News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: TGIS  (Read 62231 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TGIS
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2007, 11:21:38 PM »

I shall now nose around the Internet, and then I might even ear around the Internet, just for a change of pace.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2007, 11:21:57 PM »

Page ten, as I live and breathe.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2007, 11:27:43 PM »

Lovely pictures of Bosco and friends. Freddie looks unplussed about the goings on...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #273 on: January 20, 2007, 11:32:38 PM »

Now, here's a question for all - why do we pronounce the word thermometer as ther-MOM-eter?  Given that it is two words portmanteaued together, shouldn't it be THER-mo-ME-ter?  

This is how my mom pronounces it. You should hear the way she says calculator.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #274 on: January 20, 2007, 11:35:31 PM »

In honor of Ron:

ARE YOU ON THE LIST?

What list???

List of Mayhem, Bedlam and mischief??
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2007, 11:37:19 PM »

Why is Sandra just sitting there like so much fish?  Post already, floop girl.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2007, 11:39:15 PM »

Welcome back to you too!
I was wondering where you'd gone!

I'm happy the film is making such an impact! And I'm one of those people who do think that editing is crucial to the quality of a movie and as important as good direction!

A movie NOT TO MISS from Canada I deeply enjoyed recently: CONGORAMA! It's a comedy that takes place in Belgium and Canada!

Welcome Back Monsieur Francois!!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2007, 11:40:23 PM »

I don't know from French films, except that we watched parts of Manon of the Spring in some class a while back. I remember thinking that one guy was a real loser and that Manon had chutzpah.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2007, 11:40:27 PM »

Sandra...

I pronounce it ter mom eter

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2007, 11:42:46 PM »

I also have a bad habit if putting r's in where they dont belong

Bemidji and I prounounce it Bermidgi
Washington  - Warshington
Canada  - CAHnaDah

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2007, 11:43:33 PM »

how does she prounounce marshmallow?

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #281 on: January 20, 2007, 11:45:01 PM »

I'm trying to remember the last time my mother said "marshmallow" to me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #282 on: January 20, 2007, 11:46:30 PM »

A FReind of mine from Boston says Mashmallow

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #283 on: January 20, 2007, 11:46:54 PM »

some say i have a bit of a Canadian accent

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #284 on: January 20, 2007, 11:48:08 PM »

one of my fave sayingis is

out and about (pronounced ehbowt!)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2007, 11:52:40 PM »

Will we never get to page eleven?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2007, 11:55:57 PM »

I do find it interseting how people from NJ say pants

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #287 on: January 20, 2007, 11:57:10 PM »

Noo Joisey has an distinct accent as does Noo Yahk and Noo Awlins'

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #288 on: January 20, 2007, 11:57:31 PM »

Two for tea....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #289 on: January 20, 2007, 11:57:47 PM »

and tea for two....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #290 on: January 20, 2007, 11:58:17 PM »

::: hands bk a cup of tea :::

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #291 on: January 20, 2007, 11:58:35 PM »

sugar?  one lump or two?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #292 on: January 20, 2007, 11:59:14 PM »

Is it warming up in the City of Angels?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #293 on: January 20, 2007, 11:59:31 PM »

are we close yet?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2007, 12:00:16 AM »

Wasnt there a french version of Three Men and a baby?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #295 on: January 21, 2007, 12:00:42 AM »

I am on my own frenzy....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2007, 12:01:14 AM »

hmmm wonder if I can reach 10k posts before July 12?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2007, 12:01:49 AM »

Are we there yet?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2007, 12:02:10 AM »

May I could reach 300

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2007, 12:02:29 AM »

Hmmm wonder if this will do it
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up