Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CRACKED  (Read 84187 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:CRACKED
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2007, 01:50:55 PM »

I began my afternoon finishing THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA. I still find one aspect of the film unsatisfying: I feel her friends and her boy friend didn't support Andy the way they should have. People change as they grow and as they assume the responsibilities of an adult world. She was in a crushingly impossible job with demands made on her at all times. It doesn't matter that they didn't approve. If it's what she felt she needed to do to achieve the ends she was seeking, she should have had their support. Instead, they seemed to judge her negatively because she wasn't what THEY expected her to be FOR THEM. Unfair and selfish, it struck me.

Perhaps it's a part of the problem caused by the entirely new plot for the end of the film?  I have to say, I liked the film more. however.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Miss Karen

« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2007, 01:53:49 PM »

No, DR Jennifer...Sundance Head had "no" beard.  You're thinking of the guy who did the Johnny Cash song.  With the long hair and the freakish beard.

How could you not remember Sundance Head???????

and the Jesus (the gentile not Spanish pronunciation) Castro guy (..who could be Amish, too ..maybe ? ..) who you refer to singing a Cash song -- ditto for him when the AI stylist gets hold of him

Miss Karen

« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2007, 02:00:37 PM »

DR Elmo ~  Speaking of dittos, your orchestrations for The Brain were/are "beautiful, witty, fun" -- and, my addition, "delightful" (as you are, too, sir)...

Miss Karen

« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2007, 02:06:43 PM »

Two major drawbacks even for the most romantically-minded.  :)

Ha-ha-ha ~ a tip of the HHW "clever retort " cap to you, DR Jeanne

Miss Karen

« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2007, 02:08:34 PM »

Well, seeing how it looks like I'm only posting to myself and I've got things to do, adieu!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2007, 02:12:05 PM »

I hope no one minds if I post another Jeff Richards shot...he really is my dream date...well, except that he was a drunkard and he is dead...

In that order, I hope.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2007, 02:22:04 PM »

I didn't read the first three, but friends told me how much got omitted in the movie of GOBLET OF FIRE, so I'm reading them now to know ALL of the story rather than just the highlights. Since ORDER OF THE PHOENIX comes out later this year, I have the time to read it now before the film opens. So, for the first time, I will know the secrets of the book before I see the film.
Be warned, because this can lead to [size=20]SPOILERS!!!![/size]

Rowling has retained control of what goes into the scripts - meaning, she makes sure that the plot points important not just to each story but to the entire series get included in each film.  From this, we can be sure that certain elements are not going to be important in the final book, because those elements were not included in the earlier films.

Case in point - Peeves, the poltergeist.  He's a regular part of the fun in the books, but hasn't made even one appearance in the films.  Therefor, logically, he has no importance in the final story.

What the heck, you'll be spotting these differences yourself.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2007, 02:39:57 PM »

I love the books!  Welcome to the club.

I've certainly enjoyed the first 1/5 of ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, and I'm guessing a good portion of this part won't make it into the film.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2007, 02:41:29 PM »

It's a lazy afternoon
And the beetle bugs are zooming
And the tulip trees are blooming
And theres not another human in view,
But us two
It's a lazy afternoon
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2007, 02:42:13 PM »

Now, I'm heading down to clean the den, read some more HARRY POTTER, and then finish PRISONER OF AZKABAN on DVD before prime time TV starts.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2007, 02:46:37 PM »

Jason "Sundance" Head:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2007, 02:47:10 PM »

Melinda Doolittle:

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2007, 02:49:35 PM »

I wonder if anything happened in preschool today?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2007, 02:53:54 PM »

I wonder if anything happened in preschool today?

Why? Did your mommy make you stay home?

:)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2007, 03:18:42 PM »

I'm sorry, but nothing exciting happened in preschool today. The girls bickered with each other, but that's nothing new. And I ate my plate, but that's also nothing new.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2007, 03:19:32 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from SoHo, and an interesting trip to Sur La Table.  A dear friend had given me a gift card for the store, and since I did need some table linens, I figured I might as well get them there for "free".  So, I found what I needed, and then I proceeded to look around the store for whatever else I wanted/needed - so that I could use up the full value of the gift card.  Well, I must have done about four or five good laps around the store, checking and re-checking shelves.  -I don't need that.  -I already have that.  -Could I use that?  -Do I have room for that?  etc., etc., etc.  I started to feel as if the some of the staff and security guard were thinking I was casing the joint.  I wasn't.  I was just trying to fill my shopping basket with enough goodies to use up the balance up on the gift card - which really wasn't that much in the larger scheme of things.  So, after browsing for about an hour and a half(!) - and the store really isn't that big - I found enough stuff that I thought I could use.

Now I just need to use them.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2007, 03:21:54 PM »

Alas, all that walking around the store took it's toll on me - I could actually feel my blood sugar drop - well, I got a little light-headed at one point.  Luckily, there's a Dean & Deluca two blocks away, so I was able to stop in there and get a good piece of bread to knosh on and some bottled water.

-I guess all this getting up "early" is going to take some getting used to.  Who knew four hours could make such a difference?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2007, 03:22:33 PM »

Well... I think I'm going to treat myself to a nice hot shower, and then veg in front of the TV for a bit.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2007, 03:47:40 PM »

I hope no one minds if I post another Jeff Richards shot...he really is my dream date...well, except that he was a drunkard and he is dead...

Is this the same Jeff Richards who was in the musical Seven Brides For Seven Brothers who didn't dance in  the barn raising sequence and whose singing was dubbed?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 03:48:01 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2007, 03:55:50 PM »

You're basically S.O.L. if it's a "standard stock" item - which is any item that is listed on the website as "Not Available from the web site".  You just have to wait for IKEA to get their next shipment in.  They do not special order items to be sent to the store. -Unless it's one of their higher-end items - couches, cabinetry, applances, etc.  Thankfully, they get things shipped to their stores on a regular basis, although I have talked to some friends who have waited weeks, even months for a something to come back in stock.  Those boats from Sweden can take a while sometimes.

Especially if they have a Swedish captain!  
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2007, 03:57:23 PM »

Back from a difficult jog.  Still don't know what's what with the missing package - no one will take any responsibility.  The post office says they don't scan in a delivery confirmation until it is either delivered to the address or to someone from the address.  My mail place says they don't have it - clearly someone is either lying or has lost the package.  I've written the company who sent it and asked them to deal with it and to resend the contents of the lost package.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2007, 04:05:42 PM »

Is this the same Jeff Richards who was in the musical Seven Brides For Seven Brothers who didn't dance in  the barn raising sequence and whose singing was dubbed?

Yes...the one and only.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2007, 04:05:51 PM »

My sister LOVES Ikea.  She just went yesterday and called me to tell me that she has some gifts for me. :D

A few of the clerks?
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2007, 04:11:18 PM »

England's a good place to start---no language barrier!

And of course, you'll always have Paris, and François!

No language barrier???  Have you ever tried to get an English-speaking waiter???
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2007, 04:14:37 PM »

Back from a difficult jog.

Oh, illustrious one in your ivory tower, did you get my sycophantic emails and abject prostrations of apology and dismay over She Who Must Be Bita?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2007, 04:15:16 PM »

Ahhhhh... Nothing like a good steam.  -Well, at least a nice hot shower.

Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2007, 04:15:30 PM »

No language barrier???  Have you ever tried to get an English-speaking waiter???

You're only bitter because you misunderstood the British term "knock you up."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2007, 04:16:34 PM »

Could there be another?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2007, 04:16:52 PM »

...And some good green tea and a pistachio doughnut from the Doughnut Plant...

Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2007, 04:19:16 PM »

A few of the clerks?
[/i]

I wish! ;) Sadly, probably not...they would've been delivered by now. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up