Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: SHAKING IT UP  (Read 26266 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:SHAKING IT UP
« Reply #300 on: January 04, 2007, 10:01:47 PM »

I also have to burn a CD with the three Creature songs - I'll have to do that in the morning or maybe later tonight.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #301 on: January 04, 2007, 10:04:25 PM »

Me digging into the spagetti...
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #302 on: January 04, 2007, 10:13:49 PM »

JRand---Merlin looks elegant and wise. And very happy to be in Myrna's arms! Thanks for posting the pics!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #303 on: January 04, 2007, 10:14:30 PM »

Lovely Xmas spaghetti pictures, too, Adriana!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2007, 10:15:38 PM »

I'm watching Footlight Parade. Man, they had great costume designers back then, and gorgeous cinematography!

Edisaurus

« Reply #305 on: January 04, 2007, 10:18:50 PM »

DR Jose, we can totally play things by ear. Since I freelance, my schedule is never predictable. If you like BBQ, I have a few favorite places in town you might like.

And then there's that bar that is a favorite of my little French boy on the night they do showtune karaoke. On second thought, that might be a form of torture to you!

Edisaurus

« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2007, 10:19:41 PM »

And if our schedules don't coincide, *we* know whose fault it will be!

Tomovoz

« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2007, 10:23:26 PM »

Interesting footnote about the Dovells.  They recorded an American version of a song by an English group.  But their record company dragged their feet and before it could be released, the English version came out.  A little ditty called She Loves You by a group called the Beatles.

...and thus goes the course of history, my children.  Now what would have happened to the Beatles, if the Dovells' version of She Loves You had been released over here first?  Would the mop-tops have become as popular as they did?  Who can say?
Well Del Shanon made hardly a ripple with "From Me To You.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #308 on: January 04, 2007, 10:24:08 PM »

DR Jose: A fellow editor friend was telling me today about a BBQ place in Memphis that he drove to from Atlanta to get some over for the holidays. I'll find out which one he went to. He brought back about 5 pounds of pulled pork and sauce and his mom put the pan in the oven. They forgot about it and it dried up, but it was such good BBQ his family ate it anyway! (Good thing he brought back the sauce!)

Edisaurus

« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2007, 10:25:14 PM »

I remember The Freddie. I like the song "The Bristol Stomp" but I always thought it was a British group. Now i know!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #310 on: January 04, 2007, 10:54:10 PM »

I am sitting here like so much fish.  Maybe I'll transfer the creature songs right now and get that out of the way.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up