:07 PM »

Have a great christmas.....

I hope bk's dinner party went well with mirth and laughter all about!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #331 on: December 24, 2006, 11:19:26 PM »

A Merry Christmas page 12 dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #332 on: December 25, 2006, 12:32:21 AM »

Bruce's Partay was lovely and yummy and nice, and I enjoyed it very much! The second party we went to was louder and filled with gay people who were also very happy, but the food was not as good ;)

Now I am off to my Grandmama in Northridge and then to San Diego to visit various relatives and stay in the will.

Happy Holidays to everyone!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 12:32:57 AM by Adriana Patti »
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Danise

« Reply #333 on: December 25, 2006, 12:42:14 AM »

DR Jrand, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty, Kachina!   It is so hard to say goodbye to a loved pet.

I don't know what I would do if Bear hadn't made it though his surgery.  Mom has decided we should change his name to "Patches".  It looks so funny with his coat shaved in all the different places to have those "warts" cut off.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #334 on: December 25, 2006, 12:42:52 AM »

Happy Holidays to you all!  Technically I am here in Arizona, so it is already Christmas...so Merry Christmas - FROM THE FUTURE!

I had a fun evening -- went to a dinner party with my parents at the house of some of their friends.  The husband is a self-proclaimed existentialist, and his wife was cooking up French cuisine...so naturally, my parents and I went in all black, complete with berets and cigarettes (mine not lit, of course) - and the three of us each had a nametag denoting us as either "Albert" [Camus], "Jean-Paul" [Sartre], and "Simone" [de Bouvoir].  He went in speaking in purposefully bad French accents and prattling off as many basic existentialist ideas as we could remember from reading various Wikipedia articles for around 15 minutes this afternoon.  Lots of fun.  Most likely not as fun as Bruce's rockin' party, but fun nonetheless!

And with that, I am off.  So, again, I say Merry Christmas to all - to all a good night!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Danise

« Reply #335 on: December 25, 2006, 12:44:41 AM »

Yes, I'm up very late.  I woke up with a totally dry throat and just didn't feel like going back to bed.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #336 on: December 25, 2006, 12:47:39 AM »

My favorite version of the Christmas Carol was "An American Christmas Carol" with Henry Winkler.  I was lucky enough to find it on DVD--which is good since you don't see it very often on TV anymore.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #337 on: December 25, 2006, 12:51:37 AM »

I'm still looking for the movie or tv show or whatever it was that had 3 guys from the nut house that thought they were the 3 Wise men.  They escaped and went to the zoo to get the camels and everywhere they went, something really good happened.

I think the star they were following was one that was on the top of a building downtown and of course, there was someone who didn't  like Christmas that changed their mind by the time the story was over.  

I wish I could see that again.  Like I said, I don't even know if it was a movie or a tv show.  I only saw it that one time but I never forgot it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #338 on: December 25, 2006, 12:55:31 AM »

Of course, you all should know about the story of the 4th Wiseman.  He came bearing Fruit Cake and was never heard from again! ;D  That same fruitcake has made the trip around the world many, many, many times sometimes used as doorstop.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #339 on: December 25, 2006, 12:58:48 AM »

Well, I guess I should head back into bed.  But I'm really not tired.  Maybe I'll just pull out a DVD and give it a view.  Lord knows I have enough of them that I've never even opened.  

I must also confess that I LOVE this new wireless keyboard.  It's soooo much nicer to have the keyboard on my lap then trying to hunch over the one on the desk.

Have a GREAT evening all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #340 on: December 25, 2006, 12:59:52 AM »

Hey BK, how was/is the party?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #341 on: December 25, 2006, 01:07:19 AM »

The Do is Done and it was an especially lovely Do.  I must go write the notes now and tell you all about it.  It was my intention to take many photographs and make many postings, but I never had the chance.  However, others were taking photographs and I'm sure they'll forward them to me and I shall post them when they do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #342 on: December 25, 2006, 01:08:32 AM »

Tonight at my parents' house, we ate and opened presents (the big gifts I got this year were a digital camera and some money!) and then watched "Holiday Inn."  I had never seen it and I think my niece was totally bored...a guilty pleasure for me.  She always feels that she gets to choose what we watch.  Well, not tonight. ;) Anyway, a lovely time was had with the family, as always. :)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 01:09:19 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #343 on: December 25, 2006, 01:09:57 AM »

I'll look forward to seeing them!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #344 on: December 25, 2006, 01:12:04 AM »

Tonight at my parents' house, we ate and opened presents (the big gifts I got this year were a digital camera and some money!) and then watched "Holiday Inn."  I had never seen it and I think my niece was totally bored...a guilty pleasure for me.  She always feels that she gets to choose what we watch.  Well, not tonight. ;) Anyway, a lovely time was had with the family, as always. :)

What kind of digital camera did you get, DR George?  

Money is always a nice gift.  It always comes in just the right size, shape and color.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #345 on: December 25, 2006, 01:13:22 AM »

Shortly, I will put on A Broadway Christmas, my Christmas CD of choice for these little Christmas Eve soirees.

I wanted to bring this and "A Hollywood Christmas" to my parents' house (and to my sister's tomorrow), but they're in storage.  I NEED TO EMPTY OUT MY STORAGE UNIT!!!  I keep saying to myself (and posting here) that I need to, but I haven't, yet. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #346 on: December 25, 2006, 01:15:43 AM »

The gift draw at work was a bit of a dud because you had to buy a gift that was good for a man or a woman but you couldn't buy a gift card.   They put numbers on all of the gifts then made you draw one.  

I would much rather have adopted a family that needed some help and bought them some food and gifts for the kids.

As it was, I got a plate to hang on the wall.  Hate to say it but it's going in the Goodwill bag I'm working on.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 01:17:37 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #347 on: December 25, 2006, 01:19:47 AM »

What kind of digital camera did you get, DR George?  

Money is always a nice gift.  It always comes in just the right size, shape and color.   :D

My parents bought me an Olympus FE-170 with 3x optical and 4x digital zoom, 6.0 megapixel CCD sensor (whatever that is), 2.5' color LCD AND they also got me a 1GB memory card!  I can take 205 super high quality pictures or 610 or so high quality pictures or 5742 of what they call e-mail quality pictures (I'm thinking thumbnail type pictures).

Danise

« Reply #348 on: December 25, 2006, 01:20:38 AM »

For the gift that I bought, I got one of those tower things with hot coco on the top, a box of nuts, a box of cookies, etc.  I thought that would work for a man or a woman and it was food so it would get eaten up, not collect dust some where.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #349 on: December 25, 2006, 01:21:50 AM »

My parents bought me an Olympus FE-170 with 3x optical and 4x digital zoom, 6.0 megapixel CCD sensor (whatever that is), 2.5' color LCD AND they also got me a 1GB memory card!  I can take 205 super high quality pictures or 610 or so high quality pictures or 5742 of what they call e-mail quality pictures (I'm thinking thumbnail type pictures).

That's wonderful!  Can't wait to see some pictures from it.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #350 on: December 25, 2006, 01:25:53 AM »

That's wonderful!  Can't wait to see some pictures from it.  :)

Here's one...it's the very first picture I took with it (I've only taken seven so far), and it's my niece Hilary with my sister Diane right behind her:

George

« Reply #351 on: December 25, 2006, 01:27:06 AM »

And here's my parents' armoire with the TV closed up inside it next to their tree:

Danise

« Reply #352 on: December 25, 2006, 01:29:46 AM »

Wow! Very nice.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #353 on: December 25, 2006, 01:31:25 AM »

The only thing that I don't like about it (but it's a minor quibble) is that there is no viewfinder...no eye-hole!  You can ONLY use the 2.5" LCD screen, which, of course, uses up more battery power. :P

George

« Reply #354 on: December 25, 2006, 01:31:48 AM »

Danise

« Reply #355 on: December 25, 2006, 01:32:16 AM »

Well, I think I shall head in and try to get some sleep.  It's raining here (again) and the sound of it on the roof might just lull me to sleep.

Have a good evening, DR George!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #356 on: December 25, 2006, 01:34:22 AM »

Thanks, Danise!  You too!!  And an official Merry Christmas to you!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up